Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Von_Friedeburg

Matchmaker just annoying. Why?

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
20 posts
104 battles

I wondered why i cant even reach 50% winrate. I dont feel to be such a bad Player and thats why i checked some Playernames just for fun.

And i can see an interesting shematic. You can check yourself.

I say a good Player is a Player with a high average exp / match.

But when i find Players with a high average exp / match ratio they are all under 50% winrate. But Players with a bad average exp ratio are above 50%.

I stopped playing WoT and WoWp because good Players always got threatened for beeing good. As better you were, as worse your teammates.

But this looks insane. Are good Players punished so hard that they arent allowed to win half of their matches?

Alpha Tester
797 posts

Farming damage and throwing the match is the way to go in WG games. Taking risks to win is highly punished and barely rewarded.

Beta Tester
135 posts
890 battles

I haven't really noticed anything like that. I've maintained a steady 52% WR since around my 500th match or so (up to 1k now), and I consider myself a passable player at best. If you're looking at average experience keep in mind that it currently counts premium/first win bonuses, not just base experience, making it rather useless of comparison purposes.

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Weekend Tester
397 posts
5,148 battles

Yup it's due to damage, if you have a game that goes on for a long time you can do more damage and get more xp but chances are it will be a draw.  Also a lot of people will stay back and ignore caps just to shoot form range but these people will rearely do enough damage to impact the game and therefore not contribute to the team and then you lose.

• Cool 4

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,340 posts
3,342 battles

Yup it's due to damage, if you have a game that goes on for a long time you can do more damage and get more xp but chances are it will be a draw.  Also a lot of people will stay back and ignore caps just to shoot form range but these people will rarely do enough damage to impact the game and therefore not contribute to the team and then you lose.

^^ This, to the N'th degree.

Beta Tester
135 posts
890 battles

Yup it's due to damage, if you have a game that goes on for a long time you can do more damage and get more xp but chances are it will be a draw.  Also a lot of people will stay back and ignore caps just to shoot form range but these people will rearely do enough damage to impact the game and therefore not contribute to the team and then you lose.

Yeah, this is a pretty big part of it. Dealing 50k damage in the first five minutes will generally benefit your chances of winning a lot more than dealing 80k damage over a period of fifteen minutes, simply because you're removing more damage potential from the enemy earlier meaning they're doing less damage to your team overall during the fight.

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

Funny thing is, (maybe i am hallucinating) i notice quite the different, good players with good avg dmg / avg exp per battle are somewhat in their 54-62% winrates, where as the "not so good players" are ranked lower (even under 50% winrates)...so, for me, working as intended

Beta Tester
111 posts
4,887 battles

well, i am trying this and that and something else.... 

to be honest, i like to win, but currently I mostly test around, setups, skills, different ship types and tiers....

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,340 posts
3,342 battles

One thing to remember though is that current win-rates may be inflated by pre-patch features now removed, for some people. The issue with MM, both here and in WoT, is that it does not take in to account much except the ship class and tier. So it is a lottery who you end up with. In WoT it is easier to carry in a tank, but if you are a good player here in a BB on a team that does not support you you're toast if the enemy team focus fire on you even if they have lesser skills. While there are some islands you can't peekaboo here much. It will be somewhat exciting to see how it all ends up, personally I wish they would experience a bit with MM and distribution of players.

Edited by krautjaeger

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

One thing to remember though is that current win-rates may be inflated by pre-patch features now removed, for some people. The issue with MM, both here and in WoT, is that it does not take in to account much except the ship class and tier. So it is a lottery who you end up with. In WoT it is easier to carry in a tank, but if you are a good player here in a BB on a team that does not support you you're toast if the enemy team focus fire on you even if they have lesser skills. While there are some islands you can't peekaboo here much. It will be somewhat exciting to see how it all ends up, personally I wish they would experience a bit with MM and distribution of players.

Agreed and with the new HE mechanics, even more so.....my poor Amagi lights the skies nowadays all the time :izmena:

Alpha Tester
2,271 posts
1,040 battles

I can give you many names with high avarage exp + high avarage damage AND high WR. But the point is?

Only WG can give stats to compare, but they won't of course. I think it's the same as in WoT, but a single player (even a division) can't influence the outcome here as much as in WoT (for now only my Yamato and the new CV stats speak against that). But the idea is the same - the good player will protect his hp for later and farm damage, while his bad teammates (who act only as hp, as they can't do their job) die instead of him and his damage should compensate their fails. Of course the difference between tomato sniper at max range the entire game and good player is that the last will have much better situational awareness and will act when needed to turn the tides + will have the skill to actually do it of course.

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

I can give you many names with high avarage exp + high avarage damage AND high WR. But the point is?

Only WG can give stats to compare, but they won't of course. I think it's the same as in WoT, but a single player (even a division) can't influence the outcome here as much as in WoT (for now only my Yamato and the new CV stats speak against that). But the idea is the same - the good player will protect his hp for later and farm damage, while his bad teammates (who act only as hp, as they can't do their job) die instead of him and his damage should compensate their fails. Of course the difference between tomato sniper at max range the entire game and good player is that the last will have much better situational awareness and will act when needed to turn the tides + will have the skill to actually do it of course.

Well, but that also depends on the Team, you can have as much situational awareness as you want, if for example, your team decides to go as a lemming train, leaving you with maybe 1 or 2 teammates on a flank where you get outnumbered, turning the tide will get hard, especially, if your lemmings get smoked by the enemy they outnumber :teethhappy:.

But other then that, i totally agree, but, i have also seen quite the different, where a division had sufficient influence, to turn the tide, totaling 2/3 of the enemys sunk, but, those are really rare ocassions

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
441 posts
3,830 battles

But the idea is the same - the good player will protect his hp for later and farm damage, while his bad teammates (who act only as hp, as they can't do their job) die instead of him and his damage should compensate their fails. Of course the difference between tomato sniper at max range the entire game and good player is that the last will have much better situational awareness and will act when needed to turn the tides + will have the skill to actually do it of course.

A good player will spread the dmg over the team, getting the most out of the repair skills.

Hanging back gives you results like this:

diqtcTJ.jpg

Yup, I got 6 kills in a 7 vs 7 game and we drawed because I didn't have the HP to engage the last enemy ..... That BB was at full HP and lost us the win, but still got second on expi.

I was the closest target on every engagement ... and spend more then half of my time and effort on dodging. I told/asked the BB to turn into the enemy half of the map 5 mins before the game end ( when he still had the time) but ofc he didn't. He turned into the enemy half of the map when I was already 1/3rd across it and taking fire.

Edited by Hummus

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

A good player will spread the dmg over the team, getting the most out of the repair skills.

Hanging back gives you results like this:

diqtcTJ.jpg

Yup, I got 6 kills in a 7 vs 7 game and we drawed because I didn't have the HP to engage the last enemy ..... That BB was at full HP and lost us the win, but still got second on expi.

I was the closest target on every engagement ... and spend more then half of my time and effort on dodging. I told/asked the BB to turn into the enemy half of the map 5 mins before the game end ( when he still had the time) but ofc he didn't. He turned into the enemy half of the map when I was already 1/3rd across it and taking fire.

Des Moines, your argument is invalid :teethhappy:

And looking at the Exp gained, maybe he didn´t what you expected him to do, but, he should got his dmg done, otherwise, he would sit where the myouko sits :hiding:

On the other hand, well, we can not make a judgement, we didn´t see what really happened there, what did he stand against, was he outnumbered and so on and so on, many facts there are to reveal :teethhappy:

But well, not accusing you of telling lies or anything. Anything can happen in those games 

Edited by Smi2k

Alpha Tester
240 posts
425 battles

DM 6 kills 1055 Exp, Nagato 0 kills 991Exp - looks to me like you finished off a bunch of ships that your team had already reduced to barely floating wreckage. In itself this isn't a bad thing, until they're dead they can shoot back, so killing off the low HP guys can be extremely useful for reducing the enemy DPS quickly, but it doesn't mean you were infinitely superior to your teammates or that the Nagato player should have followed ytour instructions. 

Dave

• Cool 1

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,340 posts
3,342 battles

!Wanted!

Team wanted, urgently. Ready to hire as soon as possible.

Qualifications: Must be able to steer a ship, fire guns/torpedoes at enemy and hit, but most importantly of all understand tactics and how to support your team-mates.

That's my wet dream, currently.

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
441 posts
3,830 battles

Des Moines, your argument is invalid :teethhappy:

Hehehehehe, fair enough :P     (they even buffed it this patch ! ...... It is perfect now ! )

And looking at the Exp gained, maybe he didn´t what you expected him to do, but, he should got his dmg done, otherwise, he would sit where the myouko sits :hiding:

On the other hand, well, we can not make a judgement, we didn´t see what really happened there, what did he stand against, was he outnumbered and so on and so on, many facts there are to reveal :teethhappy:

But well, not accusing you of telling lies or anything. Anything can happen in those games 

I wasn't complaining about his aiming skills, (although this was before the patch when a certain mod was still available) he was doing good dmg ......

My problem was that he was absolutely refusing to get anywhere near enemies ...... He actually drove away when I tried to hide behind him. As I said, I was closer to the enemies for the entire fight ! (the other cruisers took some of the attention off me, allowing me to do some proper shooting) but that BB just refused to get shot at, forcing me to keep zig zagging all the time which screwed my dmg output.

He just drove west to east on the G line all game, and only came after me into the enemy side of the map when I had killed every thing except that last Des Moines (at that point i had 100 hp left, so I had to disengage)

The myouko was unlucky enough to find the enemy cruiser push .... Can't blame him for dying against that, he gave me enough time to vaporize the first Pepsi.

Beta Tester
99 posts
2,182 battles

Don't forget that the number of draws is actually quite high compared to WoT. I think I currently have around 8-9% draws. Given that, a mid 40's winrate should be about average. As long as you manage that you are not doing too badly.

Edited by 2ndaryBattleTank

Sign in to follow this