Jump to content
Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Naval Legends Cinemarathon

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[FIFO]
Beta Tester
119 posts
12,604 battles

Well, if it really is as simple as that (watch an interesting video and get a code) then kudos to WG! :-)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,014 posts
3,462 battles
Quote

This is the first video in the "YouTube Premiere" format on our channel. YouTube Premiere — is a new way of communication with our community, towing the line between live streams and traditional videos. 
Leading up to the release of video there will be a count down timer and when video goes live, you can chat with other viewers who will all be watching the video in real-time, like on livestream!  After you click the bell, you'll get two tune-in notifications — one around 30 minutes before the premiere, and another one with the start. 
Watch a marathon in a new format, similar to movie premiere. Chat, subscribe to our channel, and click the bell so as not to miss the start of the cinemarathon!

way too alienating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EUTF]
Players
248 posts
6,707 battles

Re watching old videos is a wonderful idea for people that are on WC doing "private" things

 

If you really want to get views get back Alena and do some proper videos :)

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PSDNR]
[PSDNR]
Players
92 posts

I'm sorry, but if the choice is between dying of covid19 and getting a cat and a mac, I absolutely and unreservedly choose covid19. No contest.

shot-20.04.22_17.33.40-0309.jpg

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PSDNR]
[PSDNR]
Players
92 posts
1 hour ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

way too alienating.

Now this has me curious. Is this an aliens joke or do you actually mean you cannot relate to the post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,014 posts
3,462 battles
21 minutes ago, All4theLOL said:

Now this has me curious. Is this an aliens joke or do you actually mean you cannot relate to the post?

 

I had to check an English thesaurus, and I agree that my use of the word "alienation" wasn't very clear.

I mean "a sense of being controlled and/or exploited" - that meaning is derived from Marxist theory, which is evidently taught more in certain parts of the world than others!

 

I hate (most) videos for that reason. They rob me of time and of the ability to multitask, and I can't search a video for the relevant parts either as I do with text documents.

Videos confer information way too slowly (in the days of flight travel without on board entertainment, I read 250 page books in about 4-6 hours), but if I don't listen to the video, I won't understand it.

It feels like a highway with a very low speed limit. Waste of time.

*of course there are many videos that are very well made and very interesting - but that's another story.

 

The exploitation part is because the reasons I list above are exactly the reasons why advertisers LOVE videos. During videos, their ads/product placements have full access to someone's brain, because there is nothing else to focus on.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAPT]
Players
502 posts
12,709 battles

So WG would rather have me spend my VALUABLE time watching a video rather than playing the game. How stupid is that?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
272 posts
1 hour ago, All4theLOL said:

I'm sorry, but if the choice is between dying of covid19 and getting a cat and a mac, I absolutely and unreservedly choose covid19. No contest.

shot-20.04.22_17.33.40-0309.jpg

You don't like cats? 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
387 posts
6 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

I had to check an English thesaurus, and I agree that my use of the word "alienation" wasn't very clear.

I mean "a sense of being controlled and/or exploited" - that meaning is derived from Marxist theory, which is evidently taught more in certain parts of the world than others!

Oh... you meant that you are under the impression you are being [drastically and vehemently copulated (with)]? Since most thesaurus editors suffer from the same disease the forum software does, i.e. moralistic aphasia, that thwarts a/or omitts words everyone uses and recognizes anyway, even when st*r sp*ngl*d ... (pun intended)... Please allow me to point you to an old  [doubleplusungood poo-word he uses to describe himselfsage who will elucidate the term.

->  [link to yt, yeah i know XD... BUT: audio only and 151 seconds of timeless, priceless wisdom worth any second spent] :fish_book: 

 

6 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

I hate (most) videos for that reason. They rob me of time and of the ability to multitask, and I can't search a video for the relevant parts either as I do with text documents.

Videos confer information way too slowly (in the days of flight travel without on board entertainment, I read 250 page books in about 4-6 hours), but if I don't listen to the video, I won't understand it.

It feels like a highway with a very low speed limit. Waste of time.

*of course there are many videos that are very well made and very interesting - but that's another story.

 

The exploitation part is because the reasons I list above are exactly the reasons why advertisers LOVE videos.

thumb-up-signal_emphatic.thumb.png.642dd82699a5d71368861daf2ec28516.png     You are not alone.    100% ack.    Nothing to add.   

 

6 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

The exploitation part is because the reasons I list above are exactly the reasons why advertisers LOVE videos. During videos, their ads/product placements have full access to someone's brain, because there is nothing else to focus on.

Sry, déformation professionnelle triggered. That's not entirely wrong, just as correct as "the sky is blue because the air is blue and there's 100 km of it above you - so there you see it but not on ground level"... which isn't entirely wrong either, makes it understandable for someone not familiar w/ concepts like Rayleigh scattering, refraction, diffraction, etc.  -- But I'll settle for "that's what many marketeers believe to be true".

Trying to avoid a three page neuroscience rant -> -> all you need to know: once you have become aware of this vector ('method to influence"), as w/ many others, it loses it's efficacy. Entirely if you you occasionally remember to remember yourself of the fact i just stated. Now you probably will ;-> 

[Curious? Search for de-/stereotyping.That's a related effect/technique, but ime easier to grasp for most. I consider remembering and posting things these as mental hygiene ;-> ...like dental mental floss to keep away the rot. ;D  ...and yes, i do seminars + workshops ;;;D].   

 

Happy hunting,

cheers!      ... + santé!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PSDNR]
[PSDNR]
Players
92 posts
16 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

 

I had to check an English thesaurus, and I agree that my use of the word "alienation" wasn't very clear.

I mean "a sense of being controlled and/or exploited" - that meaning is derived from Marxist theory, which is evidently taught more in certain parts of the world than others!

 

I hate (most) videos for that reason. They rob me of time and of the ability to multitask, and I can't search a video for the relevant parts either as I do with text documents.

Videos confer information way too slowly (in the days of flight travel without on board entertainment, I read 250 page books in about 4-6 hours), but if I don't listen to the video, I won't understand it.

It feels like a highway with a very low speed limit. Waste of time.

*of course there are many videos that are very well made and very interesting - but that's another story.

 

The exploitation part is because the reasons I list above are exactly the reasons why advertisers LOVE videos. During videos, their ads/product placements have full access to someone's brain, because there is nothing else to focus on.


Oh wow! You're sensitive to signal-to-noise ratio just like me! :cap_win:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PSDNR]
[PSDNR]
Players
92 posts
15 hours ago, TheWolfQueen said:

You don't like cats? 


If I wanted an antisocial and permanently cantankerous hair pump to wake me up with either a gag reflex from the smell of vomit or the dulcet tones on an air raid siren going off in my ear as it stood on my face screeching to be tended IMMEDIATELY, I'd just have children.

The only cats I like are barking cats.

Cat, petrol, match

WOOF

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-IF-]
Players
19 posts
9,832 battles

Has anyone got complete list of codes?
I've got list f first 11 but RL got in way after that!

ISTHEREAGOLDFINCH – 
SHIPTOBEATYAMATO – 
350YEARSLEGACY – 
FIGHTINGIESTSHIP – 
NOTASUBORISSHE – 
STEAMCHAT2K – 
LONGLIVETHEKINGX – 
80KFOLLOWERSTOTWEET – 
GNEVNYCLASS – 
YOUKNOWHERNAME – 
BECKERLEGACY

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PSDNR]
[PSDNR]
Players
92 posts
2 hours ago, Paulus001 said:

Has anyone got complete list of codes?
I've got list f first 11 but RL got in way after that!

ISTHEREAGOLDFINCH – 
SHIPTOBEATYAMATO – 
350YEARSLEGACY – 
FIGHTINGIESTSHIP – 
NOTASUBORISSHE – 
STEAMCHAT2K – 
LONGLIVETHEKINGX – 
80KFOLLOWERSTOTWEET – 
GNEVNYCLASS – 
YOUKNOWHERNAME – 
BECKERLEGACY


Only one that didn't work for my was the 80K. Thanks for posting this mate!! :cap_like:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×