Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
YabbaCoe

PSA: Desync issue

74 comments in this topic

[T-N-T]
Players
1,172 posts
4,311 battles
54 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Commanders!

We are aware of the "desync" issue which may sometimes cause shells to miss their target.

For now, we are collecting replays and other information and investigating the problem.

We assure you that we will deliver the fix for the problem as soon as possible.

There is a similar situation when bombs land faster than the damage is dealt.

As for this issue, we already have the solution, but we need some time to proper prepare it for delivery to production environment.

We would like to apologize for the situation and all the inconvenience caused.

Good luck, and fair seas!

Google translated? 😁

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,180 posts
4,143 battles
10 minutes ago, Endala said:

Google translated? 😁

Nope, is there anything incomprehensible?

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,118 posts
15,116 battles
18 minutes ago, Endala said:

Google translated? 😁

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,188 posts
17,996 battles
1 hour ago, YabbaCoe said:

I wonder how long will it take? One year? Two? When you can monetize it?

Because thanks to this "issue" skill became worthless, as no amount of skill can compensate for the RNG fiesta that is in the game right now.

• Cool 10
  • Bad 1

[GURKA]
Players
4,634 posts
9,666 battles
7 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Because thanks to this "issue" skill became worthless, as no amount of skill can compensate for the RNG fiesta that is in the game right now.

in the german stream, they said, they have already a fix for it (I guess it was only for the bombs, don't remember). But they can't put it on live yet without some testing etc.

Edit, it stands even in this thread xD

So I would assume the fix comes fast

• Cool 1

[WHYME]
Players
33 posts
2,249 battles

It is interesting that only when Flamu found a problem and showed a video on youtube, WG admits that the problem exists. If it weren't for that, they would still pretend that there is no problem. Now for the next year or two WG will pretend to fix anything.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 5

Players
5,577 posts
11,827 battles
15 minutes ago, TheLegendsOfWows said:

It is interesting that only when Flamu found a problem and showed a video on youtube, WG admits that the problem exists. If it weren't for that, they would still pretend that there is no problem. Now for the next year or two WG will pretend to fix anything.

Well for most players its already too complicated to make a proper Screenshot, left alone making a 15-20 minutes video with commentary. If somebody else (or you) would have already done it this might have happened alot sooner.

Personally i didn't pay any attention to it till 2 days ago but was able to find the same Issue directly in a match after i watched the vid. 

• Cool 4

[WHYME]
Players
33 posts
2,249 battles

I didn't pay any attention to it before but I was frustrated that I don't do as much damage as before. I think the problem has been around since WG changed IFHE. Since then I get much worse dmg.

I am a player and not a WG employee. I buy a premium account etc. And I demand a good quality product for it. That's all.

• Cool 4

[SWN]
Players
23 posts
6,587 battles

Will this fix also include something for the issue with shells fired through islands? 

Allthough I know it's not as  big a deal but it's just really silly that you can see shells fly through islands like they aren't there.

This bug has been in the game for ages as well... 

Players
9,146 posts
10,735 battles
1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

Tbh, desync was always with the game, just recently (due to increased server load?) became even more noticeable.

• Cool 3

[-SOG-]
Players
11 posts
10,689 battles

Its only fair we get compensated with premium time for however long this has been going on. in my case i count 3 months now:Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
24 posts
2,888 battles

Thank you for addressing this. I thought I was losing my mind when my shells clearly hit an enemy, but didn't register. 

• Cool 3

Players
9,146 posts
10,735 battles
4 minutes ago, Masaku5 said:

Its only fair we get compensated with premium time for however long this has been going on. in my case i count 3 months now:Smile_trollface:

5 years prem when, as this bug drags on since beta:Smile_trollface:

[4_0_4]
Players
7,034 posts
13,163 battles
2 hours ago, TheLegendsOfWows said:

Honestly? Most players properly just blamed it on bad RNG or poor aim.

I doubt that many did the effort to watch the replays of such matches.

• Cool 2

[TVO]
Players
8 posts
17,899 battles

Could this be related to simply cutting down on server costs? If thats the case im pretty sure the "problem will partially solve itself" when the lockdown measures start easying up. I have serious doubts anything will solved before xmas. Of course with CV its another issue, that has to be solved ASAP, especially with german CV line incoming.

[BMD]
[BMD]
Players
244 posts
15,355 battles
15 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

Commanders!

We are aware of the "desync" issue which may sometimes cause shells to miss their target.

For now, we are collecting replays and other information and investigating the problem.

There is a similar situation when bombs land faster than the damage is dealt.

As for this issue, we already have the solution, but we need some time to proper prepare it for delivery to production environment.

We would like to apologize for the situation and all the inconvenience caused.

Good luck, and fair seas!

Thats fine @YabbaCoe when are you going to fix it on the live server too ??

Players
312 posts

I watched Flamu's stream and thought ahh that's why I'm Sh!t at the game :Smile_sad:  Then I came to my senses and thought naah I'm just :etc_swear:ing hopeless desync or not :cap_fainting:

Are there any other problems floating about? I only ask because I can't use the shop at all either in game or through the portal, started doing this 3 days ago in game and today using the portal, 

[NABB]
Players
9 posts
18,762 battles
On 4/21/2020 at 7:00 PM, CptChonk said:

Flamu didnt found the problem , his viewers did    :P

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
985 posts
21,190 battles

Any updates on any possible progress?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,192 posts
13,642 battles
46 minutes ago, cometa47 said:

Some months past.

Any news? Some chance to not play a slot machine game? @YabbaCoe @Crysantos

What do you mean by months? We posted this announcement this week and it'll take us a while to get to the bottom of this for the shells aspect. As soon as we've found it we'll work on a fix and deploy it :Smile_honoring:

On 4/21/2020 at 7:00 PM, CptChonk said:

That's not true - we're not hiding problems, but there is a huge variety of sources for issues that players report. Especially if there is only a very small amount of reports, it might be related to issues with a player's PC, software, mods, connection, etc. - so it's very hard sometimes to nail down a bug and in particular its source. We got a lot of input on this topic this week, in particular thanks to Flamu's video and we'll do our best to fix it. The more info / occurences players can send us, the faster we'll be able to figure out where this problem is coming from. Once it's isolated we'll have to see how we can fix it.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WHYME]
Players
33 posts
2,249 battles
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

That's not true - we're not hiding problems, but there is a huge variety of sources for issues that players report. Especially if there is only a very small amount of reports, it might be related to issues with a player's PC, software, mods, connection, etc. - so it's very hard sometimes to nail down a bug and in particular its source. We got a lot of input on this topic this week, in particular thanks to Flamu's video and we'll do our best to fix it. The more info / occurences players can send us, the faster we'll be able to figure out where this problem is coming from. Once it's isolated we'll have to see how we can fix it. 

Greetings, Crysantos

Hello @Crysantos

I think a serious company (and WG is one of them right?) does not have to use players to detect their errors. Still, it's good that you are dealing with this problem and I hope you solve it quickly.

Have a good weekend and take care   :)

Sign in to follow this