Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Turbeen

Being pinked ... after my warning in advance

26 comments in this topic

[REBUS]
Players
270 posts
23,480 battles

I think there is a serious bug in the game ... concerning marking player by pink colour in the following situation during the battle:

As a DD, I have launched my torps towards opponent's BB.  My torps forced opponent's BB to move from camping position, and that opponent's BB has been eliminated by my teammates finally. Unfortunately ...

My torps have continued to swim towards 2 of my teammates partially. In this situation I have warned in chat the whole team that torps are in water. But one of our BB has done nothing. What's more it seemed that he continued to sail directly to my torps. Due to the behaviour of this our BB my torps hit him after long seconds, and I have been warned for team damage, and marked by pink colour. Sorry, but such a functionality of the game is totally wrong in my opinion and should be changed asap!

If the player warns all teammates about torps in water in advance, and some unskilled teammate does not take such information into account and is hit by one or more of these torps, the player who has launched torps should not be penalized by any means and should not be marked by pink colour.  WG, please, do something with it ... thx in advance !

• Funny 5
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 1

[NEXT]
Players
5,691 posts
11,581 battles

Mostly you are responsible for your torpedos. Unskilled or not, no players expect torpedos from own team mates and somtimes there is too much other stuff, that is distracting a player.

Also: who cares, it happens :D

• Cool 5

[CATS]
Players
29,635 posts
15,312 battles

That is not a bug. Period.

The system works that way.

Teammates have other issue than looking out for their teammates attacks. Evading attacks from teammates can mean getting sunk by the enemy. Do not force teammates to make moves that are bad for them.

Your torps are your responsibility. Accept that!

• Cool 9

[POP]
Players
663 posts
13,029 battles
7 minutes ago, Turbeen said:

My torps have continued to swim towards 2 of my teammates partially. In this situation I have warned in chat the whole team that torps are in water.

You need to have more map awareness. Glue your eyes to the minimap.

Your torps, your responsibility.

[NWP]
Players
1,434 posts
12,219 battles

OK this has an easy answer: "your torps your pink"

in other words "you launch them you get pink if they hit your teammates".

and let me correct your statements  please 

As a DD, I have launched my torps

Due to me launching torps from the second line  the behaviour of this our BB my torps hit him after long seconds

this is the correct reading

9 minutes ago, Turbeen said:

and some unskilled teammate

the only one that is unskilled in the story you describe is the DD that launched torps from the second line.

Enjoy your pink and watch out when you torp. DONT hit the green ships, the bad guys are the red ships.

• Cool 2

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
20,052 battles

You realise that lots of people have turned off Chat due to the general tone of the use of it. 

Therefore telling chat doesn't do much. It certainly doesn't alert people to check chat if it is still turned on. 

Slightly better is to use the 'Get Back' aimed at the ship in question. That does at least alert to the chat message. 

Anyway, you launched the torpedoes in a direction that meant that it was possible to hit a friendly. You are responsible for the consequences.

It doesn't make any difference if you needed a crystal ball to see that your allies were going to do something that stupid. It is still your responsibility. Nobody else. 

• Cool 2

[NECRO]
Players
2,421 posts
Vor 9 Minuten, Cambera_1 sagte:

Slightly better is to use the 'Get Back' aimed at the ship in question. That does at least alert to the chat message. 

Slightly! But a) a lot of "players" start spamming that key right at the start of  the game (oh, look, we have funny command keys, we need to try them all!), and b) a lot of "players" think you want to deprieve them of their kills and not warn them off switching of their tunnel vision.

Second line torping is not the only reason for TK, though. In a full-scale melee with half a dozen circling ships, there ARE no lines, and what else but launching its torps can a DD possibly do if it isn't a superb gunboat? If cruisers and even battleships join the happy dogfight, crap happens. And the DD is as likely to catch shells from trigger-happy cruisers and battleships, as those might enthusiastically sail into a stray torp. Gets really funny if a battleships blows up a ship that was about to sail into a torp spread, stopping the carcass dead in its tracks, and thereby causing that torps to cross the target's bow and hit the battleship that destroyed it. I blame that kill-stealing battleship! :Smile_veryhappy:

[IDDQD]
[IDDQD]
Players
479 posts
12,077 battles
Před 25 minutami Turbeen řekl/a:

What's more it seemed that he continued to sail directly to my torps.

That may happen. But you should not send your torps in the direction, where your teammates are.

Před 26 minutami Turbeen řekl/a:

player who has launched torps should not be penalized by any means and should not be marked by pink colour.

Pink is not a penalty. It´s a colour. :Smile_teethhappy: And being pink tells you to be more careful.

BTW such topics like this one are very common here. Find some older and read answers there. No need to begin new one.

Take care and be careful. :Smile_honoring:

[SNUBS]
Players
95 posts

Never torp when friendlies are either behind or to the sides of where your torps might possibly end up...
People's situational awareness in this game is utterly abysmal, I swear most people sail around in aiming mode given how many people end up crashing into me, other friendly ships or islands... That and people seem to love to sail into your torps just to troll you.

• Cool 1

[AMOK]
Players
1,966 posts
8,688 battles

So much games played, so little knowledge .....sigh.

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,126 posts
14,348 battles
40 minutes ago, Turbeen said:

If the player warns all teammates about torps in water in advance, and some unskilled teammate does not take such information into account and is hit by one or more of these torps, the player who has launched torps should not be penalized by any means and should not be marked by pink colour.  WG, please, do something with it ... thx in advance !

The only unskilled team mate on show here is the one who fired torps into the direction where friendly ships were or were going to be.

As others have posted - your torps your responsibility - tale responsibility for your own actions and don't blame others.

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
20,052 battles
19 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Second line torping is not the only reason for TK, though. In a full-scale melee with half a dozen circling ships, there ARE no lines, and what else but launching its torps can a DD possibly do if it isn't a superb gunboat? If cruisers and even battleships join the happy dogfight, crap happens. And the DD is as likely to catch shells from trigger-happy cruisers and battleships, as those might enthusiastically sail into a stray torp. Gets really funny if a battleships blows up a ship that was about to sail into a torp spread, stopping the carcass dead in its tracks, and thereby causing that torps to cross the target's bow and hit the battleship that destroyed it. I blame that kill-stealing battleship! :Smile_veryhappy:

If there is not a clear shot, don't take it. Simples. 

If there is nothing else that a DD can do, but it's not a clear shot, don't take it,

Else accept the consequences.

Team kill damage is never funny , whether a Torpedo or a Salvo of 6" shells from a trigger happy Cruiser. Team kill damage can lose matches. 

Full stop.

I am glad that this is just a game and the consequence is just turning Pink as a warning. Otherwise the amount of blue on blue would be frightening. :etc_hide_turtle:

Players
705 posts
2,099 battles

Not defending the original poster as your torpedoes your responsibility,

but; 

maybe the torpedo warning should be more along the line of "you're about to be sunk move your fat posterior before you get sunk!" in a over hyper anime school girl voice...... :Smile_teethhappy:

with a 'Baka' for every torpedo hit....

:Smile_trollface:

:cap_popcorn:

[NECRO]
Players
2,421 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Cambera_1 sagte:

If there is not a clear shot, don't take it. Simples. 

If there is nothing else that a DD can do, but it's not a clear shot, don't take it,

Else accept the consequences.

Team kill damage is never funny , whether a Torpedo or a Salvo of 6" shells from a trigger happy Cruiser. Team kill damage can lose matches. 

Full stop.

I am glad that this is just a game and the consequence is just turning Pink as a warning. Otherwise the amount of blue on blue would be frightening. :etc_hide_turtle:

I am playing coop. TK is common. Of course there are players who launch torps with reckless abandon, saturating the ocean even there is no target visible or in range, but generally TK happens because of minor negligence or unexpected moves. If victory in coop is forfeit due to TK, the players were just plain bad in the first place - TK can barely endanger a win in coop. Not that a loss in coop would be of any consequence, at least to me.

[NECRO]
Players
2,421 posts
Vor 30 Minuten, Molly_Delaney sagte:

Not defending the original poster as your torpedoes your responsibility,

but; 

maybe the torpedo warning should be more along the line of "you're about to be sunk move your fat posterior before you get sunk!" in a over hyper anime school girl voice...... :Smile_teethhappy:

with a 'Baka' for every torpedo hit....

:Smile_trollface:

:cap_popcorn:

Yes, I would like something along the line of "Player XY, I suggest you reduce your speed or alter your course, because you are heading into the path of impending tube-launched  doom.". Or "Do not turn port/starboard; torpedoes passing you there."

• Cool 1

[FIFO]
Beta Tester
119 posts
12,613 battles
1 hour ago, Turbeen said:

I think there is a serious bug in the game ... concerning marking player by pink colour in the following situation during the battle:

As a DD, I have launched my torps towards opponent's BB.  My torps forced opponent's BB to move from camping position, and that opponent's BB has been eliminated by my teammates finally. Unfortunately ...

My torps have continued to swim towards 2 of my teammates partially. In this situation I have warned in chat the whole team that torps are in water. But one of our BB has done nothing. What's more it seemed that he continued to sail directly to my torps. Due to the behaviour of this our BB my torps hit him after long seconds, and I have been warned for team damage, and marked by pink colour. Sorry, but such a functionality of the game is totally wrong in my opinion and should be changed asap!

20,000 battles and you post this? 

Never, ever:

1. Fire torps from BEHIND your own team.
  2. Fire torps to a place where your SLOW-MOVING allied ships could sail into.
  3. Post on the forum WHINING about your own surprising level of incompetence after so many battles.

Your torps are your responsibility and your team is quite understandably looking towards the enemy, not at their allies behind them where a DD is inexplicably camping and danger-firing.

• Cool 2

[CLADS]
Players
226 posts
5,622 battles

Don't make it an habit and it is all good, being pink once in a blue moon is no great tragedy.

Also while you generally shouldn't torp with any friendlies near the line of fire, there can be some fairly specific late game scenarios where it is an acceptable risk to take to avoid losing a match. Also definitely do type warning in chat in such situation, some don't read it but some do, I myself was saved by such warning just a few days ago.

• Cool 1

Players
3,037 posts

You see target that is sinkable fire away. Don't bother wit teamates or whatever, just kill enemy. I have fired torps to kill ships knowing that one will hit and the others will go on teamate. Didn't even blink. No hesitation. You get in the way, you will get torped along the enemy. Kill red ships is first priority. Ofc you must accept responsibility for friendly dmg. It is in the game.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,141 posts
11,207 battles

Imagine being that person.
Just imagine the level of pure narcissism.

"Hey your honor, I shot my submachine gun in full auto at the car thief and killed him. I knew there was civilians behind me and killed them all too, but hey, I said duck, so it's all on them. Why am I getting life in prison?"

• Cool 2

[NECRO]
Players
2,421 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Exocet6951 sagte:

"Hey your honor, I shot my submachine gun in full auto at the car thief and killed him. I knew there was civilians behind me and killed them all too, but hey, I said duck, so it's all on them. Why am I getting life in prison?"

I can picture a lot of countries where you would not even be brought to court for this, let alone sent to prison.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
190 posts
5 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Where I live this wouldn't even be a trial. Or prison, just go straight to the death sentence.

[NECRO]
Players
2,421 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, LazyVegetable sagte:

Where I live this wouldn't even be a trial. Or prison, just go straight to the death sentence.

I think I need to look very hard to find any punishment dealt to military forces or irregulars (like Blackwater) who intentionally, casually or negligently killed civilians. Drone strikes included. Blue-on-blue cases included. And there are countries where you may kill people if you are "defending your property", as it seems. So, as long as you can make up any reason why you had to shoot, it does not really matter what you actually hit. Kind of sad, but why should such problems be handled more harshly in a game than in real life?

[CATS]
Players
29,635 posts
15,312 battles
1 minute ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

I think I need to look very hard to find any punishment dealt to military forces or irregulars (like Blackwater) who intentionally, casually or negligently killed civilians. Drone strikes included. Blue-on-blue cases included. And there are countries where you may kill people if you are "defending your property", as it seems. So, as long as you can make up any reason why you had to shoot, it does not really matter what you actually hit. Kind of sad, but why should such problems be handled more harshly in a game than in real life?

Getting pink - more harshly than in real life? Are you for real?

• Funny 1