Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Apophisos

What the f@@@ is wrong with M.M

54 comments in this topic

[N0RSE]
Players
46 posts
16,527 battles

This situation is almost every game, either roll or get steamrolled.

image.thumb.png.6813ba715cff31450fee712edb17c727.pngimage.thumb.png.ee27bc37cb90f5add5b504d27ff25878.png

• Cool 4

[N0RSE]
Players
46 posts
16,527 battles
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Has nothing to do with the MM and more with the players.

After they "fixed" MM this has been more frequent, by far. It has everything to do with MM.

[CATS]
Players
29,647 posts
15,312 battles
Just now, Apophisos said:

After they "fixed" MM this has been more frequent, by far. It has everything to do with MM.

The MM was not changed in that regard. MM ignores personal skill since 2015 (probably longer).

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

Is MM the problem or is it more the fact that probably half the team has around 1-2000 battles between them and has no notion of the basic mechanics of the game. Like armour, angling, concealment mechanics, what a citadel is and torpedo ranges.

• Cool 1

Players
314 posts
15,548 battles

As usual, every other game have permanent casual mode and competetive, so bobs can play with bobs and skill with skill only here we are equal even when im 4 years old players in North Carolina and random kiddo who buyed his Alabama yesterday and today its matched against me. Atleast they should separate all players into two groups for MM, one where 50% wr and less and others where 50% and more. So we all can have fun.

Players
3,543 posts
20,662 battles
17 minutes ago, Apophisos said:

That doesn't mean there is unambiguous causality. I am with Mr. Pete for a change, the number of crap players increased dramaitcally.

• Cool 3

[CHEFT]
Players
12,226 posts
9,841 battles
2 minutes ago, Yamato942 said:

Atleast they should separate all players into two groups for MM, one where 50% wr and less and others where 50% and more

You do understand that this is literally impossible to work atleast in the longer run? Everyone would be drawn to 50% at some point.

• Cool 3

Players
314 posts
15,548 battles
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

You do understand that this is literally impossible to work atleast in the longer run? Everyone would be drawn to 50% at some point.

Nope. not true, i didnt said make skilled MM at same win rate of all players on both side. Just make a simple split of two groups. And btw this game is already riged so everone have around 50% wr. I mean find me players that have solo WR of less then 35% and better then 70%. There is none you know that and dont tell me there is not that good players or that bad. Ranked is skilled MM and again we see not all 50%wr.

Modder
5,213 posts
23,484 battles

People are playing for fun, so final results are fun too.

1. If somebody is interested to play better, he will be doing ok, having not so much battles. Others not so much interested, they play still nothing after a many thousends (which is seen in that particular battle).

2. I know players which have such obsolete PC, then they load about 1-2 minutes after a game start, having a crash every few battles. And they don't care about it.

In the end, it's only a game, not a race for something, so random matches are not about real competition.

re: @Yamato942

there are such ex. here with 7 k battles solo. He played mostly X tier CV ...

image.thumb.png.7f80fde58e2588dc8522621f28aa934f.png

image.thumb.png.a48ac98dc37bdeff6c22049c5793aebd.png

• Funny 1

[MORIA]
Players
586 posts
7,912 battles
2 minutes ago, Yamato942 said:

Nope. not true, i didnt said make skilled MM at same win rate of all players on both side. Just make a simple split of two groups. And btw this game is already riged so everone have around 50% wr. I mean find me players that have solo WR of less then 35% and better then 70%. There is none you know that and dont tell me there is not that good players or that bad.

I cant belive how many times this have to be answered, do you really belive that yourself with far above average dmg, and likewise winrate is rigged? Cant you see its just you being above the average player in terms of skill? Or are you just lucky in your 10k battles?

Players
314 posts
15,548 battles
4 minutes ago, WarburtonLee said:

I cant belive how many times this have to be answered, do you really belive that yourself with far above average dmg, and likewise winrate is rigged? Cant you see its just you being above the average player in terms of skill? Or are you just lucky in your 10k battles?

Tell me then how players that rush first and die in first 2 min every game for 15k battles have 40%wr? Beacuse team carry for him and he never learn anything. But he still win 4 out of 10 and thats not fair to players who do over 150k every match and have only 60%wr  and win 6 out of 10 beacuse of the first one beacuse MM put him in his team to carry his lazy [edited]who dont want to learn anything about game.

[MORIA]
Players
586 posts
7,912 battles
Just now, Yamato942 said:

Tell me then how players that rush first and die in first 2 min every game for 15k battles have 40%wr? Beacuse team carry for him and he never learn anything. But he still win 4 out of 10 and thats not fair who players who do over 150k every match and have only 60%wr  and win 6 out of 10 beacuse of the first one beacuse MM put him in his team to carry his lazy [edited]who dont want to learn anything about game.

That is very easy to explain, this is not a 1vs1 game? How hard can it be to get that? If you die or do great, there are still a team left who will do average

• Cool 1

Players
314 posts
15,548 battles
Just now, WarburtonLee said:

That is very easy to explain, this is not a 1vs1 game? How hard can it be to get that? If you die or do great, there are still a team left who will do average

Yes but its should be game where 12vs12 of players but if one team get division of super unicums and others get bobs of 3 bbs who all go together to border is not 12vs 12 its 12vs 27 beacuse that unicums and that potatos cant be look as pure numbers, 12vs 12 is only when all 24 have brain.

[MORIA]
Players
586 posts
7,912 battles

Yes but its should be game where 12vs12 of players but if one team get division of super unicums and others get bobs of 3 bbs who all go together to border is not 12vs 12 its 12vs 27 beacuse that unicums and that potatos cant be look as pure numbers, 12vs 12 is only when all 24 have brain.

But, what im trying to say to you, you dont want all players to have a brain, why would you want 50% winrate? Everyone would get that, if we rig the MM

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
29,647 posts
15,312 battles
13 minutes ago, Yamato942 said:

Nope. not true, i didnt said make skilled MM at same win rate of all players on both side. Just make a simple split of two groups. And btw this game is already riged so everone have around 50% wr. I mean find me players that have solo WR of less then 35% and better then 70%. There is none you know that and dont tell me there is not that good players or that bad. Ranked is skilled MM and again we see not all 50%wr.

Solo 70%+:

https://wows-numbers.com/player/542960524,OceanKiss/

https://wows-numbers.com/player/501957113,Mantykor/?type=solo

Solo 35%-:

https://wows-numbers.com/player/517317788,Rit_2014/?type=solo

And there are more, but I do not have access to millions of player accounts.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,226 posts
9,841 battles
7 minutes ago, Yamato942 said:

And btw this game is already riged so everone have around 50% wr. I mean find me players that have solo WR of less then 35% and better then 70%. There is none you know that and dont tell me there is not that good players or that bad.

Because its impossible to go below/above a certain threshold? Even if you would be AFK in every game, you wouldnt lose every game, simply because you are only 1 in 12.

Fair? Probably not, ive said myself multiple times, those people deserve 0% WR, but thats impossible.

10 minutes ago, Yamato942 said:

and thats not fair to players who do over 150k every match and have only 60%wr  and win 6 out of 10 beacuse of the first one beacuse MM put him in his team to carry his lazy [edited]who dont want to learn anything about game. 

Then play 3x division and get 80% WR. I wouldnt call it fair, if a single person or even a division of 3 could reach 100% WR.

• Cool 1

Players
314 posts
15,548 battles

I mean even if they implement completly skilled MM and we all have 50%  wr is that bad? Im be glad to have 50%wr and fun in every match which will last for 15-20min with a lot of twist, tactics, smoking each other, team work in general. KOTS are similiar skilled players but is it boring play? No its fun. I want to have fun in every match with skilled MM. Win or lost its not matter as long as i have fun and with this matchs that last for 6-7-8min i dont have fun at all, scores 12:2 and such cant be fun even when you win in that.

[MORIA]
Players
586 posts
7,912 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

CV players though, even i think i did that without checking :P

[MORIA]
Players
586 posts
7,912 battles
6 minutes ago, Yamato942 said:

I mean even if they implement completly skilled MM and we all have 50%  wr are that bad. Im be glad to have 50%wr and fun in every match which will last for 15-20min with a lot of twist, tactics, smoking each other, team work in general. KOTS are similiar skilled players but is it boring play? No its fun. I want to have fun in every match with skilled MM. Win or lost its not matter as long as i have fun and with this matchs that last for 6-7-8min i dont have fun at all, win or lost.

There is a problem with that, atleast for me. I dont want to meet myself on the enemy team, then i might aswell roll a dice. And the better you get, and the more nice tactics you do, the enemy will aswell, thats the problem

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,226 posts
9,841 battles
3 minutes ago, Yamato942 said:

I mean even if they implement completly skilled MM and we all have 50%  wr are that bad. Im be glad to have 50%wr and fun in every match which will last for 15-20min with a lot of twist, tactics, smoking each other, team work in general. KOTS are similiar skilled players but is it boring play? No its fun. I want to have fun in every match with skilled MM. Win or lost its not matter as long as i have fun and with this matchs that last for 6-7-8min i dont have fun at all, win or lost. 

While i agree with matches being totaly unfun when they end in 5-8 minutes because 1 team facerolls the other, the problem is, that ships/classes are not entire balanced right now. Imagine being in the good player group, and every time you get CVs, they are played by @El2aZeR or close to that. Those games would probably be horrible.

Also id say, you will be put under pressure even more, playing strong/borderline OP ships to compete with the rest. Stalingrad in current CB season anyone?

Players
314 posts
15,548 battles
Just now, WarburtonLee said:

There is a problem with that, atleast for me. I dont want to meet myselft on the enemy team, then i might aswell roll a dice. And the better you get, and the more nice tactics tou do, the enemy will aswell, thats the problem

No thats not the problem, thats solution, you improve your play in competetive matches like ranked and cw  where you play with similiar skill players. If its only fun to play against worse players i can play coop. It doesnt make you feel better when win against real players when that players is worse skill then bots in coop.

[MORIA]
Players
586 posts
7,912 battles

No thats not the problem, thats solution, you improve your play in competetive matches like ranked and cw  where you play with similiar skill players. If its only fun to play against worse players i can play coop. It doesnt make you feel better when win against real players when that players is worse skill then bots in coop.

Its not about only playing against worse players, its about playing against all players, and get a feeling that you are getting better somehow by winning more

• Cool 1