Jump to content
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Winners – Discord Emoji Contest

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[CAPT]
Players
508 posts
12,781 battles

We already have the Forum (which WG constantly ignores) - this is a waste of resources that could be used to improve the game. (And don't say other folks do that, change what they are doing or replace them.):cap_horn:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,168 posts

Nooo Thank You, I'm going to pass on this Methinks, After all you can have to much of a good thing as they say :cap_fainting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
64 posts
5,072 battles
18 minutes ago, 300ConfirmedKills said:

Just get "An unexpected error occurred uploading a file" when trying to upload.

I got that when I tried to use Firefox. It worked OK through Edge though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
WG Staff
6,139 posts
4,486 battles
17 hours ago, 300ConfirmedKills said:

Just get "An unexpected error occurred uploading a file" when trying to upload.

Can I ask, if the problem is still ongoing? Are you trying directly on gleam landing page or through portal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
552 posts
17,415 battles

Yes, the problem is persistent on Firefox. I was trying to use the interface on the WoWs portal article. As with SirDixie, I was able to upload successfully using Edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Staff
3,417 posts
15,215 battles
On 4/22/2020 at 4:13 PM, 300ConfirmedKills said:

Yes, the problem is persistent on Firefox. I was trying to use the interface on the WoWs portal article. As with SirDixie, I was able to upload successfully using Edge.

Yeah we checked in our side, it seems to be a Firefox issue - using Chrome or Edge should fix it. We'll investigate how we can fix that for the future. Thanks for reporting it.

 

On 4/21/2020 at 4:51 PM, DarthDon49 said:

We already have the Forum (which WG constantly ignores) - this is a waste of resources that could be used to improve the game. (And don't say other folks do that, change what they are doing or replace them.):cap_horn:

This Discord has absolutely nothing to do with game development in terms of resources, it's a more modern tool than forums to communicate - up to you to use it or not.

 

Have a nice weekend, Crysantos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAPT]
Players
508 posts
12,781 battles
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

Yeah we checked in our side, it seems to be a Firefox issue - using Chrome or Edge should fix it. We'll investigate how we can fix that for the future. Thanks for reporting it.

 

This Discord has absolutely nothing to do with game development in terms of resources, it's a more modern tool than forums to communicate - up to you to use it or not.

 

Have a nice weekend, Crysantos

Way to ignore my point - get rid of (or reassign), the folks wasting WG's resources on things like Twitter and Discord. Try reading, for a change!!:cap_horn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Staff
3,417 posts
15,215 battles
8 minutes ago, DarthDon49 said:

Way to ignore my point - get rid of (or reassign), the folks wasting WG's resources on things like Twitter and Discord. Try reading, for a change!!:cap_horn:

First of all - you posted here completely offtopic in a contest announcement thread, just to pour your salt in here. Secondly, this is not how it works - a Community Manager can't just go and "fix the game" - we're not game designers, software developers, 3D artists or whatever. We provide daily input for our devs on various topics to improve the game, whether you believe it or not. Communication is important to us, this is why we run forums, SM channels, a Discord and so on. Maybe you don't appreciate it, but others do.

 

So please, stay constructive.

 

Crysantos

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ARGUS]
Players
3,687 posts
8,545 battles

Should the emoji(s) better be 100 x 100px big (not more or much less), as the examples are?

 

:Smile_honoring: Blaubeeren

 

Edit: Found it

Submission size is 128x128 pixels and cannot exceed 256kb (but keep in mind that they'll be resized to 32x32).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAPT]
Players
508 posts
12,781 battles
On 4/24/2020 at 12:33 PM, Crysantos said:

First of all - you posted here completely offtopic in a contest announcement thread, just to pour your salt in here. Secondly, this is not how it works - a Community Manager can't just go and "fix the game" - we're not game designers, software developers, 3D artists or whatever. We provide daily input for our devs on various topics to improve the game, whether you believe it or not. Communication is important to us, this is why we run forums, SM channels, a Discord and so on. Maybe you don't appreciate it, but others do.

 

So please, stay constructive.

 

Crysantos

You started your comment with an error - running something like Discord takes company resources. That I disagree with that use of resources is not off topic.

 

Duplication (having both Discord and a Forum), is (unless WG is making money from it), a poor use of resources.

 

As for my not appreciating Discord while others do, that's fine, I'm STILL entitled to my opinion. Sharing it IS constructive.

 

So take your own advice, stay constructive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×