Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
xBamBamx

2 carrier issues that need to be addressed ASAP

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
295 posts
65 battles

1 - when selecting squadron and pressing space bar to centre - the screen centres over different plane than selected, often friendly squadron if 2 CV, sometimes on spotting planes!!

2 - As much as i love the IJN CV the US has massive issue with the match maker.  When US CV (obvious to have a fighter load out due to the rebalance) enemy has NO CV!!!! this has happened to me 4 times over 2 days, what do i do? all i can do is spot with fighters and use Dive Bombers (admittedly ive killed a few enemy on low HP but its like kill stealing) this becomes the most BORING game ive played, very frustrating when you cant make a difference and 80% of time spent doing absolutely nothing.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

1 - when selecting squadron and pressing space bar to centre - the screen centres over different plane than selected, often friendly squadron if 2 CV, sometimes on spotting planes!!

2 - As much as i love the IJN CV the US has massive issue with the match maker.  When US CV (obvious to have a fighter load out due to the rebalance) enemy has NO CV!!!! this has happened to me 4 times over 2 days, what do i do? all i can do is spot with fighters and use Dive Bombers (admittedly ive killed a few enemy on low HP but its like kill stealing) this becomes the most BORING game ive played, very frustrating when you cant make a difference and 80% of time spent doing absolutely nothing.

Still better then pre 3.1 where, with a fighter setup US CV, all you could do was a) hunt scout planes and b) try to interrupt the cap with your single DB squadron, wich...most of the time...missed ;)

So, at least now, with the reworked flight modules, you CAN have an impact, even when there is no enemy CV in the game. Whats more of a bugger to me is the Matchmaking itself, putting for example 2 US CVs vs 2 IJN CVs, outcome is always the same, thanks to the fighters, the US CVs win the games for their team in that term

Beta Tester
30 posts
1,511 battles

Still better then pre 3.1 where, with a fighter setup US CV, all you could do was a) hunt scout planes and b) try to interrupt the cap with your single DB squadron, wich...most of the time...missed ;)

So, at least now, with the reworked flight modules, you CAN have an impact, even when there is no enemy CV in the game. Whats more of a bugger to me is the Matchmaking itself, putting for example 2 US CVs vs 2 IJN CVs, outcome is always the same, thanks to the fighters, the US CVs win the games for their team in that term

Except that pre 3.1 (which i believe is Storm over Pacific?) You actually had a flight control modification with 2-3 torpedo bombers and was not forced to play with planes that throw dust into enemy captain's eyes.
Edited by Silverwing373

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

Except that pre 3.1 (which i believe is Storm over Pacific?) You actually had a flight control modification with 2-3 torpedo bombers and was not forced to play with planes that throw dust into enemy captain's eyes.

If i am right (have to look up 3.1 settings (wich IS storm over pacific) you still have Torpedo bomber setups. You were limitied to either 1, or with lady lex at most 2 fighters and 2 torp bombers,otherwise it was like 1 fighter, 2-3 Torp bombers with those setups. Until then, 1 fighter squad was the most you had. With a fighter setup, you ALWAYS had, 1! DB squad not more, not less, wich averaged ~400 dmg, IF they even managed to hit something. So, you were even more forced to "throw dust into enemy captains eye´s" :honoring:

And tbh, as it seems, DB got a slight buff, so they are now somewhat usefull (maybe due to changes of HE mechanics)

Edited by Smi2k

Weekend Tester
10 posts
5 battles

Been having issues with the spacebar with Honsho and Bogue too. A new one which happened earlier was... sent torp sqn into attack and instead they turned tail and flew off the map. 

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

Let me guess, your ship was boarder hugging? in that case, stay away from the boarders :teethhappy:

[_GG_]
Weekend Tester
261 posts
2,309 battles

Problems with space bar also. yesterday the space bar focused randomly on friendly BB launched recon aircraft, friendly but not my torpedo bombers, and once it even locked onto a squadron of enemy fighters but never to my selected squadron.

Beta Tester
1,160 posts
377 battles

If i am right (have to look up 3.1 settings (wich IS storm over pacific) you still have Torpedo bomber setups. You were limitied to either 1, or with lady lex at most 2 fighters and 2 torp bombers,otherwise it was like 1 fighter, 2-3 Torp bombers with those setups. Until then, 1 fighter squad was the most you had. With a fighter setup, you ALWAYS had, 1! DB squad not more, not less, wich averaged ~400 dmg, IF they even managed to hit something. So, you were even more forced to "throw dust into enemy captains eye´s" :honoring:

And tbh, as it seems, DB got a slight buff, so they are now somewhat usefull (maybe due to changes of HE mechanics)

Before this patch, using the fighter oriented deck was just other option that very few ppl used. But now WG is forcing USN CVs into air domination role and then puts them into battles with no enemy CVs (out of 5 games played yesterday, 3 of them were without enemy CV, oh the fun). That makes no sense.
Edited by DtXpwnz

Beta Tester
79 posts
2 battles

Before this patch, using the fighter oriented deck was just other option that very few ppl used. But now WG is forcing USN CVs into air domination role and then puts them into battles with no enemy CVs (out of 5 games played yesterday, 3 of them were without enemy CV, oh the fun). That makes no sense.

I was one of the few people who played air superiority even prior to patch, but after the patch I got first game with no enemy carriers. Not too fun, I agree. WG also should increase the XP from shot down enemy planes for carriers so that you could actually get decent XP from air superiority play. Or give fighters an optional bomb load so that you could at least do same damage on warships. (Which is historically accurate, although early carrier fighters were limited to small 50 kilogram(ish) bombs. In real life though a 50 kg bomb could do significant damage to destroyers).

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
75 posts
3,173 battles

It seems approperiate to add that when playing a CA, their role is deminished a lot when there is no enemy air to shoot down.

Edited by Pegasus2022

[PRAVD]
Community Contributor
1,828 posts
7,180 battles

Even if they do have an enemy CV - what do you do? At best you make them a bit weaker, but you're playing catchup. There is no way for you to be more useful to your team than an enemy carrier with an air superiority loaded setup, because they'll be hitting ships and you'll be trying to stop them. I have yet to see someone without huge tier disparity stop another carrier completely without killing them. The bombers still get in and kill a ship or two. All you really are doing is annoying the other carrier and providing some protection to your team, however, you're still taking a ship slot just as their carrier, who still ends up being more useful.

The contribution for an AA focused CV can only exceed bombers if you are alone vs two bombers and fight them off. Otherwise you will always at best equalize your contribution to theirs.

[HF_30]
Beta Tester
193 posts
4,207 battles

Even if they do have an enemy CV - what do you do? At best you make them a bit weaker, but you're playing catchup. There is no way for you to be more useful to your team than an enemy carrier with an air superiority loaded setup, because they'll be hitting ships and you'll be trying to stop them. I have yet to see someone without huge tier disparity stop another carrier completely without killing them. The bombers still get in and kill a ship or two. All you really are doing is annoying the other carrier and providing some protection to your team, however, you're still taking a ship slot just as their carrier, who still ends up being more useful.

The contribution for an AA focused CV can only exceed bombers if you are alone vs two bombers and fight them off. Otherwise you will always at best equalize your contribution to theirs.

I have and oddly enough it was in a JP CV vs an enemy US  CV he just picked the strike load out but my load out had 1 squad of fighters not sure i think we was both T6.

I was able to catch his first attack run and once he spotted my fighters pulled back and then around 2mins later raged as he watched my 2 TB and DB squads attack his team why he was to busy hiding at his carrier to unable to send any thing out or lose it to my fighters. I get why he raged and left would be annoying to see you have no real choice since USN CV have so few back up planes he could not afford to trade attack runs with my fighters since he would run out before been able to sink any one.

Sign in to follow this