Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Inappropriate_noob

Dispersion values on dakka dakka ships...

14 comments in this topic

Players
3,528 posts

Is there a magic way to make them more accurate, in the way of modules, captain skills etc, and I am talking from the Atlanta upwards right up to the mighty Smolenski, the are easy to play so I am told, well in co op I am not having fun whatsoever in any dakka dakka ship, just how do you get these magic damage numbers when only a small percentage of shots hit any given target.

[CATS]
Players
29,639 posts
15,312 battles

These ships are accurate, you aim might not be.

Otherwise there is the third slot gun upgrade, but the effect is small, especially with accurate guns.

• Cool 2

Players
10,325 posts
12,044 battles
11 minutes ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Is there a magic way to make them more accurate, in the way of modules, captain skills etc, and I am talking from the Atlanta upwards right up to the mighty Smolenski, the are easy to play so I am told, well in co op I am not having fun whatsoever in any dakka dakka ship, just how do you get these magic damage numbers when only a small percentage of shots hit any given target.

The more accurate guns are, the bigger chance of shoving entire salvo into water if your aim is off:cap_tea:

• Cool 2

Players
2,688 posts
11,390 battles

It's your aim, the arc and the target. The dakka dakka ships usually have abit of a floaty arc, so you have to lead well.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

Atlanta, Smolensk, Colbert and other such cruisers with DD guns typically have the DD dispersion formula that makes them more accurate than most cruisers.

• Cool 2

Players
3,528 posts
30 minutes ago, pra3y said:

It's your aim, the arc and the target. The dakka dakka ships usually have abit of a floaty arc, so you have to lead well.

Yeah I am sort of getting that and working on the lead, but in the Atlanta's case I am having real bad time, maybe it is the 13.3 km range, not sure if that is the max for the ship, I'm sure I got it higher once, just cannot remember how or even if I did, it feels a bit to fragile to be getting in close.

Edit: Apparently 13.3 is the max range, oh well more fun 'cough cough in co op

Players
2,688 posts
11,390 battles
11 minutes ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Yeah I am sort of getting that and working on the lead, but in the Atlanta's case I am having real bad time, maybe it is the 13.3 km range, not sure if that is the max for the ship, I'm sure I got it higher once, just cannot remember how or even if I did, it feels a bit to fragile to be getting in close.

I think that's the max range for it. Base range is 11.1km. So with AFT, which is the only way to increase its range,13.32 is the max range.

I'm not really very use to it too tbh :Smile_veryhappy: Tried my open boat gun-boating but its pretty difficult with the range and what not. So I haven been playing it.

Players
7,517 posts
245 battles
17 minutes ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Also her shells are slow too so against ships chasing you she is strong like most american cruisers, but against kiting ships and defo fast kiting ships she will struggle to hit them nevermind reach them half the time.

• Cool 1

Players
10,325 posts
12,044 battles
51 minutes ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Atlanta issue isn't range or accuracy, but shell velocity - with over 10s of shell flight time anything short of beached BB will be able to maneuver just enough to minimize hits received or shells that would be aimed at superstructure would land on main armored belt, resulting in no effective damage.

• Cool 1

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

The shells are very floaty, hence why you are struggling to hit things at 13.3km range. It's a balancing feature of the Atlanta/Flint to give the opposition a chance to reduce the fire hitting them by manoeuvring. Otherwise they would be t7 Smolensks, easily and reliably hitting anything at even greater ranges with the enemy ships unable to get out of the fire and just melting.

[THESO]
Players
807 posts
3,873 battles

It's not always about "good dispersion, but bad aiming" that screws up your hits though.
When I read up on Nagato, people said it was "like a sniper, punishing bad aim and rewarding good aim".

Well my aim isn't too bad these days, but Nagato still screws me over a lot.

The reason for this is the retarded vertical dispersion, where a volley looks like it should land dead on, but the shells end up landing both in front and behind the ship at the same time.
Very frustrating stuff.

• Cool 1