Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
popstrong

torpedoes

31 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
914 battles

i just saw enemy fire 4 torpedoes and 2 sconds later 4 more..is that a cheat or not? i think i have to add this before people get offended...yes im fairly new to the game..and yes i shuold undertstand the game mechanics and so on..so before any one else..gets........over reading htis..im adding this line.. played tank and airplane before

enjoy the game all

• Cool 2

Players
3,037 posts
4 minutes ago, popstrong said:

i just saw enemy fire 4 torpedoes and 2 sconds later 4 more..is that a cheat or not?

torp reload booster consumable

PS: He won't be firing torps for a long time, very slow reload

[TS1]
Players
658 posts
8,162 battles
5 minutes ago, popstrong said:

i just saw enemy fire 4 torpedoes and 2 sconds later 4 more..is that a cheat or not?

Quite a few ships have more than one torpedo launcher. So they'd be perfectly capable of firing off two sets of four torpedoes.

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
17 minutes ago, popstrong said:

Any idea what ship the enemy was playing? What ship were you playing? There are multiple game mechanics that could explain that behaviour.

[CATS]
Players
29,639 posts
15,312 battles
51 minutes ago, popstrong said:

Small advice: Before you come to the forum and call "Cheat", please inform yourself.

Yes, you are new, but some common sense is expected.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[NECRO]
Players
2,421 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, popstrong sagte:

28,57 % WR? Who would have to resort to cheats fighting against you? :Smile_amazed:

Your "cheater" might have launched 4 torps per side, which is kind of normal on your tier (3), or have center mounted launchers. 8 launchers are not rare. Derzki has 10 tubes, you will kind of cry abuse when you first meet an Okhotnik.

• Bad 6

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles
1 hour ago, lossi_2018 said:

torp reload booster consumable

The Torpedo Reload Booster has a 5-second activation time, so 2 seconds is too fast for TRB to work.

29 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Small advice: Before you come to the forum and call "Cheat", please inform yourself.

Yes, you are new, but some common sense is expected.

Didn't call cheat. Asked if it was cheat. There's a difference. Please inform yourself of it.

There's nothing wrong with asking a question. That's one great way to inform yourself.

• Cool 3

[TS1]
Players
658 posts
8,162 battles
7 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

28,57 % WR? Who would have to resort to cheats fighting against you? :Smile_amazed:

Your "cheater" might have launched 4 torps per side, which is kind of normal on your tier (3), or have center mounted launchers. 8 launchers are not rare. Derzki has 10 tubes, you will kind of cry abuse when you first meet an Okhotnik.

You know, it's possible to respond to a newbie without stat shaming.

Also, with that few battles, winrate means very little.

• Cool 5

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles
6 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Are there any TRB at T3/T4? Not to my knowledge.

T7 has always been the lowest, I think. Shiratsuyu-class ships have it. Even when they tested the 30-second TRB out with the T7 Hatsuharu and the T9 Kagero. The gun version the French ships have is a tier or two lower, though.

[NECRO]
Players
2,421 posts
Gerade eben, Runegrem sagte:

You know, it's possible to respond to a newbie without stat shaming.

It has nothing to do with being new. If someone suspects cheating, the first thing I do is checking how competent that person is, and if his suspicion is more likely to be related to his limited competence than to being a victim of cheating.

• Boring 2

Players
2,463 posts
1 hour ago, popstrong said:

What ship are we talking here?

What tier?

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles
3 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

It has nothing to do with being new. If someone suspects cheating, the first thing I do is checking how competent that person is, and if his suspicion is more likely to be related to his limited competence than to being a victim of cheating.

If your first reaction is being an arse about it, I don't think people should listen to anything you say. That just means your primary intention is to insult, and not to inform.

• Cool 2

[TS1]
Players
658 posts
8,162 battles
3 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

So check it, then don't mention it.

[KAKE]
Players
2,785 posts
6,795 battles
19 minutes ago, popstrong said:

..is that a cheat or not?

The answer to that question in 99.99% of cases is "not".

[NECRO]
Players
2,421 posts
Gerade eben, AnotherDuck sagte:

If your first reaction is being a [edited] about it, I don't think people should listen to anything you say. That just means your primary intention is to insult, and not to inform.

Feel free to guess my presumed intention; roughly 90% of all people attempting that do guess wrong.

[CATS]
Players
29,639 posts
15,312 battles
11 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

Didn't call cheat. Asked if it was cheat. There's a difference. Please inform yourself of it.

The next time sombody asked you if you are an [edited], it is just a question, right? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Boring 1

Players
3,037 posts
13 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

The Torpedo Reload Booster has a 5-second activation time

You actually believe he got the time right?

Players
10,325 posts
12,044 battles
7 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

T7 has always been the lowest, I think. Shiratsuyu-class ships have it. Even when they tested the 30-second TRB out with the T7 Hatsuharu and the T9 Kagero. The gun version the French ships have is a tier or two lower, though.

T6 Monaghan with alternate hull have

shot-20-04-19-15-54-25-0171.jpg

• Cool 1

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The next time sombody asked you if you are an [edited], it is just a question, right? :Smile_teethhappy:

There's a difference between asking someone specific and asking in general. :Smile-_tongue:

4 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Feel free to guess my presumed intention; roughly 90% of all people attempting that do guess wrong.

Well, if you start with an insult, then whatever your intention is, the outcome and what people see is 90% correct.

2 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

You actually believe he got the time right?

Fair enough. One of my most memorable moments with the T7 Hatsuharu TRB was a Khaba complaining about how someone could reload in 20 seconds. I just corrected him with "30 s" and put on a:Smile_trollface:. Then he whined about what kind of idiot would ever use that consumable, and I said, "the kind of idiot that sank you". Cue more :Smile_trollface: from the rest of my team.

1 minute ago, Panocek said:

T6 Monaghan with alternate hull have

Good point. Rare premium ship with consumables a tier lower than the standard ships.

• Cool 2

Players
2,463 posts

Can't find TRB below Tier 7 IJN Gunboat line.... Shiratsuyu..

Torpedo boat side Kagero can use TRB at the cost of smoke...

I suspect that the OP has merely witnessed a player firing a salvo then firing another from a different position...

The OP is new, he may not understand that a DD doesn't have to fire their torpedoes in one go...

I also don't have a problem with the OP asking a question... we were all new to the game once and some players don't have the benefit of friends who play.

I think we're all better for the help of others so don't be too harsh with a new player; we are better than that aren't we?

• Cool 3

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,596 posts
11,364 battles

Guys, he has 109 battles. I would think that T4 is the top. So he is new and would like to learn.

Sure he did not choose his words wisely but let's be welcoming.

(I know, said by me... I am trying to change for the better, okay?)

• Cool 6

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

Alright folks, tone down your personal discussions about whom to listen to and whom not. We have apparently a rather new player here, so don't fall off into trolling.

• Cool 1