Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NanoTechi

Armory Containers, worth it or not?

16 comments in this topic

Players
9 posts
3,006 battles

As the title asks, are the Containers in the Armory worth buying or not?

Sorry didn't explain,   with coal.

Players
3,037 posts
8 minutes ago, dunstbob said:

As the title asks, are the Containers in the Armory worth buying or not?

which containers? can you give a bit more info? :)

Players
9 posts
3,006 battles
32 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

which containers? can you give a bit more info? :)

all containers, I forget what is in them?

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles

Viva la France gives you french Captain with improved skills. You can check on wiki what collection has what reward. And it's up to you, if it's worth the coal. You need probably 50+ containers to finish one collection. 50000 coal for captain may be reasonable.

Players
896 posts
6,058 battles
55 minutes ago, Perekotypole said:

Viva la France gives you french Captain with improved skills. You can check on wiki what collection has what reward. And it's up to you, if it's worth the coal. You need probably 50+ containers to finish one collection. 50000 coal for captain may be reasonable.

Depends on the size of the collection, but could well be much less. The Dunkirk collection gives you one of the British special captains.

Look up on the internet what each collection provides you with, and decide from there. Worst case scenario, buy one container from each collection, and then have a look. Mind you , a number of them, you can 'enable' collecting the items, which means that you can get an item of that collection with the Resource Containers you can earn with XP each day; not every container, but regularly. So that offers you the opportunity to complete that collection with the investment of only a single crate (to get the collection started).

The decision is all yours.

• Cool 1

Players
1,154 posts
5,790 battles

The russian collection is worth it in some parts if you only need a few duplicates for super containers. Buy in small quantity though since you don't want to waste coal. Also, check if you would rather have a ship. Got Salem and love her to death. 

• Cool 1

Players
9 posts
3,006 battles

I have nearly all the collections, that's not what is asked, all the containers are still in the armory, what I want to know, is it worth buying them, not for the collections, but for the contents

Players
896 posts
6,058 battles
37 minutes ago, dunstbob said:

I have nearly all the collections, that's not what is asked, all the containers are still in the armory, what I want to know, is it worth buying them, not for the collections, but for the contents

I would say only if you have coal to spare... personally I would rather hold on for (new) armory coal ships.... the steel ships that were taken out allegedly will be back for coal at some point.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,223 posts
9,841 battles
44 minutes ago, dunstbob said:

No.

Players
2,054 posts
8,570 battles

image.thumb.png.651c919a60bda29de56f2825faf84cfd.png

The last 3 only needs one crate for 1000 coal to start the collection, and the rest comes with daily containers (i.e. subscription), so they worth it.

Dunkirk and Vive La France gives 10 point commanders. with special perks (similarly to the 35000 coal commanders from the armory). Some others give camos, the Bismarck gives Bismarck camo, the anniversary gives a couple of tier 8 camos for various ships.

• Cool 1

Players
584 posts
3,805 battles

It think they're worth it but of course it depends on what value you place on their content. 

In my case, I wanted to unlock certain camo style options for various nations and classes along with some other stuff. The Bismark containers were of no interest to me as I don't have or currently want that ship so with it's main reward being some Bismark styles for that ship, I currently haven't bothered with it. But I did pick up most of the other container offerings so I would say at least purchase one container from any offering you find to have interesting content and what that does is it activates that collection and by doing this also adds this collection item as a potential random drop in your daily containers so eventually you will complete these collections without having to spend any more coal than just one container from each. 

[SINT]
Players
1,046 posts
22,539 battles

If you buy the containers only for the content ( and the 10 oil for clan) 1000 coal for some credits ( as compensation for the collection item) flags, camo etc..it might not be the best investment. But  1000 coal can be earned a day quite easily. So you just enjoy a bonus container each day ( you have to buy them in 5  though). I think all other coal rewards are better when you buy flags or camo directly.

So only real purpose would be if your clan is interested in getting a specific clan upgrade and all are asked to buy 100 crates to increase the clan oil account.

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

Yes most definitely, I have all collections that the available containers are for, usually exchanged for coal, they can provide a great deal of benefits especially when you complete a collection; things like Bismarck Permo camo, Duke of Yuck Winter camo, Yam Camo, flags, along with credits, dabloons and xp etc.

Your clan also benefits with every single opened container giving your clan 10 oil, which can be used to improve and upgrade your base, which in turn grants benefits such as cheaper ships, lower xp needed, coal, steel etc.

So yes containers are deffo worth it.