You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Tegetthoff

Proposal ship - battleship Tegetthoff the K u K Navy

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
71 posts
1,939 battles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegetthoff-class_battleship

I could imagine this battleship very good at Battleship tree of the Germans (Although there were Austrian warships Dreadnought class) - they think would be a good fit as a counterpart to the Tier 3 and 4.

armament was

12 × 30.5 cm L / 45 SK main armament
     12 × 15.0 cm L / 50 Sk Secondary armament
     18 × 7.0 cm Sk Secondary armament
     2 × torpedo tube 53.3 cm (sides, underwater)
However, the 2 torpedo tubes would have to be taken out

Tegetthoff.jpg
Edited by Admiral_Tegetthoff
  • Cool 3

Weekend Tester
1,668 posts
32 battles

Would be nice to have a Monarchy ship as a premium

have a +1 (If I didn't already reached my quota) 

Supertester
3,124 posts
1,275 battles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegetthoff-class_battleship

I could imagine this battleship very good at Battleship tree of the Germans (Although there were Austrian warships Dreadnought class) - they think would be a good fit as a counterpart to the Tier 3 and 4.

armament was

12 × 30.5 cm L / 45 SK main armament
     12 × 15.0 cm L / 50 Sk Secondary armament
     18 × 7.0 cm Sk Secondary armament
     2 × torpedo tube 53.3 cm (sides, underwater)
However, the 2 torpedo tubes would have to be taken out

Tegetthoff.jpg

Why on the German tree? The trees in which it makes more sense are the Italian or French since they got respectively Tegetthoff and Prinz Eugen as war prizes.

In any say we'll see since they may eventually show up in the "minor" nations tree but surely after they add all the other trees.

Beta Tester
4,099 posts
732 battles

It will probably be in the minor nations' tree.

However, I encourage you to use the search feature, because we already had a relatively recent Austro-Hungarian Navy discussion, and therefore this proposal would have been better poster there.

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/11751-austro-hungarian-navy/page__p__206593#entry206593

Edited by Historynerd

Players
299 posts
692 battles

Why on the German tree? The trees in which it makes more sense are the Italian or French since they got respectively Tegetthoff and Prinz Eugen as war prizes.

In any say we'll see since they may eventually show up in the "minor" nations tree but surely after they add all the other trees.

Because Austro-Hungary was allied with Germany during WW1 and the French or Italians that just used them as target pracitce/scrap metal. If France or Italy actually used them to any real extent, sure, but since the ships actually fought against Italy, I think it's pretty stupid to put them in the Italian or French trees. 

And there will be no minor nations tree lol, I hear people talking about stuff like that for years in World of Tanks and nothing happens. 

Edited by chaplainDMK

Supertester
3,124 posts
1,275 battles

Because Austro-Hungary was allied with Germany during WW1 and the French or Italians that just used them as target pracitce/scrap metal. If France or Italy actually used them to any real extent, sure, but since the ships actually fought against Italy, I think it's pretty stupid to put them in the Italian or French trees. 

And there will be no minor nations tree lol, I hear people talking about stuff like that for years in World of Tanks and nothing happens. 

Tegetthoff was used to shoot a film before being scrapped(i don't recall the name though, it was about what happened to Szent Istvàn). In any case it makes more logical sense since both ships were given to them while the Germans have only diplomatic reasons. Besides there are already war prizes in the possible premium list(Giulio Cesare and Duca d'Aosta for the Russians as examples) so it would make sense.

Anyway since there are seven trees before that it will take quite some time to see it, if it comes of course.

Beta Tester
4,099 posts
732 battles

It's not like both of them would have wished to do so. They were assigned to them, but with the obligation to scrap or sunk them; they couldn't rearm them and keep them in service.

But yes, I think they wouldn't stay well within the French or Italian trees. But I am confident that a minor tree will arrive, eventually.

Players
299 posts
692 battles

Tegetthoff was used to shoot a film before being scrapped(i don't recall the name though, it was about what happened to Szent Istvàn). In any case it makes more logical sense since both ships were given to them while the Germans have only diplomatic reasons. Besides there are already war prizes in the possible premium list(Giulio Cesare and Duca d'Aosta for the Russians as examples) so it would make sense.

Anyway since there are seven trees before that it will take quite some time to see it, if it comes of course.

I wouldn't really call shootinga film about how your sister ship was sunk as particularly honorable service for them. Giulio Cesare and Duca d'Aosta were both actually used, they were comissioned into the Soviet navy, serving for 10 years or so if I'm not mistaken. Duca d'Aosta was actually in comission in the Soviet Navy for a longer time than the Regia Marina or something like that. 

Tegetthoff and Prinz Eugen weren't comissioned at all, so I think there's really no reason to put them into the French or Italian navies. I don't know if they were forced to scrap them, but in any case I doubt they would have lasted long since they weren't really cutting edge ships.

I think diplomatic reasons through alliance with the nation and actually both being in large part Germanic states with a fair bit of shared history is a better reason to give it to the German navy than the Italians through just having it for a few years as a film prop.