Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Seinta

Do it by 50%

5 comments in this topic

[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
815 posts
7,297 battles

As we have all seen WG tends to buff/nerf things to the point where they are absurdly powerfull or useless.

So I wonder, why don't they do things at 50%:

At the moment HE is very powerfull, instead of the inpending nerf, reduce all the damage madule/hull/citadels by 50%. You get a source of constant damage at any range without crippling a ship with 1-2 salvos.

AA same as pre patch, shreds planes like crazy most painfully at lower tiers(too low on the CV line to comment about high tiers) , reduce it by 50%, strong enough to kill yet weak enough not to make every attack a potantial scuicide.

US BBs turning, right now they turn as good as a DD, cut it by 50% and give them CA's level of mobility, still maneuvarable, but not so much like it is its job to dodge torpedoes from 3km away.(it's a BATTLESHIP)

Consider reducing the power of some elements before you beat them with the nerf bat.

Edited by Seinta
  • Cool 1

[STGGC]
Beta Tester
173 posts
829 battles

As we have all seen WG tends to buff/nerf things to the point where they are absurdly powerfull or useless.

At the moment HE is very powerfull, instead of the inpending nerf, reduce all the damage madule/hull/citadels by 50%. You get a source of constant damage at any range without crippling a ship with 1-2 salvos.

AA same as pre patch, shreds planes like crazy most painfully at lower tiers(too low on the CV line to comment about high tiers) , reduce it by 50%, strong enough to kill yet weak enough not to make every attack a potantial scuicide.

US BBs turning, right now they turn as good as a DD, cut it by 50% and give them CA's level of mobility, still maneuvarable, but not so much like it is its job to dodge torpedoes from 3km away.(it's a BATTLESHIP)

Consider reducing the power of some elements before you beat them with the nerf bat.

What WG is aiming at is mainly to speed up the course of battle. Currently, the 20 min mark allows ships to take their time in battle, and you notice how good battles between battleships already can take a whole 3 to 5 minutes. What you're asking for is a game wide nerf of everything so that the play becomes easier and more forgiving, but this not only drags on time, it also disrupts the balance of the game. To keep it balanced, when you nerf aa, you nerf tb damage. Nerf BB turning, Increase BB speed. Nerfs and buffs work hand in hand, and you have to consider that unless it's unnecessarily OP, why call for a game wide nerf?

Beta Tester
20 posts
104 battles

You say WG makes to hard nerfs or buffs and with the same breath you talk about a 50% nerf? Very amusing :D

[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
815 posts
7,297 battles

What WG is aiming at is mainly to speed up the course of battle. Currently, the 20 min mark allows ships to take their time in battle, and you notice how good battles between battleships already can take a whole 3 to 5 minutes. What you're asking for is a game wide nerf of everything so that the play becomes easier and more forgiving, but this not only drags on time, it also disrupts the balance of the game. To keep it balanced, when you nerf aa, you nerf tb damage. Nerf BB turning, Increase BB speed. Nerfs and buffs work hand in hand, and you have to consider that unless it's unnecessarily OP, why call for a game wide nerf?

TBs damage has already been nerfed and is it balanced that at lower tiers where the Jap Cvs have 4-5 squadrins of TBs in total they lose a squadron every attack on a same tier BB? Where is the comparison when a Myogi has no AA, but a Wyoming has better AA than cruisers and is on the same level as the Yubari that is a dedicated AA cruiser.

You say WG makes to hard nerfs or buffs and with the same breath you talk about a 50% nerf? Very amusing :D 

Look at all the threads complaining how HE is too good, how planes get shot down like flies.

When they buffed the AA pre patch it lead to a very big decrease in the amount of active high tier CVs.

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
441 posts
3,834 battles

I actually think they are fairly close to the mark with HE shells now.

I play mostly US Cruisers, and I still use AP against other cruisers (those 203 mm's just do nasty things on citadel hits). Against BB's I find that you can use AP at max range (plunging fire) HE at medium range, and AP at close range or against lower tier targets (Yamato is pretty immune to AP unless you can aim away from the belt)

Against DD's and carriers it doesn't matter what you shoot :P

Carriers tend to stay the hell away from me on the high tiers (Haven't used my cruiser ability on my Des Moines in the last 2 days ....) So I can't comment on the AA balance atm.

I do agree that they overbuffed the turning this patch. My cruisers turn faster then their guns atm, which is silly. It does open up a lot more map, cause you can turn around and re-engage where you used to go around the island .... but it feels it bit to much like driving a speedboat instead of a proper ship.

Sign in to follow this