Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
niclasknig

New MM is boring, annoying and did not solve the problem

77 comments in this topic

[WGP2W]
[WGP2W]
Players
404 posts
18,612 battles

That most t10 games and some t8 and t9 games are only one tier spread is super boring and did not solve the problem. it would be nice if wg could find another solution. as its just get retarded when almost every game has the same ships in it. 

Further the change of the MM did not help the problem as you re now perma low tier in t7 and 6 battles while t9 is now the best tier to sealclub.

For my point of view the changes made the game even worse compared to before and t10 especially in respect to grinding legendaries became even more unenjoyable.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 5

[R_N_G]
Players
37 posts
12,169 battles

"Most games are only one tier spread" ... hmmm ... "most", surely.

"Almost every game has the same ships in it" ... we have 40 TX ships in the game atm. ... how do you fit them into "almost every game"?!

• Cool 7

[CATS]
Players
29,635 posts
15,312 battles
30 minutes ago, niclasknig said:

That most t10 games and some t8 and t9 games are only one tier spread is super boring and did not solve the problem. it would be nice if wg could find another solution. as its just get retarded when almost every game has the same ships in it. 

Further the change of the MM did not help the problem as you re now perma low tier in t7 and 6 battles while t9 is now the best tier to sealclub.

For my point of view the changes made the game even worse compared to before and t10 especially in respect to grinding legendaries became even more unenjoyable.

We told it for ages that +1/-1 MM is not the holy grail.

It made some Tiers more interesting, which is ok.

• Cool 4

Players
3,536 posts
20,662 battles
47 minutes ago, niclasknig said:

Sealclubbing in T9 is defo laying bare the actual problem as of why high tier games are getting even worse then they already were :cap_look:

The MM changes made high tier team composition better in my opinion though.

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
190 posts

Since the MM change, it feels like T9 and T10 games are even more one-sided.

It's either a complete stomp or both teams try to find the next map and destroyers just capture points and basically fight each other.

• Cool 2

[WGP2W]
[WGP2W]
Players
404 posts
18,612 battles
32 minutes ago, Utlieov said:

"Most games are only one tier spread" ... hmmm ... "most", surely.

"Almost every game has the same ships in it" ... we have 40 TX ships in the game atm. ... how do you fit them into "almost every game"?!

you dont play much t10 do you? or didnt you notice that 4 shimas per game 1 des mo 1 moskwa 1 venezia 2 hindis 2 hallands ( thats for a reason at least)... etc

• Bad 2

[CATS]
Players
29,635 posts
15,312 battles
9 minutes ago, niclasknig said:

you dont play much t10 do you? or didnt you notice that 4 shimas per game 1 des mo 1 moskwa 1 venezia 2 hindis 2 hallands ( thats for a reason at least)... etc

Last monday:

shot-20_04.13_01_15.23-0992.thumb.jpg.cb77025d746fb07f28d8bff5d58cf659.jpg

You were saying?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[WGP2W]
[WGP2W]
Players
404 posts
18,612 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Last monday:

shot-20_04.13_01_15.23-0992.thumb.jpg.cb77025d746fb07f28d8bff5d58cf659.jpg

You were saying?

we re talking about single t10 matches and you post just some random [edited] like always. its like it makes you happy to oppose something i guess the time you dont answer here you re writing facebook comments. but looks like you guys enjoy the new mm so thx for your contribution!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Players
2,511 posts
14,700 battles

Part of the problem is WG push on TX. Also many players want to get all UUs done before the end of the year and with multiple UUs to grind they will not be able to play a lot of other tiers. And if they do it's mostly because they can't afford to play TX all the time so they will play one of those special premiums from T9 that are insanely good at two things, namely, printing credits and clubbing poor T7s. 

• Cool 5

Players
3,037 posts

I play 3 times today after a while to test dis. Had a couple of decent showings in Lexi, harassed some people, got reported, reported about 10-11 people meself. Gut stuff. New dds appear sneakier than old ones but perhaps I'm rusty or got the unicums. Still sinkable. Got 2 t10 games and one normal. Idk it seemed balanced in the grand sheme of things and lost some pretty winable games but hey that didnt come as a surprise.

Teams were incredibly mixed. From extremely poor (new) captains, to some gurus, very few normal people. But it made for bewildering  results so I guess everytin is just fine :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,895 posts
10,504 battles

Players when +2-2 MM: REEEEE im getting uptiered the whole time

Also players when same tier MM: REEEEE boring matchmaking

1502104670-cam-modern-family.gif

• Cool 9
  • Funny 10

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles

seaclubbing in tier 9? This takes some skill.... And what was the problem in a first place that had to be solved?

P.S. tier 9 was my favorite before changes.... did it get even better now?

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,430 posts
4,640 battles

+2 MM: I get sealclubbed all the time in my T8's!

+1 MM: I can'T sealclub T8's anymore!

make up your [edited]mind. Also, +2 isn'T actually gone... For weeks (since the quarantine, khm social distancing started) I've been getting pure tier matches. Not sure if that has to do with the felt effect of changes, but there you are.

• Cool 4

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

????? So why am I still facing T9 when in T7's and T10's in T8,  nothing has changed.  Regardless of whether it's morning, noon or night I'm bottom tier most games.  e.g first 4 games in Surrey  (T7) this morning were T9's.   T8's Eugen and Bama faced T10's, the only ship to be top tier was Devonshire (T6) , as a result my WR dropped by 0.2 %. (Yes Devonshire won).

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,218 posts
9,841 battles
14 minutes ago, piritskenyer said:

+2 MM: I get sealclubbed all the time in my T8's!

+1 MM: I can'T sealclub T8's anymore!

make up your [edited]mind. Also, +2 isn'T actually gone... For weeks (since the quarantine, khm social distancing started) I've been getting pure tier matches. Not sure if that has to do with the felt effect of changes, but there you are.

Its something i dont get it either... since they changed the MM a few months ago, ive been way more toptier with T8-9 than ever before. And we already had a lot of +/-1 MM or even sametier MM on any tier.

But the whine about sametier MM was to be expected: People dont want to be -2, but they sure as hell want to be +2 :cap_fainting:

• Cool 6

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

Just to say - It was trialled on Co-Op first, generally the queue time increased, the games still stayed fairly +/-2 MM and it was all a bit Meh TBH.

+/-2 MM is always going to be a nightmare for balancing when, for example, a T8 has to fight both a T6 and a T10 in two back to back games and not be OP/Crap in either (or a T7 to T5/T9 etc etc).

• Cool 4

[PISH]
Players
372 posts
3,550 battles

If I had a dobloon for each thread like this here or in WoT I would have every ship in the game with premium camo, every premium and enough free xp to last me until I die.

MM is fine. Statisticly speaking if you are bottom tier in tier 6 someone tier 7-8 is getting a top tier game.

Fruthermore regardless of top or bottom tier no ship is invincible or helpless.

Thinking bottom tier is food for higher tiers is defeatist and gets you killed since you don't think on your play properly.

Think positive. The higher the opponent tier the more damage and xp to farm.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
12 posts
6,926 battles

Old MM: play T8 and get uptiered in a T10 match 80% of the time

New MM: play T7 and get uptiered in a T9 match 80% of the time

Serious improvement

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles
4 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Players when +2-2 MM: REEEEE im getting uptiered the whole time

Also players when same tier MM: REEEEE boring matchmaking

Are these the same players, though?

I've always preferred +/-2 MM. Never cared much for +/-1. Sure, sometimes it's fun, but not as a rule.

What I would like is a mechanic so you get an even spread of top, middle, and bottom tier. Sometimes it's just stupid, even if it's by random chance. When I was T5 in the French ships, I had something like 50 bottom tier matches and 1 each of top and middle tier (first number might be somewhat higher or lower, but it's a real number and not an exaggeration). That's monotonous, and it feels like you can't use the ships to their potential. It feels weird when you don't even know how a ship handles on equal tiers after 20 battles.

• Cool 1

[WGP2W]
[WGP2W]
Players
404 posts
18,612 battles
8 hours ago, Perekotypole said:

seaclubbing in tier 9? This takes some skill.... And what was the problem in a first place that had to be solved?

P.S. tier 9 was my favorite before changes.... did it get even better now?

you play mostly against t7s or you have t9 only matches. as t8 isnt allowed to be low tier that often anymore. so you have an huge advantage as t9 ships are just so much better. like colorado fighting a roon. or fletcher vs mahan

[SHAD]
Players
3,426 posts
14,135 battles
6 hours ago, NaikonP said:

Old MM: play T8 and get uptiered in a T10 match 80% of the time

New MM: play T7 and get uptiered in a T9 match 80% of the time

Serious improvement

It’s far worse. At least T8 and T10 have the same plating and HE pen values.

T7 has it much worse.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,465 posts
15 hours ago, niclasknig said:

while t9 is now the best tier to sealclub.

Ahh I see you dont realise WHAT problem the devs were setting out to solve as they solved it perfectly... The problem was hardly anyone was playing T9 ships and that included the things such as Jean Bart, Georgia or Alaska that were well shall we say a point of interest to be played more and surprise after the MM changes the JB for instance exploded and had to be removed from sale due to over abundance... :Smile_trollface:

Now lets remember what makes those T9 freemium ships different then any other freemium? :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2