Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Johan_Jung

Swedish destroyers have wrong guns

15 comments in this topic

Players
82 posts
5,711 battles

Tier IV Klas Horn has four guns (B-hull) but should only have 3 guns (A-hull). I guess this is okey-ish since you could play with her A-hull if you want a historical feel.

Tier V Visby has five guns but should only have three single guns (they are at the right positions though).

Suggestion, her A-hull should only have three guns...

I very much prefer (the option of playing with) correct historical models for ships that existed in real life.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,723 posts
45,776 battles
5 minutes ago, Johan_Jung said:

Tier IV Klas Horn has four guns (B-hull) but should only have 3 guns (A-hull). I guess this is okey-ish since you could play with her A-hull if you want a historical feel.

Tier V Visby has five guns but should only have three single guns (they are at the right positions though).

Suggestion, her A-hull should only have three guns...

I very much prefer (the option of playing with) correct historical models for ships that existed in real life.

Yes but they would have been too weak so balance reasons

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
82 posts
5,711 battles
38 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Yes but they would have been too weak so balance reasons

If so, why not simply put them at a less tier then? 

It is also easy to "balance" ships by giving them "interesting" stats regarding rate of fire and strength of torps. 

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,570 posts
15,043 battles
2 minutes ago, Spjuvern said:

suggests småland gets right reload rate....

84 rpm per turret? Impudent...!

:cap_rambo:

Players
10,314 posts
12,044 battles
1 minute ago, Spjuvern said:

suggests småland gets right reload rate....

Smaland gets right-ish reload with BFT tho, 1.5s. And then goes above historical 42 rounds/min with BFT and reload mod.

Halland could see some buffs in main gun department, thats for sure:cap_tea:

2 minutes ago, Johan_Jung said:

If so, why not simply put them at a less tier then? 

It is also easy to "balance" ships by giving them "interesting" stats regarding rate of fire and strength of torps. 

That would involve coming up with another DD, and given its Ikea branch, they probably did not had appropriate ship type/design to fit between "historical" configs and line from tier 6 onwards.

Players
82 posts
5,711 battles
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

84 rpm per turret? Impudent...!

:cap_rambo:

Well, they had to reload their magazine system after perhaps 50? rounds so that rate is only momentarily. Should have been modeled with a quick firing consumable. 

• Cool 1

[CLADS]
Players
226 posts
5,622 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

That would involve coming up with another DD, and given its Ikea branch, they probably did not had appropriate ship type/design to fit between "historical" configs and line from tier 6 onwards.

Officially it is supposed to be a pan-EU branch, so they almost certainly could have found some Dutch/Yugoslav/Spanish/etc ships to fill any caps.

• Cool 1

Players
10,314 posts
12,044 battles
50 minutes ago, olmedreca said:

Officially it is supposed to be a pan-EU branch, so they almost certainly could have found some Dutch/Yugoslav/Spanish/etc ships to fill any caps.

Given one can assemble almost complete Polish DD line, I have wild guess they will become second, "artillery" oriented branch of "European" tech tree, with ORP Warszawa (modified Kotlin class RU DD) being potentially even guided missile destroyer, concept WG already tried to explore. And probably will return once they run out of subs and carriers.

• Cool 1

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
15,236 battles
3 hours ago, olmedreca said:

LIke Ceuta/Marasti. Italy/Romania/Spain/URSS.  Instead of "Romulus" ( Spica class NOT a dd and mostly italian)

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
15,236 battles
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

Given one can assemble almost complete Polish DD line, I have wild guess they will become second, "artillery" oriented branch of "European" tech tree, with ORP Warszawa (modified Kotlin class RU DD) being potentially even guided missile destroyer, concept WG already tried to explore. And probably will return once they run out of subs and carriers.

Holy f...With what MM?

[NECRO]
Players
2,418 posts
Vor 11 Stunden, Johan_Jung sagte:

Me too. Remove paper ships navy please, WG. :Smile_popcorn:

Players
10,314 posts
12,044 battles
7 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Holy f...With what MM?

You see in tech tree, that mini branch of Russian destroyers? It was supposed to end with first guided missile destroyer, Kotlin class. Back in 2017

But WG deemed guided missiles to be broken more than anticipated and works were shelved, moving into CV REEEwork

Players
2,780 posts
17,292 battles

Vasteras design only had 3-4 guns too right? Small/fast DDs ram packed with guns look silly, Blys needed almost twice the displacement to keep the high speed, 6 torps with 7 x 120 Bofors.

Tier 4-6 are tiny/fast destroyers with a torpedo focus, they would be totally fine with only 3 flat arc Bofor guns. A historical loadout it would even suit the line better going from 3 to 4 guns. :cap_like:

• Cool 1