Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HassenderZerhacker

AA rating bug

16 comments in this topic

Players
1,017 posts
3,477 battles

Today I got the Duke of York as another trial-rental and I'm impressed with how lethal she is for airplanes. Then I saw her AA rating of 66. The captain doesn't have AFT or BFT.

Hmmm... Gneisenau has 82, and that's with AFT and BFT.

And when I look at the detailed AA stats, I get this:

dukeofyork.thumb.png.05a9b1ac9f1c83f5f05a5d038f683691.pnggneisenau.thumb.png.b199bd0f4fb96d0f4a1e754b7755d871.png

So the AA rating seems very bugged to me.

[CATS]
Players
29,655 posts
15,312 battles

The AA rating is not bugged. It just relativly useless like all these ships scores since their introduction...

• Cool 2

[POP]
Players
663 posts
13,029 battles

The rating is most probable mostly based on long range puff damage. Which is significantly higher and longer reaching on Gneisenau.

... and which is the easiest migitated by a non-drooling, non-knuckledragging and non-flatheaded CV captain.

Players
1,017 posts
3,477 battles
19 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The AA rating is not bugged. It just relativly useless like all these ships scores since their introduction...

does that rating reflect the ship's ability to defend itself against airplanes?

if not, then it's bugged.

secondly, the ratings of two ships should allow for comparison. But the Duke of York is hugely better than Gneisenau at defending against airplanes, while the latter has 25% better AA on paper.

[NWP]
Players
3,372 posts
17,633 battles

It all makes sense. WG dislikes the continuous AA dps mechanic. So they introduced flak to kill planes. A good mechanic according to WG.

So it's normal that the scores value flak more than dps (cause WG made the formula for these ratings).

But as @ColonelPetesaid, they are mostly useless.

• Cool 1

Players
1,017 posts
3,477 battles
3 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

It all makes sense. WG dislikes the continuous AA dps mechanic. So they introduced flak to kill planes. A good mechanic according to WG.

So it's normal that the scores value flak more than dps (cause WG made the formula for these ratings).

they FlAK ratings are nearly the same 1330 vs 1610

Players
7,237 posts
11,667 battles

Not sure (as I dont pay attention to those ratings for already mentioned reasons) but imo: the ratings never changed, when CV rewöörk hit. Gneisenau was superb in AA during RTS times. DoY wasnt bad either but not Gneisenau level.

Players
1,017 posts
3,477 battles
6 minutes ago, quickr said:

People look at and give value to those ratings? :cap_hmm:

either the rating is OK, then it has its place in-game, or it's bugged, and then it should be corrected or removed. simples.

the AA rating should reflect the full abysmality of German BB's AA for example.

Players
7,237 posts
11,667 battles
8 minutes ago, quickr said:

People look at and give value to those ratings? :cap_hmm:

I saw a noob streamer once, telling everone, how OP the shimakaze is - because she has 99 torpedos. Yes, he actually thought, that Shima sends 99 torps at once, because thats what the rating said.

Spoiler

You prolly guessed It: he was a BB main.

• Funny 2

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,201 posts
9,971 battles
14 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

either the rating is OK, then it has its place in-game, or it's bugged, and then it should be corrected or removed. simples.

the AA rating should reflect the full abysmality of German BB's AA for example.

The rating is not bugged, it just rates range as a value ungodly high. This is why the Shima for example has the highest torpedo rating with the 20 km torps despite those torps being the most useless ones.

Ignore the ratings, just look at values. Been the same since day one.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
3,372 posts
17,633 battles
1 hour ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

they FlAK ratings are nearly the same 1330 vs 1610

Erm, that's a 21% increase in flak dmg alone. So calling that "nearly the same" is kinda meh

• Cool 1

[SPURD]
Players
808 posts
5,973 battles

I just bought Z-39 today. Amazing AA rating for DD!

Doesn't stop lolcarrier from making 4x3 rocket dives on me. 2 planes shot down

[THESO]
Alpha Tester
2,541 posts
10,459 battles

Just gonna drop to say that Gneissenau AA was good during the RTS times only if she actually specced for AA but it usually was a bad idea because the ship would be sorely lacking on crucial stuff to make it a decent surface ship. So when the Gneissenau specced for surface combat, which was the sensible thing to do, she was one of the tastier treats for a CV due to mediocre AA+long hull+bad turning circle+mediocre torpedo protection.

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
6 hours ago, 159Hunter said:

Not all the times, there are times that AA is useful.

Long gone are the days where we could shoot down + 40 planes in a match with a Gneisenau or a ship good at AA with no specific AA build.

I'm running some tests, I'm experiment with AA, i'm in my way for a full AA build in one of my ships. I don't have too many data yet .

81 battles 218 planes shoot down, that's an average of 2.69 , so far, the most I did with a 9 point captain was 16 planes, doesn't seems too much, looking this way. (although I get the feeling that I can shoot down much more than 16 planes if I get fed with planes with the ship plus captain as is)

We all know that WG wants to guarantee always a drop on ships.... but not all cv players are good. There's more bad players than good players and in this context the AA is still useful.

What I did noticed so far :

- Sometimes, the build (captain+ ship) can shoot down up to 6 planes in a single go (neutralizing the wave)

- Due to that Nation particular gameplay (American), that can put the ship in a very fragile position for the planes to take advantage of, so, AA it's very handy to mess up the cv drop.

- cv still prefers to go for other ships and avoid mine if he has the change.

- I can project my AA protection to other ships too, in some extent, if the other ship is close by. Or he pays more than he is expecting or he avoids and goes for other target

That, ofc, while relying heavily in the cv player skills, that's not a guarantee like it used to be.

But from I saw so far, I'm going full AA.

anyone experimented with Dogfigth expert?

[NWP]
Players
3,372 posts
17,633 battles
4 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Snip

My comment you quoted talked about AA ratings. Not usefulness of AA. That's a discussion we don't need in this topic. 

Sign in to follow this