PT 0.9.4 - General Feedback

48 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
5,630 posts
4,464 battles

WG_SPB_WoWS_Preview_094_Public_Test_720x192.jpg

Captains!

Join the Public Test of the coming Update to get rewards on the live server!

Expect submarines, the Soviet Cruisers event, free enhanced consumables, Ranked Battles, and other improvements. Take a look through the Developer Bulletin, and welcome to the test!

For more information about Public Test 0.9.4 you can visit Public Test of Update 0.9.4: Round 1 article.

Round 1 Schedule

Starts: Thursday 16 April 18:30 CEST (UTC+2)

Ends: Tuesday 21 April 07:00 CEST (UTC+2)

Updated national voiceovers for Polish, Dutch, and Austro-Hungarian ships. The presence of any unique Commander voiceovers is now taken into account when the "National+" voiceover is selected.

Updated the design of the Modules tab. Under this tab, you can now view all upgrades and consumables for the ships that you haven't obtained yet, while ships are researched and obtained via the Tech Tree screen.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_consumavles_EN_1_1920x1080.jpg

The Northern Lights, Shatter, Sleeping Giant, Loop, Greece, and Crash Zone Alpha maps have been reworked to accommodate the new lighting model and enhanced HDR technology.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_giant_after_EN_1920x1080.jpg

You can leave your particular feedback in following threads:

Submarines

Soviet Cruisers Event

Ranked season

Premium Consumables

Bugs

• Cool 1

Players
259 posts
4,760 battles

Just checking. I seem to have the remains of my Doubloons, Credits, & FreeXP from the end of PTS 093. Is that correct or will we all get the original starting amounts again for 094?

[ATUM]
[ATUM]
Players
1 post
4,615 battles

i am not able to log into test server .  im redirected to a russian  site when trying to make a login  With  my main mailadress (same i use for live server )   tryed switching the .ru  With . en   but tells me  my email adress is already in use . help plz

[ITAAT]
Players
703 posts

A simple question:

One of my Clan mates joined PTS last time 9.3, but he didn't find his ships and xp in the PTS port.

How long it takes (or how often you do) to sync PTS accounts with live Accounts ships?

Thank you!

[HF_30]
Beta Tester
27 posts

Can we join from our normal wg accounts ?   or do i need to make a new one for this server ?

[WG]
WG Staff
5,630 posts
4,464 battles
7 hours ago, Chug said:

Can we join from our normal wg accounts ?   or do i need to make a new one for this server ?

You need to create a new account, but with the same email address, for PT. 

14 hours ago, Kanterage said:

i am not able to log into test server .  im redirected to a russian  site when trying to make a login  With  my main mailadress (same i use for live server )   tryed switching the .ru  With . en   but tells me  my email adress is already in use . help plz

14 hours ago, chrisalot said:

not able to log in with my account. tells me always that i am using the wrong email and/or password.

Have you guys created an account through this guide? https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/pt-guide/

[WG]
WG Staff
5,630 posts
4,464 battles

Captains!

Be informed, that on 10:30 CEST (UTC+2), there will be a short restart of PT server. 

Thanks for understanding

[B_M_A]
Players
11 posts
8,894 battles

If the new Soviet Cruisers are as great as the new port, exploring will be really fun. Good job with the port.

• Cool 1

Players
4 posts
5,000 battles

Hallo at all!

It is my first season on the test-server. I saw some players with premium-ships. How can i use my premium-ships from the live-server on the test-server?

Thanks for the answer.

[KOKO]
Players
16 posts
2,998 battles

Hello.

I have odd issue. My player name on PT is Player_4033066602. I'd like to change it. How? Doesn't work from account management. I made this account years ago, and it should be linked to tym main with e-mail. But i'm not sure if it is. Never got any prizes from PT.

[GR-CS]
[GR-CS]
Players
30 posts
8,927 battles

Overall im super excited about submarines as it will spice up things and put some interesting gameplay for everybody! Seems like they still need quite some work to it but very near to launch properly!

i Would love to see them in all modes of battles (including scenarios, random , ranked) at some point not only in special battles for subs. I think there should be some limit to how many submarines can join the battle like maximum 2-3...

i think it should be wise that there would be some counterplay from all ship kinds not only from DDs even if the counterplay needs a lot of skill. There should be some chance to deal with them. Unless the fact that subs are slow .. is the thing for them. Still feels weird on what will happen if many ships without charges are left on battle with 2-3 subs and cant do anything about it.

i feel that there should be a little easier controls to maneuver the sub under water.. maybe with mouse ? i found it very difficult to turn my nose and aim at ships under water and i cant quite figure out angle to shoot effectively without to much sonar help (but still even with sonar doesnt seem like working very well or i just cant figure out the mechanic)

i found it very beautiful and alternative that we can also fight under the night sky. i dont know if this can effect the gameplay in matters of vision but it would be still interesting anyway.

it should be nice if i could watch under water in spectator mode and look at the submarines and the torpedoes (after my ship is lost)

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
19 posts
10,761 battles

So far I play 4 battels. I think sub are pretty done. Some polishing might be needed tho in future. 

Don't see reason to have different game mode for them. Ofc other ships need some way to fight them but respectively lower for cruisers and much lower for BB. But still thay need some way of counter them. Maybe some consumables to call plains with deep charges ( like spoting plains atm), or some kind of deep water mines. 

Nice touch would be periscope mode on periscope deep ( i know it would affect sub - sub battels but it could be alternative view). 

• Cool 1

[TAOWS]
Players
16 posts
6,960 battles

At first I wasn't sure about the change to the consumables, but having used for a few battles it seems okay. Probably levels thing out.

I had a few issues in one battle when using a carrier with freezing whilst flying aircraft.

Submarine battle works well and the views underwater, when watching other players, are excellent.

There do seem to be a lot of flooding noises at odd times.

The depth charges seem to work well.

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
812 battles

Subs: Love them, get them out there and adjust over time. Really fun to play with.

Destroyers : These things get shredded too quickly so the balance should be shifted a little more to extend the duration they remain in the game, especially considering they are the only ships with effective anti-sub weapons.

Alternatives:  Allow some cruisers the ability to equip with depth charges (for example the Atlanta class cruisers had six depth charge batteries from around 1943); anti-sub spotting aircraft consumable that can deploy depth charges.

Overall: Keep subs and get them out asap, help for destroyers :) Next minelayers/sweepers ;)

• Cool 1

[U-35]
Beta Tester
50 posts
9,890 battles

Soviet tokens achieved in test server is invisible in Armory, no way to keep track of resource in Amory, please resolve issue. Should have around 500+ Soviet tokens by now.

Players
365 posts
12,880 battles

Why isnt the mirroed account being updated?
I have 375 ships on my LIVE account and missing 10 ships or so on PTS.

[GF-NL]
[GF-NL]
Players
45 posts
4,352 battles

did't receive the flag for submarine battles on my live account yet.

How long does that take?

[1CLAN]
Players
3 posts
7,378 battles

Hi,

Just a "good job" note...

I have been playing Silent Hunter's series for years, you did an impressive great job at rendering the atmosphere of submarine.

(with a amazing intuitivity/simplicity and short learning curve never seen in a sub game)

An quite arcade sub game that gives the same kind of tension than a sub sim... grandiose... I even found myself counting after a torpedo launch...

I really hope subs come to the real game with no(t too much) gameplay changes ! I love it as is !

Suggestion : CV should have some way to fight subs as well... not sure how actually... Maybe aircrafts should be able to spot surfaced subs from a longer distance... forcing them to emergency dive (like they would have in WW2) at first sight of planes on the horizon...

Maybe some aircrafts able to drop depth charges... (aka 'Grumman AF Guardian' or 'Kyushu Q1W')  Not sure on this one, that may make CV a bit overpowered since subs have no AA defences...

Anyway, can't wait for buying my first sub...

Thanks guys, keep up the good work on my 2nd favourite game of all time...  (Considering subs are not yet taken into account for this ranking)

PS: I will always miss Fractured Space, but I found here what I loved there... :-)

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
76 posts
9,779 battles

Hi Couple of points

Like subs they are great, not too powerful but different.

had to log in using an old (couple of years old) password, is this right?

sounds seem to have changed, some of the new ones are great - straining bulkheads etc- but they seem to not be triggered correctly, eg the straining bulkheads / plates sounds seem to come randomly, wheras if they came associated with a hiit or flooding or as a sub dived they would be brilliantly atmospheric.

[AGRES]
Players
183 posts
13,734 battles
Před 8 hodinami MarcoV_1 řekl/a:

did't receive the flag for submarine battles on my live account yet.

How long does that take?

man... like month..sure.