Pushi2

How to Kaga vs DD

9 comments in this topic

[_SCR-]
Players
79 posts
9,101 battles

Hey there,

I have some problems killing DD's since I use the Kaga.

I hope for some tips on how to approach against DD's.

To me the Rocket-Planes seem to be useless, almost no damage. Torpedos are slow and dive bombers are not ideal. And spotting DD's only helps if team shoots them and does not ignore them.

• Funny 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

Rocket planes aren't great, but they are at least accurate. If you don't want to rocket plane, learn how to use HE dive bombers. Kaga isn't going to instakill DDs (unless they detonate), but with enough attacks, they are dead and inbetween they usually are hampered in their ability to do their job.

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

You’re not going to Dev strike a DD, and unless the DD player is a total spud Rockets aren’t that effective, if you face a smoked camper; use Torps, if it’s a mobile DD use dive bomber, leading the DD slightly, I hate using rockets unless I’m top tier (very rare), and only use them when bottom tier after all my DB’s and TB’s have been expended. 

Remember you don’t have to target / hit the DD to be a nuisance to him, keeping him spotted (so that allies can sink him) is just as good, quite often they’ll be too fixated on you to notice the incoming fire from your allies 😉.

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,201 posts
9,971 battles

In the Kaga killing DD's is more of a death by thousand cuts if you rely on rocket planes and by keeping it spotted. Due to the plane reserves you can just throw planes at the DD and doing 2-4 k damage per run while your team (hopefully) also chip in with some damage.

As for torps being slow, well they are the joint fastest CV torps in the game. 

[_SCR-]
Players
79 posts
9,101 battles
Vor 7 Minuten, ollonborre sagte:

In the Kaga killing DD's is more of a death by thousand cuts if you rely on rocket planes and by keeping it spotted. Due to the plane reserves you can just throw planes at the DD and doing 2-4 k damage per run while your team (hopefully) also chip in with some damage.

As for torps being slow, well they are the joint fastest CV torps in the game. 

well, to me the torpedos seem to be slower than the shokaku ones. and with the shokaku i hit more DD's with its torpedos than with the kaga actually.

Vor 45 Minuten, Bunny_Lover_Kallen sagte:

learn how to use HE dive bombers.

is the HE Bomb damage output on DD's greater than with rocket planes?

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
1 minute ago, Pushi2 said:

Generally, yes. If you hit the bombs, they can take out a good part of the DDs hp.

• Cool 1

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,201 posts
9,971 battles

well, to me the torpedos seem to be slower than the shokaku ones. and with the shokaku i hit more DD's with its torpedos than with the kaga actually.

In the Kaga you have an arming distance of 800 meters, SHokaku 537 m. So you have to drop further away in the Kaga. That might be why the feel slower.

Yes, if you can actually hit them.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this