Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
john1953

Free XP Thoughts.

27 comments in this topic

Players
93 posts

I have today hit the 2million Free XP figure. I am at best an average player with cruisers and destroyers, all nations, being my preferred class. Have some battleships which I also play. No carriers as this just does not attract. The Alaska and Nelson are in port. I have no idea the best way forward. Should I splurge everything on the Smaland at 2M FXP or would I be more advised to go down the route of obtaining the Friesland for 1m FXP and possibly utilising 600K FXP to fast track through to the Halland (Tier X) Europe tree. Is this overkill? Should i sit on the 2M and see what appears in the future. Any thoughts and opinions, other than I am an indecisive git, would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

Honestly: Given the similarities between Friesland, Halland and Smalland I'd advise you to grind your way through the EU DD tree first (maybe use a little bit of FXP on the way to unlock upgraded moduls and skip stock ships). IF you like the ships, you can spend FXP on the freemiums.

It'd be pretty sad, if you spend 1 mill FXP on the Friesland + 600k XP on the line skip to find out you don't like the playstyle of these ships.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
29,621 posts
15,306 battles

I suggest to save it.

When you really like DD, you can get Friesland. Smaland is just overpriced.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
6,570 posts
15,043 battles
27 minutes ago, john1953 said:

Any thoughts and opinions, other than I am an indecisive git, would be appreciated.

Short answer is probably to wait.

• Friesland is entertaining, but she's a very different proposition to 'regular' DDs due to the lack of torps.
  • With regard to Smaland, it would probably be sensible to grind the regular line to at least T9 first, to see a) if you like them, and b) to get used to them (they play differently to the bulk of regular DDs too - no smoke, relatively good AA, and the torps are weird); after that, you'll know if Smaland is worth her ludicrous price-tag.
  • Waiting also gives you a chance to see whether what else is coming down the pipeline is of more/less interest to you.
  • Finally, there is something to be said for waiting until the Moskva thing resolves, as that might inform your choices too.

Boring answer, but probably reasonably sensible.

• Cool 1

Players
272 posts

Why spend 2M on an uptiered version when you can get Friesland for half the price. It has the same features and even spams better than my fully upgraded Wooster :D.    T9 freemiums are usually good credit earners. 

Players
10,314 posts
12,044 battles
1 hour ago, Allied_Winter said:

Honestly: Given the similarities between Friesland, Halland and Smalland I'd advise you to grind your way through the EU DD tree first (maybe use a little bit of FXP on the way to unlock upgraded moduls and skip stock ships). IF you like the ships, you can spend FXP on the freemiums.

It'd be pretty sad, if you spend 1 mill FXP on the Friesland + 600k XP on the line skip to find out you don't like the playstyle of these ships.

And then Friesland only thing in common with Smaland and Haland have is "nation" as well gun turrets.

1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

Friesland is entertaining, but she's a very different proposition to 'regular' DDs due to the lack of torps.

Low alpha torps on regular Ikea destroyers aren't exactly a deterrent for excessively horny cruiser or BB who wants to visit you.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
972 posts
15 hours ago, john1953 said:

I have today hit the 2million Free XP figure. I am at best an average player with cruisers and destroyers, all nations, being my preferred class. Have some battleships which I also play. No carriers as this just does not attract. The Alaska and Nelson are in port. I have no idea the best way forward. Should I splurge everything on the Smaland at 2M FXP or would I be more advised to go down the route of obtaining the Friesland for 1m FXP and possibly utilising 600K FXP to fast track through to the Halland (Tier X) Europe tree. Is this overkill? Should i sit on the 2M and see what appears in the future. Any thoughts and opinions, other than I am an indecisive git, would be appreciated.

Cheers.

do you think that we are clairvoyants here - one thing that we see is that you've made 61 posts ... and to be honest i dont think anybody here has time to go and analyze through these ...

but considering that you have your stats hidden it kinda points to one direction - pls dont buy yourself in to t10 battles, there is enough [edited] at t10 already ...

if you want meaningful answers open yours stats

• Bad 1

Players
93 posts
27 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

do you think that we are clairvoyants here - one thing that we see is that you've made 61 posts ... and to be honest i dont think anybody here has time to go and analyze through these ...

but considering that you have your stats hidden it kinda points to one direction - pls dont buy yourself in to t10 battles, there is enough morons at t10 already ...

if you want meaningful answers open yours stats

Your kind words are much appreciated. Thank for your time and trouble.

Beta Tester
972 posts
15 minutes ago, john1953 said:

Your kind words are much appreciated. Thank for your time and trouble.

ok, you could not appreciate an honest answer ... dont worry, people rarely do ...

i'll give you answer what you expect - go full in, take friesland and use rest use to unlock t10 and then go and conquer t9&10 battles

we'll be waiting you

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles

If you are somehow attracted to either the Friesland or the Smaland, then get them – personally, I can't wait to finish the grind.

If you are second guessing, why not wait a bit until you feel the itch, so to speak. Those FXP won't go to waste in the meantime. :)

I forgot: There may be other Free XP ships on the horizon, that suit you better. Perhaps someone who is more up to date can elaborate.

Players
93 posts
1 hour ago, hellhound666 said:

ok, you could not appreciate an honest answer ... dont worry, people rarely do ...

i'll give you answer what you expect - go full in, take friesland and use rest use to unlock t10 and then go and conquer t9&10 battles

we'll be waiting you

Sorry I don't get your obsession that I am merely buying my way to Tier 10. If I did "buy" the Friesland  it would simply join the Smolensk, Hindy, Xao, Daring, Conqueror, Republique, Henri iv, Worcester, Des Moines already in port.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,367 posts
26,977 battles
33 minutes ago, john1953 said:

Sorry I don't get your obsession that I am merely buying my way to Tier 10. If I did "buy" the Friesland  it would simply join the Smolensk, Hindy, Xao, Daring, Conqueror, Republique, Henri iv, Worcester, Des Moines already in port.

With this lineup your question should be: do i wait or buy something that i might not like because i have 2mill and wanna spend it right now?

• Cool 1

Players
430 posts
6,388 battles
12 hours ago, hellhound666 said:

ok, you could not appreciate an honest answer

So you honest answer is to call him a [edited] based on.... nothing? Interesting

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
972 posts
9 hours ago, firerider202 said:

So you honest answer is to call him a moroon based on.... nothing? Interesting

where did i call him a [edited]? i stated that t10 is filled with them without him

Players
430 posts
6,388 battles
12 hours ago, hellhound666 said:

pls dont buy yourself in to t10 battles, there is enough [edited] at t10 already ...

There

9 hours ago, hellhound666 said:

where did i call him a [edited]?

Beta Tester
972 posts
1 hour ago, john1953 said:

and after such experience, you still need to ask what to do with 2 mil of free exp .... amazing ....

Beta Tester
972 posts

There

well, dude claimed that he is a proud member of t10 fleet already and so there is nothing to discuss ...

and of course sorry if it could be interpreted that i called him [edited] without any information ...

Beta Tester
972 posts
6 minutes ago, firerider202 said:

He maybe want to hear the oppinion of others, who maybe already own these ships? Its never wrong to ask 

and i explained how he would get a more meaningful answer

plus there are more than enough guides of said ships in youtube etc ...

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles

I don't think any ship is worth 2M free xp price tag. No matter how the inflated economy is.

• Cool 2

Players
430 posts
6,388 battles
Vor 29 Minuten, quickr sagte:

I don't think any ship is worth 2M free xp price tag

I Think that depends. If you have the 2 mill. Free exp and the ship you buy provides a unique gameplay you realy enjoy it can be worth it. But it is deffenetly overprised. 

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

A few posts had to be edited. Please follow the rules! 

Also: Keep in mind everyone can ask for opinions about other ships. There is no limit as to when a player should better not be asking anymore! Heck, even I sometimes ask questions about ships I know, because there's always the off chance that something changed without my knowledge. That's what the forum is for. 

Happy discussing.

Players
10,314 posts
12,044 battles

I Think that depends. If you have the 2 mill. Free exp and the ship you buy provides a unique gameplay you realy enjoy it can be worth it. But it is deffenetly overprised. 

Regular EU DDs are unique enough. And then Smaland gives you "gunboat spin" from torpedoboat oriented destroyers of silver line.

One reason to go for Smaland would be getting yourself Halland class DD that will be (mostly) immune to WG tampering - you never know when WG might decide silver Halland is "overperforming" and nerf AA, guns or torps or her consumables. Therefore any nerfs to Halland indirectly make Smaland stronger in comparison.

• Cool 1