Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VeryHonarbrah

Turrets seeming to be incap a lot more frequently

Turrets incap more frequent?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Turrets incap more frequently?

• Yes - more frequently
    • No change
    • No - less frequently

41 comments in this topic

Players
376 posts
11,979 battles

Over the last 2 patches, it has really come to my attention that turrets seemed to be being broken on a lot more frequent basis, as well as being broken when it should be physically impossible. Anyone else having same said issue? 

• Cool 4

Players
1,017 posts
3,512 battles

yes, and not only turrets.

as I prepare to send torps, my torp launchers are sometimes incapacitated before I can let loose. very annoying !

happened at least three times during the past week on Tirpitz and Gneisenau.

• Cool 4

[SM0KE]
Players
6,608 posts
15,069 battles

I do wonder if WG have been messing with at least some of the probabilities across the game; whilst I haven't noticed much change in how often I get things incapacitated, I do agree with those who have reported that the number of floods seems to be more sensible lately (i.e. you do get some)...

• Cool 3

Players
253 posts
3,631 battles
15 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

yes, and not only turrets.

as I prepare to send torps, my torp launchers are sometimes incapacitated before I can let loose. very annoying !

happened at least three times during the past week on Tirpitz and Gneisenau.

Torp launchers aren't hard to incapacitate. They have next to no armor, hence are very vulnerable to incapacitation. 

It also doesn't really help the fact that the location of the torp launchers on those particular ships are placed in a spot where most of the incoming fire is aimed at. 

• Cool 1

Players
7,244 posts
11,668 battles

Absolutly. I so annoyed by this. I lost a torpedo tube permanently because one or two shimakaze shells hit me with no prior damage and I have all possible cpt/module stuff to increase survivability. I lost Salem main gun permanently from one Ohio shell at 18 km also with no prior damage. I lost more gun turrets on BBs temporarily in the last 4 weeks that in the 12 months before I think (including a game where I permanently lost BOTH front turrets on Bourgogne).

• Cool 2

Players
1,017 posts
3,512 battles
9 minutes ago, Communist_Loli said:

Torp launchers aren't hard to incapacitate. They have next to no armor, hence are very vulnerable to incapacitation. 

It also doesn't really help the fact that the location of the torp launchers on those particular ships are placed in a spot where most of the incoming fire is aimed at. 

frequency is the topic

• Cool 1

Players
1,999 posts
14,124 battles
25 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

yep, just been talking with @ForlornSailor about that.

I also think, Detonations are far more frequent recently. One day, i detonated 3 people :cap_wander:

Have not experienced a detonation (received or otherwise) for ages. Cue, I'll be having one next game...

hot take: Maybe the turret incapacitations increase is down to people learning how and where to shoot...

Players
253 posts
3,631 battles
11 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

frequency is the topic

When all it takes is one BB shell to incapacitate one of those, it's hard to sail with those ships under heavy fire without having your torps knocked out. So as for the frequency, it could just mean that you're more "frequently" targeted in those area nowadays. 

WG has stated many times in the past that they never release stealthy nerfs or anything of that nature so I doubt that Turrets recieved a global nerf, unless stated so in the patch notes. 

• Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
2,036 posts
15,012 battles
51 minutes ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

Over the last 2 patches

Pretty much the same for me and over the same period as you is when I began to notice it happening more often.

I just put it down to bad luck though. 

Players
253 posts
3,631 battles
31 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

as if that ever meant anything to WG... lol !

I mean, you're obviously entitled to believe w/e you want, I already said my part. If you think that WG is hatching some secret conspiracy against turrets then by all means, you do you I guess.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,604 posts
11,377 battles
5 minutes ago, Communist_Loli said:

I mean, you're obviously entitled to believe w/e you want, I already said my part. If you think that WG is hatching some secret conspiracy against turrets then by all means, you do you I guess.

The thing is that their changes in the updates may cause unexpected results in the coding. It has happened before and will happen again.

Players
3,042 posts

The more they update stuff to fit new stuff in, the more the game turns less smooth and unpleasant. I dread the upcoming changes :/

• Cool 1

Players
253 posts
3,631 battles
4 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

The thing is that their changes in the updates may cause unexpected results in the coding. It has happened before and will happen again.

It could be. 

I've seen this topic on the NA and steam Forums a couple of times and the Devs came over to reassure everyone that nothing was changed. 

But hey, their words not mine. 

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

There's a lot of JB's being played....might have something to do with some of perceived rise, given how easy it is to take them out and people knowing the weakeness

[DD537]
Beta Tester
568 posts
9,489 battles

I have noticed in my Kremlin that a couple of volleys of HE and my secondary’s and AA mounts are 50% gone and a couple more and there all gone, many a time Since the last patch I have checked close to the end of the battle and both my secondary’s and AA have been totally destroyed 

[ANV]
Players
556 posts
4,822 battles

Probably confirmation bias:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

"Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or strengthens one's prior personal beliefs or hypotheses.[1] It is a type of cognitive bias. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for desired outcomes, for emotionally charged issues, and for deeply-entrenched beliefs."

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,706 posts
21,032 battles

Yuo see camrade, you can't have turrets incapacitated if you have NO turrets! :Smile_trollface:

Seriously tho, I played about a dozen (rather unsuccessful) Worcester matches yesterday and in only one did I have my turrets incapacitated a couple of times by DM AP at medium-close range which I would label as a rather expected outcome. Didn't even lose them completely.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,020 posts
41 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

Probably confirmation bias:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

"Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or strengthens one's prior personal beliefs or hypotheses.[1] It is a type of cognitive bias. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for desired outcomes, for emotionally charged issues, and for deeply-entrenched beliefs."

yeah, probably ... wg/lesta is such an honorable company that they won't change it in secrecy and considering how good they are in testing it cant be an accident either

so, all good and i changed modules on some ships because i see things ....

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,292 posts
14,040 battles

I remember the time when Atlanta usually left the battle with only one functional turret - that only changed with the arrival of russian DDs and turret-health was doubled globally. :cap_yes:

• Funny 1

Players
253 posts
3,631 battles
3 hours ago, woppy101 said:

I have noticed in my Kremlin that a couple of volleys of HE and my secondary’s and AA mounts are 50% gone and a couple more and there all gone, many a time Since the last patch I have checked close to the end of the battle and both my secondary’s and AA have been totally destroyed 

That's intentional.

WG nerfed the crap out of Kremlin's secondaries/AA's survivability awhile back. So while she still has some of the best AA ratings of any BB in the game, it's so vulnerable that if fired upon constantly, it's not uncommon to have almost nothing left for AA protection halfway into the game. 

I have since started taking Auxilliary Armaments Mod 1 on her, but it doesn't really seem to help keep them alive all that much...

Players
257 posts
8,839 battles

Recently one Montana destroyed my 2 front turrets in one salvo. And the third turret destroyed in the next salvo. I have full turret protection build.  Its happening a lot lately. And also the aim is very buggy lately a lot of point blank salvos with all shells falling short. Even at 9-10km.  Much more over pens. In some ships my average damage went down hard with the last patch. 

Players
1,017 posts
3,512 battles
10 hours ago, Communist_Loli said:

It could be. 

I've seen this topic on the NA and steam Forums a couple of times and the Devs came over to reassure everyone that nothing was changed. 

But hey, their words not mine. 

nothing was changed... until someone at WG coding discovers a wee new variable that was set somewhere in newly developed code conflicts with another portion of code in some weird way such that no error or warning message was thrown but still has unexpected consequences in-game.

happened to me when coding php a few times, discovered a few undocumented php behaviors.

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this