Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

Welcome to the brand new development blog

24 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,022 posts
4,217 battles

Commanders!

We are excited to be presenting you with our new development blog website. Here, you will find the most recent news and updates on the development process of World of Warships. 

From now on, all of the most important information will be posted on one website alongside links to all our publications on forums, social media communities, and Reddit.

Good luck and see you in battles!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 14

[CATS]
Players
29,650 posts
15,312 battles

Back to the stone age.

Now I need to watch a site, other than the forum, for news.

The dev blog on the forum allowed you to read about changes very quickly.

• Cool 20

Players
7,517 posts
245 battles

I agree with pete, the ability to have the dev blog here allowed to read up on news fairly quickly and while i don't mind having one on the website. Having one here is highly important since most news is funnelled through the forums and also there is quite some traffic here as well.

• Cool 1

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,076 posts
13,313 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Back to the stone age.

Now I need to watch a site, other than the forum, for news.

The dev blog on the forum allowed you to read about changes very quickly.

But as I understand they'll be still here. But you can choose from the new blog which article and discussion you want to read...

[DK]
Players
259 posts
2,012 battles

ok. so... where are all the news that should be on the new dev blog?

also why?

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
10,755 posts
7,438 battles
1 hour ago, Tanatoy said:

Commanders!

We are excited to be presenting you with our new development blog website. Here, you will find the most recent news and updates on the development process of World of Warships. 

From now on, all of the most important information will be posted on one website alongside links to all our publications on forums, social media communities, and Reddit.

Errr... why...?

Dev blog on forum was much better. Clearly one step backwards

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
3,551 posts
16,307 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Back to the stone age.

Good change though.

Compared to forums, it will keep a chronological order and it will be easier to track if you are not on forums every day.

Compared to fb, it is not on fb.

• Cool 3

Players
547 posts

Thank goodness. I spent lots of time in game and on the forum and still feel I miss a significant amount of relevant info in all the chatter and white noise.

This should be a huge improvement.

[4_0_4]
Players
7,967 posts
14,340 battles
6 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

Commanders!

Could you elaborate why you did this?

I can't recall anyone asking for something like this?

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
6,576 posts
15,046 battles

The cynic in me wonders if they're doing it to avoid situations like the current Moskva one: with the existing set-up, when WG announce that they've done something stupid, they get multiple pages of people pointing out why. This makes more people aware when they mess up.

By doing it this way, perhaps they get to hide the complaints from more casual players in the forum/Reddit, which are populated by a smaller subset of their customers.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,959 posts
22,030 battles
15 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

The cynic in me wonders if they're doing it to avoid situations like the current Moskva one: with the existing set-up, when WG announce that they've done something stupid, they get multiple pages of people pointing out why. This makes more people aware when they mess up.

By doing it this way, perhaps they get to hide the complaints from more casual players in the forum/Reddit, which are populated by a smaller subset of their customers.

Of course they did. I don't see a comment field on that blog, do you?

WG is moving towards one way communication, where no criticism is visible.

• Cool 7

Players
7,517 posts
245 battles
9 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Which if that is the case is highly worrying, i get they may get some speshul requests from time to time, but if it wasn't for any of the rectumstorms that this community produced then things like the version 1 of NTC would still exist and we would probs see lvl 10 stalingrads with 160k hp and 45knots flying around the map.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,758 posts
14,401 battles

If you can correctly name each post with the relevant ships being changed instead of titling every post "Changes to Test Ships" and it has some sort of useable search function; great.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,750 posts
10,878 battles
53 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

If you can correctly name each post with the relevant ships being changed instead of titling every post "Changes to Test Ships" and it has some sort of useable search function; great.

Indeed, as this isn't very convenient:

image.png.f0843b95994bc9b2eabe11a807d4f5ac.png

If you use same thread titles for the sake of saving space, time or what the ** ever, then at least number them, so it's easier to take note and find that it was "Changes to test ships - 13", which told us how Kremlin's AA HP was nerfed by 10 %.

Such numbering isn't maybe the best solution, but still a small, very simple step forward.

• Cool 2

Players
7,517 posts
245 battles
2 hours ago, WolfGewehr said:

Indeed, as this isn't very convenient:

image.png.f0843b95994bc9b2eabe11a807d4f5ac.png

If you use same thread titles for the sake of saving space, time or what the ** ever, then at least number them, so it's easier to take note and find that it was "Changes to test ships - 13", which told us how Kremlin's AA HP was nerfed by 10 %.

Such numbering isn't maybe the best solution, but still a small, very simple step forward.

I would number it after the update it will arrive on with the ship (which means weegee actually has to release it instead of shoving into the bin, knickers, toilet, devhell for god knows how long. Maybe even have a ship as well so 'Kremlin Minor Nerf/s' Or 'Agir Major buffs' then update and ST etc.

[4_0_4]
Players
7,967 posts
14,340 battles

Rly, so now you'll just link the posts here to the devblog site?

One way to create traffic on a site.

• Cool 1

[L123]
Players
101 posts
21,602 battles
On 4/14/2020 at 10:21 PM, Aragathor said:

And this is the only way e can see it. Probably not the only reason but the most annoying one.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,576 posts
15,046 battles
On 4/14/2020 at 4:21 PM, Aragathor said:

I don't believe it will work though; said criticism will still happen, only it'll happen on other platforms on an ad-hoc basis - other platforms that a) WG have zero control over and b) possibly have better page rankings than WG's pages do...

Players
7,517 posts
245 battles
3 hours ago, Verblonde said:

I don't believe it will work though; said criticism will still happen, only it'll happen on other platforms on an ad-hoc basis - other platforms that a) WG have zero control over and b) possibly have better page rankings than WG's pages do...

Yeah, but then they can choose to ignore said feedback now, since they have a hidey hole to run to if they don't want to hear anything.

Im hoping they don't go that way and its simply just another medium for news and to generate traffic on their site but im not having any huge hopes over it too be honest.

• Cool 1

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
3 hours ago, Verblonde said:

said criticism will still happen

True. Especially since there's a Thread on page one of (at least the german and the english section) that basically links to all devblogs and such...

• Cool 1

Players
1,092 posts

Developer Blog mmr at the moment it lets us see things coming that we can do :etc_swear: all about, Probably how the Dinosaurs felt about the Comet really :Smile_sad: