Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
qaryx

Which CA line to go for / Question regarding legendary upgrades

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
4 posts
4,503 battles

Hello everyone,

I came back on the game about 2/3 weeks ago after a 2 years break or so. Obviously I missed a lot of stuff but theres 2 things id love to be sure about.

First is about the trees, Im currently trying to grind :
Pensacola 
Budyonny
Nurnberg

I heard about the Movska going to be premium and if I trade my doubloons + all my free xp, I could get it in worse case ( even tho I wouldnt like to use 400K xp like that).
What are your thought about the TX CA overall ?
I only own Yamato and Zao as TX so well. ( and Zao is nice but not tanky enough to deal with a lot of ships currently ) 

Also second question is about the legendary upgrades, since ive missed them and only heard about them recently, is there any chance that we can get them later on or its pointless to imagine that we have a second chance to get them via missions, campaigns or whatever ?

Thanks for reading.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,571 posts
15,045 battles
11 minutes ago, qaryx said:

Also second question is about the legendary upgrades, since ive missed them and only heard about them recently, is there any chance that we can get them later on or its pointless to imagine that we have a second chance to get them via missions, campaigns or whatever ?

These will apparently be back shortly, via the Research Bureau. Your views on this will depend a bit on whether you want to regrind a line that you've already got to T10 with (also, unless it changes, you have to have got T10 in a minimum number of trees - five? - before you have the option of regrinding).

I'm rubbish at cruisers though, so I'm afraid I won't be much help with the earlier part of your question...

[CHEFT]
Players
12,216 posts
9,841 battles
45 minutes ago, qaryx said:

They are all fairly strong. DM/Moskva/Hindenburg all have pros and cons, but in general, TX Cruisers can all hold their own. Also, not getting the Moskva now wont be the end of it. If you really want it, you roughly have 4 weeks from now till it gets replaced/moved into the Armory so you could focus your grind on the Budyonny, get as far as you can and spent FreeXP on the rest. With 400k FreeXP you can skip T8+9 i think.

Overall, the Moskva replacement is most likely stronger than the Moskva was so... even if you dont get the Moskva, but eventually get the Petropavlovsk, you still have something to enjoy. And moskva gameplay is not necessarily to everyones taste in the first place.

[SHAD]
Players
3,421 posts
14,122 battles

Aim for the Moskva you will have either 4 or 8 weeks to get it so can hopefully get up there quite fast. As @DFens_666 mentions, you are effectively grinding 3 ships up to tier 7 and 2 until tier 10.

Best value for time at the moment.

Players
1,991 posts
14,083 battles
10 hours ago, qaryx said:

Hello everyone,

I came back on the game about 2/3 weeks ago after a 2 years break or so. Obviously I missed a lot of stuff but theres 2 things id love to be sure about.

First is about the trees, Im currently trying to grind :
Pensacola 
Budyonny
Nurnberg

I heard about the Movska going to be premium and if I trade my doubloons + all my free xp, I could get it in worse case ( even tho I wouldnt like to use 400K xp like that).
I only own Yamato and Zao as TX so well. ( and Zao is nice but not tanky enough to deal with a lot of ships currently ) 

Thanks for reading.

Moskva will become a premium soon, so if you can get it now, do it.

As @DFens_666 says, all tier X CA/CLs can hold their own and I don't think there is a clear winner, even counting the premiums (Smolensk is OP russian bias comment coming in 3...2...1...)

Zao has the best possible tankiness in this game, and that's his concealment (and armor scheme) He has more than 2kms on Hindy, for example.

Legendary Upgrades will be available through the RB but the missions you have already initiated will be there for some months also so there is still time to complete them. Moskva's by the way is one of the best.

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles

there is premium camo set for US CA line on sale right now. I have those camos from event. Pensacola is very fun, definition of OP, other ships are strong too. DM is useful for any game mode. Russian cruisers are fun as well, but Moskva is less for randoms more for clan battles. But we don't know if legendary module for Moskva gonna be on sale or not.

Beta Tester
4 posts
4,503 battles

Thanks for the answer guys,

Gonna try to get that Chapayev then probably use free xp to get T9 then T10, I dont know yet if I will enjoy it as much as my Zao but well see , not a waste to get another T10 anyway. Also trying to get baltimore at least quite fast but idk, I dont enjoy that american line so far.

For the legendary upgrades, I can just pray I guess. Definitely need it for my Yamato OwO

Players
431 posts
6,394 battles

Legendary Upgrades also will be reworked in Patch 0.9.5, wich means possible changes to curent ones and possibly new ones.

Sign in to follow this