Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Frijasdottir

Some noob questions

29 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
1,028 battles

Relatively new player here who is a bit confused about a thing or two.

First question regards the expectations my team has in me and my gameplay. I'm only doing co-op and whatever I try I get reported for bad gameplay, quite often at least. I've learnt so far I have to say sorry if somebody torps me, otherwise I get reported. I've also learnt that I should yolo under all circumstances, and that I should yolo under no circumstances whatsoever, otherwise reported. I've learnt I have to personally apologize to every member of my team whenever I dare to sail a premium ship. And I've learnt I have to stop shooting at enemy ships when their hp reaches a certain threshold, otherwise it's kill stealing and has to be reported. Sometimes I'm doing things right as it seems, I earn some compliment. Next game I'm doing more or less exactly the same and get reported. Can anybody explain what I'm supposed to do better? At least give me some basic idea what this compliment/reported thing means?

Second issue I have right now: Just managed to reach tier 5/6. My impression is fun ends at tier 5. In tier 6 most of the time I have to fight tier 8 meaning even bbs outspot my preferred cruisers, I hardly do any damage while getting spanked regardless of distance, angles, whatever I try. Tier 5 on the other hand  is okish, I rarely see tier 7 matches and against tier 7 ships there is a fair chance to fight and win (co-op bots, remember that). But tier 6 vs. tier 8 seems somewhat hopeless to me. So what should I do - stop grinding up the tech tree or will it get better with tier 7 and 8 ships?

Thx in advance.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[CATS]
Players
29,623 posts
15,308 battles
  • When you get reported that much, your problem is not the individual action, but your general performance
  • To be honest, getting reported in CoOp is usually quite hard...
  • Otherwise I can only advise you to ignore reports, they are not important
  • When you cannot handle Tier V+, please stay at Tier IV or below
  • Play different ship classes, learn the maps, improve your aiming, learn which ships are dangerous to your ship and how to counter it, that is also the time to clear up anything you do not understand about the game mechanics
  • Have you done that, you can play Tier IV or below in random and when you feel comfortable, you can advance
  • Cool 3

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

Hi there,

Karma  - Negative reports mean absolutely nothing, it is solely a way for players to "blow off steam" and has zero effect in game!

So just ignore them, especially if people are giving you "negative karma" in Co-Op of all things as Co-Op is the ultimate "single player" mode where team work isn't needed at all! Again, those things people would give you ""negative karma" for such as Kill 'stealing' (the whole point of the game is to kill ships), sailing premiums etc, don't matter because "Karma" means nothing in the game so just keep doing what you find enjoyable as the people reporting you aren't the "game police" and their opinions mean absolutely nothing. Just play the game however you find most enjoyable and ignore everyone else.

Uptiering - This is very situational and not a "this works 100%" piece of advice but generally, the more you are down-tiered (so playing T6 vs T8 etc) the more passive you should play, especially against same type ships. So for example a T6 BB shouldn't try to 1v1 a T8 BB and expect to win but the T6 BB can do good damage to a T8 cruiser etc. Again it's VERY situational rather than a set rule so there are lots of situations were a T6 BB CAN win against a T8 BB and it's up to you to gain the experience required (through playing lots) to figure out what works best.

Co-Op - My biggest advice for Co-Op after almost 5k Co-Op games is figuring out the AI's "rules" or more simply, "what will the Bots do in a situation". Once you have those figured out then, because bots AI rules don't change much, Co-Op becomes much more fun.

Here's a few pointers but TBH even if you know nothing, you can still have fun just sailing around sinking ships -

• Bots have a targetting priority so they shoot at CV's 1st, then DD - Cruiser - BB - so if they can see a BB at 6km and a DD at 8km they will shoot at the DD first. This also takes "healthpool" and lower tier into account too so a full health T8 BB at 3km will be ignored to shoot a low health T6 Cruiser at 12km etc. Also regarding targetting, the bots WILL shoot at anything they see, so if YOU are the only thing they see then every single bot in range WILL target you so you can use those two pieces of advice for your own benefit by using "team-mates" (remember, Co-Op is virtually Single Player Mode) to soak up bot damage while you can shoot at the bots without being targetted, by knowing their AI rules.
  • Be aggressive but sensible, charge in but remember the targetting rules so use islands, smoke, other team-mates with worse concealment etc to help you i.e you know a lower tier team-mate is shooting at bots (making him a target) then move to the side so that the bots who are firing back start to give you broadside to shoot at them.
  • Look at the mini-map and learn the Bot AI routes for the maps, learn where they usually sail to/from so you plan how best to ambush them.
  • The bots AI has a built in "Nearest Ship Direction" function (like the RPF captain skill) so if you are the nearest ship to a bot, and no other human ships are detected, then the bot WILL head straight for you (bow in). So again, using what you know about targetting rules, if a team mate is infront of you then the bots will also know which direction to sail in to intercept them, and because YOU know that you can figure out what route the bots will take to intercept your team mate meaning YOU can now plan a route to get broadside shots into them.

• Cool 6

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,912 posts
25,890 battles
55 minutes ago, Frijasdottir said:

First question regards the expectations my team has in me and my gameplay. I'm only doing co-op and whatever I try I get reported for bad gameplay, quite often at least. I've learnt so far I have to say sorry if somebody torps me, otherwise I get reported. I've also learnt that I should yolo under all circumstances, and that I should yolo under no circumstances whatsoever, otherwise reported. I've learnt I have to personally apologize to every member of my team whenever I dare to sail a premium ship. And I've learnt I have to stop shooting at enemy ships when their hp reaches a certain threshold, otherwise it's kill stealing and has to be reported. Sometimes I'm doing things right as it seems, I earn some compliment. Next game I'm doing more or less exactly the same and get reported. Can anybody explain what I'm supposed to do better? At least give me some basic idea what this compliment/reported thing means?

Second issue I have right now: Just managed to reach tier 5/6. My impression is fun ends at tier 5. In tier 6 most of the time I have to fight tier 8 meaning even bbs outspot my preferred cruisers, I hardly do any damage while getting spanked regardless of distance, angles, whatever I try. Tier 5 on the other hand  is okish, I rarely see tier 7 matches and against tier 7 ships there is a fair chance to fight and win (co-op bots, remember that). But tier 6 vs. tier 8 seems somewhat hopeless to me. So what should I do - stop grinding up the tech tree or will it get better with tier 7 and 8 ships?

Thx in advance.

not did read it through now, but there u go:

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/108493-how-to-get-good-at-world-of-warships-the-unicum-guide-for-everything/

to be found in the forums game guides section(/general guides):

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/forum/496-game-guides/

and ofc there's the newcomers section:

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/forum/174-newcomers-section/

may check out yt channels from streamers as well if interested. 4 sure dont care about karma or generic internet flame ingame in the 1st place.

[NECRO]
Players
2,419 posts
Vor 49 Minuten, Frijasdottir sagte:

My impression is fun ends at tier 5.

I share that impression. Beyond T5 you will run into more and more fantasy ships and weird mechanics, like island penetrating radar - and an ever increasing number of clueless greenhorns riding high-priced premium ships or revisionists in their blyatmobiles. Fortunately, coop is still fun in contrast to PvP, and I don't mind playing low-mid tiers to earn credits.

• Cool 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,216 posts
9,841 battles
33 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

To be honest, getting reported in CoOp is usually quite hard... 

These days, happens all the time...

- Get torped from behind ":etc_swear::etc_swear: WHY YOU BLOCK MY TORPS" <-- this really happens on a regular basis now

- Killing a ship "[edited]KILLSTEALER" <-- not that often, but can happen occasionally

- Someone ramming you and refuse to slow down, always someone elses fault

Those are the most common imo.

• Cool 5

[SM0KE]
Players
6,571 posts
15,045 battles
55 minutes ago, Frijasdottir said:

First question regards the expectations my team has in me and my gameplay. I'm only doing co-op and whatever I try I get reported for bad gameplay, quite often at least.

Quite frequently, expectations can be summarised as 'unrealistic'; the best thing you can do is focus on your own play, study your evolving statistics, and try and reinforce what works well, and fix whatever doesn't. Don't worry about karma - it does nothing (although you can get a chat ban if enough people report you for misbehaviour in chat, regardless of whether you did actually misbehave); especially don't worry in Coop - it's essentially a sandbox mode. Probably take Ops a bit more seriously, but Coop is pretty much a free-for-all.

58 minutes ago, Frijasdottir said:

Just managed to reach tier 5/6. My impression is fun ends at tier 5. In tier 6 most of the time I have to fight tier 8

Tier 5 often presents a bit of a wall for newer players: this is the point where you lose the protective MM, and start facing +2 MM opponents; whilst it's a lot easier in Coop than randoms, it's still not idiot-proof and you do face the same problems that a random player would e.g. play style needs to change when uptiered, mistakes are more severely punished, and having a not good enough captain puts you at a disadvantage.

Key advice is to not rush up the tiers; at time of writing, you are showing 551 battles only - this is very few (especially when they're in Coop). That's not to say that it makes you unworthy (quite the reverse, since you're on here asking for advice), but rather it makes you vulnerable simply because you don't yet have a full grasp of all of the game's intricacies and mechanics. Take your time, and play as many different ship types as possible (on that subject, most of your games are in cruisers, and most of those in RN cruisers, which makes your life even harder as the RN cruisers are most certainly not easy mode); besides making the game more varied, it's easier to counter a given ship type if you know what the buggers can/can't do and what they're trying to do.

Most of the best/fun ships in the game are Tier 5 and above, so the fun doesn't end with the transition to T5 and beyond, but rather the skill requirement increases (and it's even harder to get away with only having fast reflexes).

You're already in a clan - see if there are people available to division with; they'll be able to provide real time feedback on what you're doing and help you improve. Also, keep asking questions on here - there are usually plenty of people about who'll be happy to help.

• Cool 3

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,125 posts
14,348 battles

OP - post some replays and some experienced cruiser players may be able to offer some suggestions.

Players
3,037 posts

There's a weird crowd invading wows rn, due to covid19. People angry and frustrated -that play WOWs like another game and have a very different personality than the one we were used to. Dont get discouraged. While things in randoms are kinda worse, co op and since you are at t6 operations (a fantastic mode where I spent most my time now and you should really visit) does get better. People are generally more calm higher up unless they hunt objectives lol and they can also upvote. But for better gameplay (Not saying you will not get yelled at or even get a team of lobsters) try operations. People there are mixed and you find the occasional experienced player that can help or even congratulate your gut plays.

unless you arse it up ofc haha :D

• Cool 1

Players
7,234 posts
11,665 battles
1 hour ago, Frijasdottir said:

Second issue I have right now: Just managed to reach tier 5/6. My impression is fun ends at tier 5. In tier 6 most of the time I have to fight tier 8 meaning even bbs outspot my preferred cruisers, I hardly do any damage while getting spanked regardless of distance, angles, whatever I try.

Nothing wrong with that - especially since you are still very new to the game. Stay on the tiers / ships you prefer most and keep on playing them. Its not like you miss anything just by forcing yourself up the tiers. As time comes, youll get better, gain more experiance and maybe enjoy higher tiers then aswell. The high tiers have a different kind of gameplay. Aou need to get used to it and bring a certain amount of experiance with you - aswell as on the captains on your ships - to be able to cope with that. give it some time.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
5,559 posts
22,154 battles
3 hours ago, Frijasdottir said:

Thx in advance

Some hints about how to be - kinda - happy in game:

• turn off the chat. Really, you don't need it in CoOp or even in random battles...
  • stay at the tier you like (as @ForlornSailor wrote above) because the gameplay doesn't get better on higher tiers.. rather the opposite

• Bad 2

[-TPF-]
Players
4,464 posts
18,486 battles

Hello @Frijasdottir - I think we were in the same game last night, I noticed the name. You were in Warspite and doing just fine. 

Even Co-op is in a weird place at the minute. WG must be delighted with the new players but new players also means a lot of people learning on the job (and not doing it well) and not understanding the way the community works. So you can't rely on players supporting you in game, or even engaging the red ships when they should, or understanding not to shoot torpedoes from the second line, or not to give broadside, or.... any of that sort of thing. And they are really trigger happy with the report function (although some are also handing out lots of compliments, which is nice). 

In terms of cruisers - plan your escape. The thing to realise is that the co-op bots know where the closest ship is, and they are just waiting for the order to fire - that'll be when you get detected. It's really easy to get focused, and if you're in a cruiser and you have to turn away, that's when you'll take citadel hits. 

But the bots are also predictable. So you know they will yolo, and they tend to follow the same routes on each map. Plan accordingly. Approach at an angle, turn away early if you have to, and vary your speed as much as your course. 

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
424 posts
13,144 battles
7 hours ago, Frijasdottir said:

Thx in advance.

Ask some of your more experienced clan members to division up with you and get real time advice/support in game so you get real time feedback on your performance. We do it all the time and we've turned around a few potatoes into active clan members.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,040 posts
9,328 battles
12 hours ago, Frijasdottir said:

Thx in advance.

Ignore Karma.

Karma is entirely Meaningless.

It has no Effect on you to have 0 Karma. And getting Reported by People can happen regardless of you doing Good or Bad.

People usually Report you when you do anything they dont like or dont do something they want you to do.

For Example. As a CV you will Generally be Reported the moment the Enemy CV Bombs someone. Because everyone wants you to Spam useless Fighters on them even tough these are not really Protecting anything and are Limited. Hence better used for Spotting.

You will also Generally be Reported for Playing CVs because 90% of the Community hates CVs right now.

As you Correctly noticed. If you stay behind and dont Die Fast. You get Reported for Camping. If you go Forward and Die Fast. You get Reported for Yoloing. Even if you go Forward and dont Die but Kill everything in the way you will be Reported for Stealing these Bot Kills that others wanted.

It really doesnt matter. You will be Reported.

The only way to get Positive Karma is to make People like you. For example as a CV. If you Drop someone Useless Fighters all the Time. That can often make them like you. Because even tough its entirely useless. They feel like your trying to Protect them and will sometimes give you a Like.

But its a waste of time.

As for the Tiers.

At T5 you start getting the 2 Tiers Range MM. So you can See Ships up to 2 Tiers Higher than you.

On T5 you can see T7. On T6 you can See T8.

T8 also is a very Bad thing there. Because T8 is where the Stuff really Starts getting Different. Alot of new Abilities, Game Mechanics and Advantages get Introduced. From Radar to 32mm Bow Armor that wont be Overmatched by anything but Yamato.

But dont worry. Its a bit Annoying. But once you get T8 yourself. The Problem solves itself because your back on the Full Mechanics and have these ABilities yourself.

12 hours ago, ColonelPete said:
  • When you get reported that much, your problem is not the individual action, but your general performance
  • To be honest, getting reported in CoOp is usually quite hard...
  • Otherwise I can only advise you to ignore reports, they are not important
  • When you cannot handle Tier V+, please stay at Tier IV or below
  • Play different ship classes, learn the maps, improve your aiming, learn which ships are dangerous to your ship and how to counter it, that is also the time to clear up anything you do not understand about the game mechanics
  • Have you done that, you can play Tier IV or below in random and when you feel comfortable, you can advance

True ^^ But your General Performance can be Unicum to Potato and you will still get Reported ^^

Nah. Its actually quite easy. I play Coop once in a while in between. Especially when I want to Test something that would be Suicide in Randoms or that Requires a certain Situation you dont get that easy in Randoms.

As well as of course often Farming certain Missions in Coop which are just much faster there for Events.

And I get Reported in Coop quite alot. Effectively each time I kill 2-3 Ships I get Reported because someone felt Entitled that it was their Kill. If I die I get reported for Yolo. If I camp back I get reported for Camping. And when my Team was so ***** that they managed to get themselves killed by the Bots without managing to Inflict Damages I will even get Reported for killing the Bots alone by playing Carefully over the Map. Because I needed 15 minutes for that and they dont get their Ship Back fast enough.

It really doesnt matter. Some People just will Report you.

True

Bullcrab. Stop telling this Rubbish to People.

You learn absolutely nothing at T4. T4 is Yolo Mania on both Sides and does not Teach you anything.

If you want to Learn the Game Play on T6 and T8 because thats where you actually Start seeing Teams that try to Win and thus Teach you Situational and Tactical Awareness of the Battle.

Everyone his own. Playing Different Classes is good to get a Viewpoint from Different angles. But nothing wrong with learning one Class Properly first either. Just a matter of Personal Fun.

Again. Stop telling People to Stay Potato in Low Tiers. It just Breeds Potatoes. Because in T4 you learn nothing.

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
29,623 posts
15,308 battles
9 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Bullcrab. Stop telling this Rubbish to People.

You learn absolutely nothing at T4. T4 is Yolo Mania on both Sides and does not Teach you anything.

If you want to Learn the Game Play on T6 and T8 because thats where you actually Start seeing Teams that try to Win and thus Teach you Situational and Tactical Awareness of the Battle.

4. When they do not feel comfortable and do not have fun, they get frustrated and learn NOTHING!

You can only learn something when you have the basics. There is a reason most kids do not start school at 6th grade, even if some could do it.

From what he describes, he has serious issues with the game. He has NO fun on Tier V. That is all the reason to stop playing there!

• Cool 2

[THESO]
4,040 posts
9,328 battles
14 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

4. When they do not feel comfortable and do not have fun, they get frustrated and learn NOTHING!

You can only learn something when you have the basics. There is a reason most kids do not start school at 6th grade, even if some could do it.

From what he describes, he has serious issues with the game. He has NO fun on Tier V. That is all the reason to stop playing there!

Except T6 is not 6th Grade. Its 1st Grade.

T4 is friggin Kindergarten and Teches you nothing. Its just a place to load you off while your not useful.

T4 doesnt teach you the Basics.

Because in T4  pretty much all Mechanics are Disabled.

Angling ? Yeah for what. BBs just Overmatch each other left and right and with majority of your guns having so limited  angles that they cant shoot most of time your often better of sailing mostly broadside anyways.

Bowtanking ? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAH Yeah with 16mm Bow......

Citadelling Cruisers ? Maybe. Sometimes. But entirely Regardless of Angle to be Honest. You get as much Citadels on Cruisers that Turned as you get when they are full Broadside.

Torpedoes ? DDs 90% of the time cannot really Stealth Torp here. And 90% of the Players dont know how to Torp properly either.

Consumables ? Nope most of these dont Exist here.

CVs and AA ? Nope. No Fighters, Barely AA and CVs are basicly Free Mode with little Resistance but also very slow.

You cannot Learn the Basics in T4. The Earliest Mode where you can Learn some of the Basics is T5. Which would be about Pre School if you Categorize it with the Schooling System.

T6 then is where School actually Starts and you can Learn Reading and Writing and Basic Math. And T6 is also the Earliest Place where you should Stay till your Comfortable with Advancing. Because T6 is where you actually really Learn the Basics of the Game.

You Start having the first Experience with what you can Bowtank and what you cant. You Start having the first Taste of actual CVs in the Game. You Start having the First Consumables Affecting Gameplay. You Start having the First Guns and Armor Schemes that actually Allow Cruisers to Bait and Tank Shells but also start Punishing them Hard if they Show Flat Broadside because their Armor starts being Strong enough to Bounce stuff when Angled but also to Activate the Fuse when they are not Angled.

Its also where most DDs Start being Stealth Torping Teaching DDs to stay Hidden rather than Play Gunboat. And Teach other Ships to watch out for Torps that arent effectively Launched from within a Distance where they Pop up as Markers 2 Seconds after they were Launched....

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
29,623 posts
15,308 battles
24 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Angling ? Yeah for what. BBs just Overmatch each other left and right and with majority of your guns having so limited  angles that they cant shoot most of time your often better of sailing mostly broadside anyways.

Then feel free to sail around broadside in low Tier all the time! :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[THESO]
4,040 posts
9,328 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Then feel free to sail around broadside in low Tier all the time! :Smile_facepalm:

Doing that to be Honest.  Currently looking to Start the US BB Line. So have been Playing a few Low Tier Matches Lately.

4.thumb.jpg.1d75bfec08e6606fede4458183f632c1.jpg

Seems to Work I think.

You know how Hard I laugh when some Guy with a Clantag which seems to be Regrinding a Line. Comes at me and Tries to Bowtank my 305mm Guns with his Genius 19mm Bow ?

305mm Guns Overmatch 21mm of Armor. So that Giant 19mm stuff being Angled only means I get Full Pens instead of Overpens thanks to him Angling.

Well. Except Gangut of Course. Because its Russian. And Wargaming saw Fit giving at a Better Armored Bow than even any Tier 10 Ship in the Game gets. With 75mm General Nose Plating. 38mm Nose Deck Plating and 125mm Icebreaker.

Allowing that Ship to even Bowtank Yamato lol.........

Thanks to Overmatch Mechanics. Angling is unfortunately more often than not a Double Edged Sword in T4.

And as a BB its often better to Rely on your Thick Armor Belt to Shatter Incoming Shells. Rather than trying to Bounce them at an Angle and Exposing your Overmatchable Armor for Full Pens.

Likeweise. As a Cruiser its often better to Show Broadside and hope for Overpens. Than to Angle off and getting Blapped by Guaranteed Full Pens while having no real Increase Citadel Protection just because you hope that this Tiny 60mm Plate somewhere in the Center of your Belt is Hit by a Shell which then Bounces off....

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
390 posts
12,519 battles

First question regards the expectations my team has in me and my gameplay. I'm only doing co-op and whatever I try I get reported for bad gameplay, quite often at least.

That's odd. I'm only doing co-op and pretty much never got reported. It surprises me that you have a whole different experience. 

I've learnt so far I have to say sorry if somebody torps me, otherwise I get reported.

If somebody torps you, it's their responsability. The least they can do is apologize. I always report players who do friendly fire and do not apologize for it. 

I've also learnt that I should yolo under all circumstances, and that I should yolo under no circumstances whatsoever, otherwise reported.

Depending on your ship, yolo could be a decent tactic in some situations in co-op. In general, the only people I see reported is those being completey AFK, hiding all the way at the edge of the map, doing insults or friendly fire. I've never seen people reported for doing yolo or taking a more cautious approach (while still taking part in battle) in co-op games.

I've learnt I have to personally apologize to every member of my team whenever I dare to sail a premium ship. And I've learnt I have to stop shooting at enemy ships when their hp reaches a certain threshold, otherwise it's kill stealing and has to be reported.

Odd, I've never received negative comments about me sailing premium ships, even though I do sail them pretty often. And kill stealing is a pretty silly thing in team games. The only good enemy is a dead one, no matter who got the kill. It's a tad strange the game rewards you for taking out the last hp though. I've never received reports for such a thing.

Sometimes I'm doing things right as it seems, I earn some compliment. Next game I'm doing more or less exactly the same and get reported. Can anybody explain what I'm supposed to do better? At least give me some basic idea what this compliment/reported thing means?

No I can't, it just makes no sense to me. Feel free to contact me in game so we can division up and do some co-op games together. 

Meh, just have fun. Tier 6 can still do some damage versus tier 8. Bots mostly seem to prefer the target nearest to them, you can use that to their advantage. Plus, you don't really need to survive the battle. If you can take out a tier 8 enemy ship while sacrificing your tier 6 boat, that sounds like a win to me. A tier 6 torpedo still hurts a tier 8 ship, fires and floods do damage based upon hp of a ship, so setting a tier 8 ship afire is always nice. Plus, any shot fired at you is a shot not fired at your team mates. A tier 6 destroyer could keep a tier 8 ship occupied for a while. And well, if you fail, so be it. Back to port and on to the next battle. 

I hope things will improve for you though. It really surprised me that your co-op experience is so much different than mine. I can't understand why. 

[AMOK]
Players
1,966 posts
8,688 battles
Vor 17 Stunden, Frijasdottir sagte:

Thx in advance.

Some more or less useful tips were posted. Get in to the mechanics and watch some guides and CCs on youtube for example.

There is a huge problem at the moment. Normally i would advice you to play random battles on T3-4 and come back in 4 weeks so that there is a hint if you understood the game and someone can give you more detailed advice. But the problem is that T4 is mostly unplayable and no healthy environment for new players due to the presence of CVs. At T5 u get in the situation that you actually start to have AA and are a bit more durable. So go for T5 is my advice but do it in random battles as Coop teaches you nothing.

What you described regarding other players is normal at the moment, sadly. A lot of big mouthed a*shats around these days. Ignore reports as they are useless and do nothing. Don't communicate with idiots. Iirc chat reports don't work if you don't post, so no chat ban. Pick ships you like and get used to them. Research their characteristics and how to play them. The fun comes the moment you start to play them succesfully.

Last tip. Have a backup game. Something you really enjoy and maybe something that is singleplayer. Turning WoWs of if it gets to frustrating is often the best possibility before it gets you to uninstall the game.

Once you understand the game and its mechanics the higher tiers can be really funny. As long as you don't meet to many players that don't listen to advices^^

Vor 4 Stunden, ColonelPete sagte:

As i read from his comment he has serious issues with players not the game. Did you even read? He wrote T5 is OK. But he struggles getting uptiered with T6. And he is maybe unsure because of a stupid report system while getting reports for everything. Since he is only playing coop its difficult to tell what he knows and what doesn't. Coop isn't teaching you anything but to deal with rushing enemies. But let's be honest T3-4 isn't doing that too. Not more than movement and ballistics. You can pray for not getting focused by CV and thats it.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
29,623 posts
15,308 battles
1 minute ago, Donar79 said:

As i read from his comment he has serious issues with players not the game. Did you even read? He wrote T5 is OK. But he struggles getting uptiered with T6. And he is maybe unsure because of a stupid report system while getting reports for everything. Since he is only playing coop its difficult to tell what he knows and what doesn't. Coop isn't teaching you anything but to deal with rushing enemies. But let's be honest T3-4 isn't doing that too. Not more than Coop and movement and ballistics. You can pray for not getting focused by CV and thats it.

17 hours ago, Frijasdottir said:

My impression is fun ends at tier 5.

Btw. playing Tier V means facing Tier VI and VII...

[AMOK]
Players
1,966 posts
8,688 battles
Vor 17 Stunden, Frijasdottir sagte:

Vor 2 Minuten, ColonelPete sagte:

Btw. playing Tier V means facing Tier VI and VII...

Right. But this wasn't his or her perception. He or she put it into perspective right after he/she said it. Normally i would second your advice with T4 but did you try that lately.

Players
197 posts
18,280 battles

I've never apologized for being hit by someone else's torps. Though if they do apologize to me I tend to be gracious about it and reply with a "no problem". After all mistakes can happen, I've unintentionally hit team mates myself - and apologized in just about all cases.

Like @Purnylla, I'm surprised at the difference in experience the OP has in co-op matches.

Some players will notice you supporting them, and that can earn you karma. When playing cruisers, I try to protect a destroyer (DD) that's scouting ahead (stay a few km behind) or protect a nearby battleship from being torp'd be enemy destroyers. Using quick-commands, such as "protect that friendly destroyer" or "target that enemy destroyer", shows that you're aware of other team mates situations and are taking action to support them. Though avoid spamming quick-commands as that can be annoying.

Sometimes it is also about recognizing patterns in team mates behaviour to predict what is about to happen and avoid unintended mistakes.

Eg, if a friendly destroyer in front of you suddenly slows down, typically near a cap zone, avoid turning in front of him if you overtake - he'll most likely be about to deploy a smoke screen and will probably be letting off torps to deny that area to enemy ships, even if none are visible. Otherwise, that could get you hit by torps and from the DDs player's perspective could be annoying.

Or if a destroyer overtakes and suddenly turns across your bow, then slow down and prepare to stop - they'll probably be about to lay an arc of smoke for your cruiser to hide behind - I try to use the "Much appreciated, commander" quick command to show appreciation for their team support. Ditto when a friendly battleship blows that enemy cruiser out of the water that was about to finish me off, etc.

And as others have mentioned, you do get a small minority of :etc_swear:s in this game, I tend to just ignore them.

For me fun begins at tier V, and ends around tier VIII, though that's probably just my lack of skill :Smile_hiding: