Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sitronkatt

Hosho; can't have air superiority?

4 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1 post
221 battles

Hi!

I just got the Hosho today and have played some battles in it, and although the ship itself seems fine I have a concern about its airplane loadouts... The one fighter squadron you get at most just doesn't cut it! I have yet to achieve air domination in a single battle; partially because I often go up against t5 or t6 (sometimes even t7) carriers which is basically impossible, but mostly because my single fighter squadron cannot compete against the more common US carriers that usually carry 2.

Having a shot at controlling at least parts of the sky is critical for there to be any point in taking out my TBs; what is happening now is they will spot my TBs on their first run and shoot them down as they atemt to return. My solitary fighter wing cannot hope to compete against the superior number of fighters, all I can do is try to pull the enemy over friendly ships in the hopes AA will do the job for me!

I haven't tried any of the higher tier IJN carriers, is the experience similar there? I'm not a very good player, and am really struggling to see how I am supposed to make due with this ship. Right now the sensible thing to do seems to be to go a TB-only lineup and hope I get paired with a fighter-focused US carrier of the same or higher tier than the enemy carriers. If I'm the lone CV on my team air control is lost regardless, seems better to have some bombers to spare and just try to be sneaky with those instead.

Beta Tester
331 posts
3,225 battles

IJN CV's = Strike prowess

USN CV's = Air Superiority prowess. 

Its all down to balance at the end of the day and to force a particular type of gameplay.

Beta Tester
177 posts
1,543 battles

have stopped playing the carriers now if its same tier have good chance but against higher tier no hope had a game where I had no planes left was all shot down since that haven't bothered playing carriers anymore .

this does need some attention

Beta Tester
331 posts
3,225 battles

have stopped playing the carriers now if its same tier have good chance but against higher tier no hope had a game where I had no planes left was all shot down since that haven't bothered playing carriers anymore .

this does need some attention

True, I tend to go into Coop for a quick fix, but don't stay too long because you develop bad habits. 

Sign in to follow this