Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KillSlim

CV's on Hotspot

22 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
116 posts
2,565 battles

hotspot.png

I like the domination mode but playing as a CV on this map is an absolute nightmare. Once you're spotted in spawn you're immediately shot and often unable to escape. Sailing away to the corner will (duh) corner yourself and there's no cover, just open water. You sail to the centre you're going to get shot. Sailing to any of the island clusters will get yourself shot because there are always going to be a few enemies coming from there, and you're preventing how you can escape because it's a set of channels/corridors, making yourself vulnerable to torpedoes (and TB/DB) especially. 

Unless your team decides to gang up and steam roll one of the enemy spawns, which is probably the best tactic I've seen on this map because it results in the enemy team losing around half their ships; this map is a complete nightmare for carriers. As high tier ships boast long range, they pummel you within a short amount of time after being spotted.

Have any other CV captains experienced the same? 

Beta Tester
1,160 posts
377 battles

CV captains call this map "Hot Sh*t", I played it 3 times in Ranger today... with fighter deck... with no enemy CV... Because... WG thinks that making US carriers more air dominance oriented is a good idea and then they put us into this garbage MM.

But you are right, if enemy team is at least bit competent, you will be spotted after 2 minutes and all japanese BBs will be shelling you all the time. Lots of manouvering can help, you will take some dmg, but you can survive - IF your team is compotent enough to win one side quickly. Lots of fun with fighter deck.

Edited by DtXpwnz

[PRAVD]
Community Contributor
1,828 posts
7,180 battles

On this map in a CV I tell everyone to attack a corner and ping it and then go with the rest of the team hoping nobody actually shoots me. That's literally it. If we all attack a corner that I told them to attack we'll steamroll that and I can hide in that quadrant for the rest of the game.

The worse part is that some ships can essentially fire at you right from spawn or almost fire at you from spawn.

Beta Tester
116 posts
2,565 battles

The worse part is that some ships can essentially fire at you right from spawn or almost fire at you from spawn.

I've experienced this, it's a horrible problem as you can't avoid it when it happens. 

Alpha Tester
2,271 posts
1,040 battles

The worst part is when your corner (where you are spawned) is attacked from both direction and you simply can't follow the main group and you are simply a target.

When the enemy have 2 CVs and they both send their squadrons your way it's very fun too.

So this X spawn is great for everyone, but the carriers, that's disaster in many cases and you always try to hide and survive instead of enjoying the battles like rest of the team...

Beta Tester
1,160 posts
377 battles

CVs need lot more changes, especially to MM :)

imo...

Fix tier spread of CVs, or major fighter DPS per tier rebalance

+100% exp gain for shooting down planes and/or experience for spotting damage

No battles against 0 enemy carriers for USN CVs when using fighter deck

equal numbers of IJN and USN carriers per team (no 2xIJN vs 2xUSN as I am seeing now)

Remove Hot Sh*t from CV map pool, or remove it completely.

AP bombs for DBs

Nerf to USN BBs turn radiuses

Edited by DtXpwnz

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,561 battles

Wow, commented on this in another thread. Should have checked here first it seems.

But I agree. The map itself is not too bad, it is a nice difference, and could really by great even for CVs, those little narrow channels are awesome not just for ambushes by DDs an cruisers, but also for catching enemies with nowhere to turn. Of course that comes with the price of being totally gankable. That would be fair enough, in a regular setting. With the X setup the map sucks. You can't run anywhere essentially, and you start very close to enemy ships. Too close. You aren't even likely to find much support from your team as they tend to split up ever so nicely. Even in Domination you are at great risk as the fleets converge on the same spot from all directions. That means if you follow your team in, you are suddenly in range of every ship the enemy has, and nothing is more gratifying to cruisers and DDs than taking down a carrier quick and easy. That is if none of them decides to try a flank attack. So even the best mode is pretty bad for carriers.

The worst part? It breaks divisions. Even if you have such a great friend, who is willing to practically be your guard dog, and protect you from flankers, he might very well start out on the other side of the map. Chance are that he won't make it in time as he not only have further to go than the enemies, he will also have to pass their center of attention. This splitting of divisions is bad enough in non-CV play, and enough to mark it as a bad map, but with CV play it becomes not just terrible but downright unpleasant to play.

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
5,468 battles

So this X spawn is great for everyone, but the carriers, that's disaster in many cases and you always try to hide and survive instead of enjoying the battles like rest of the team...

I didn't exactly like it in my slow-turret cruisers as well. I agree that the X spawn should be changed. The map is slightly too big (for tier 5/6) but that's my opinion.

Beta Tester
116 posts
2,565 battles

[edited]

The map image was inserted for a reference so that my points made sense. I severely doubt anyone could accurately recall the fine details of such a new map without googling it. 
Edited by BigBadVuk

Alpha Tester
2,299 posts
1,085 battles

This was my reply to the moderation.

I posted anime girl flipping a finger as my reaction to playing hot spot on CV. After that I wrote 3 sentences why I feel that way. Moderation decided to delete everything instead of just deleting "inappropriate content."

Beta Tester
116 posts
2,565 battles

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Does anyone have suggestions on how to change Hotspot? 

Alpha Tester
2,271 posts
1,040 battles

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Does anyone have suggestions on how to change Hotspot? 

Normal spawn like all other maps for example without reworking the map.

Or reworking it with spawning the CVs back and giving them islands to hide behind them.

Also only 1 spawn is working as it should under the current rules...

2hge4ci.jpg

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,561 battles

Normal spawns can work in several ways.

Top vs Bottom with a bit of reshuffling the northern islands as they are bigger and split the team more. Left vs Right can also work, but require more work, and quite honestly the map isn't as good in that direction as top-bottom. An alternative would be to play diagonally. It would work if the spawns were pulled back a bit and perhaps the map was extended 1-2km out to make sure nobody spawns right in front of islands.

Edited by Unintentional_submarine

Players
465 posts
6,282 battles

the map in general is awful it either needs to be enlarged or spawn points changed example: Im in my ibuki I got spotted by enemy dd and taking fire from both sides, its fair to say the battle ddint last too long for me. Its a nice idea having multiple battles over the map with the "X" spawing but its too small for that, Throw in domination mode and its full on carnage 

Beta Tester
38 posts
472 battles

:izmena: great map but for low tiers it is to small for hight tiers becouse in bb you can shoot at allmost whole map, afther first min everyone is spoted and than it gets to rng, it can use as high tier map if spawn goes normal not X MODEL :B

Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
817 battles

From forum rules:

2.8 Discussing disciplinary actions

This category includes:
1. Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player in game or on the forums
2. Creating posts or threads to discuss moderators or moderator decisions and actions
If a member is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:
• Be given a temporary ban from the World of Warships forums, depending upon severity

Off topic posts are removed - get back on track please

Beta Tester
116 posts
2,565 battles

:izmena: great map but for low tiers it is to small for hight tiers becouse in bb you can shoot at allmost whole map, afther first min everyone is spoted and than it gets to rng, it can use as high tier map if spawn goes normal not X MODEL :B

I  agree, this map is surprisingly small for what WG want it to be, which is a high tier map.

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,561 battles

You know, now that you guys mention it, it would probably be a great map at the lower tiers rather than the higher tiers as it is now.

But I still think the X spawns are faulty. Do like the other aspects quite a bit though.

Beta Tester
295 posts
65 battles

Love this map, nothing wrong with it at all... would have had 8 kills but kill steals :/

shot-15.05.17_20.15.45-0798.jpg

Many make mistake of thinking both sides push same side, that never works as enemy thinks same so you always engage one side anyway, trick (no one listens though) is to meet in the middle first and then push north or south , this way you outnumber them unless they do the same (unlikely) in which steel cemetery (IMO ofc)

shot-15.05.17_20.15.45-0798.jpg

Edited by _SeamanStaines_

Beta Tester
38 posts
472 battles

:P this map sucks so hard that is almost imposible to describe it in words, first X spawn metod maybee work for low tier ships with smaler view range, for hight tiers afther 30 seconds all ships on map are spoted and full map is covered in range pure and simple retarded way. No cover no balance total fail. X spawn should work for max tier 5-6, and for high tier it should be normal spawn. with bb,s on map you start moving and first shells start hiting , middle is suicide for bb,s and staying out you get focused from 2 sides. for me map in this way is total fail and needs some hard work, same as domination mode wtf 20-21 knots ships and domination mode from spawn to each side 6-7 min is gone no chance to react or respond to any situation on map pure fail , team with more dd,s in most cases wins so if you dont go suicide with bb,s or cruiser in middle you cant do nothing on map at all becouse you cant see dd,s and from more than 6-7km is imposible to hit them. There should be option like in wot do you want to play this mode or not for me it is game killer becouse most dont get that you need to cap and most games are over in first 5-6min and with bb,s you dont even get near action so it is imposible to do  anything about and change outcome of the game :medal:

Sign in to follow this