Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mooncatt

Destroyer annoying sound

20 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
63 posts
328 battles

hey all, im sure this has been asked before but i cant find it. Is there any way to turn down or turn off the annoying noise that the torp launcher rotation makes on the DDs? i mean it sounds like a cat thats had something shoved up its backside. The sound is constant as im always looking around and its becoming just unbearable!

• Cool 3

[T_I_W]
Beta Tester
147 posts
12,623 battles

Agreed. Was going to post the same. It's very annoying. ..

[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
5,339 posts
1,891 battles

why do you look around with torps selected? guns and torps looks at to same direction so...

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,340 posts
3,342 battles

hey all, im sure this has been asked before but i cant find it. Is there any way to turn down or turn off the annoying noise that the torp launcher rotation makes on the DDs? i mean it sounds like a cat thats had something shoved up its backside. The sound is constant as im always looking around and its becoming just unbearable!

How do you know what a cat with something shoved up its backside sound like? :amazed:

:ohmy:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
332 posts
214 battles

and don't forget the gun sounds... most annoying in USN destroyers as you're firing your guns so bloody often -.-

Weekend Tester
49 posts
6,411 battles

Wtf are you ninnies whining about. New sounds are great! I love em! All of em. Well except for the engine/screws. I'm not hearing thousands of tons of steel being violently pushed through the waves.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
97 posts
520 battles

Agreed. Was going to post the same. It's very annoying. ..

Indeed.

It is rapidly putting me off playing DD's until they fix this....its like nails on a blackboard....

Beta Tester
18 posts
1,591 battles

and don't forget the gun sounds... most annoying in USN destroyers as you're firing your guns so bloody often -.-

American DD gun sounds are the best in the world and should stay like that for ever and ever

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Weekend Tester
397 posts
5,148 battles

I always play with the camera zoomed right out and listen via a headset so I have the sound levels slightly down, I never hear the launchers turn.  What gets me is that damn message when you turn on/turn off your AA guns lol.

Beta Tester
10 posts
483 battles

Damn wish I had not read this post....I cannot get the image of a cat with a hair dryer shoved up its backside noise !  every time I play a DD..when in torp mode...

I do like the new sounds though....meeoww:D

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,679 posts
5,569 battles

They seem to be different per DD. The sims was a low mechanical sound. The minekaze makes me think of an ewok purring and is much louder. I'll frequently sail around with the torps selected since i'm unlikely to use the guns on the minekaze

Beta Tester
46 posts
113 battles

Ok, maybe not a cat having something shoved up its back passage. But it is nearly as annoying as listening to my ex mother in law........ and trust me that is bloody annoying. Also you dont need to have Torps selected, you get the noise from the guns as well.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
7,323 battles

Stronk necromancy there... how did you even find it?

Although I do agree, the NEW sounds for module damage hurt my ears.

[S_C]
Beta Tester
83 posts
3,938 battles

Talk about gun sounds - the Gremmy doesn't so much 'Blam!' it's more of a 'Phut!' - Very strange :amazed:

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Talk about gun sounds - the Gremmy doesn't so much 'Blam!' it's more of a 'Phut!' - Very strange :amazed:

I think they've now twice downgraded that sound effect more and more toward some compressed air using blowgun.

Sign in to follow this