You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST - Soviet cruisers branch split

737 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,538 posts
3,836 battles

Commanders, in Update 0.9.5 there will be a soviet cruiser branch split. Due to the entirety of the current branch except Moskva consisting of light cruisers, Moskva will be replaced in the branch by the light cruiser Alexander Nevsky and will herself become a special ship for Coal. Apart from that, cruiser Kirov will be replaced in the branch by Kotovsky and become a premium ship. 

Details of the upcoming changes:

• Cruiser Moskva will get the "special" status. It means that base cost of the ship's post-battle service will be reduced from 180 000 to 90 000 credits and you will be able to assign commanders from other ships of the same nation without penalty or retraining.
  • Players who currently have Moskva researched but not yet bought or have her sold will get Moskva. 
  • If the soviet cruiser branch was reset, a bonus to Research points will be applied to cruiser Alexander Nevsky. 
  • The Unique Upgrade or the mission for it, as well as all purchased permanent camouflages, will remain on Moskva. In case the Type 20 permanent camouflage wasn't purchased, players will get it. 
  • The commander of Moskva will retain his specialization. 
  • Cruiser Alexander Nevsky will be available only when researched and purchased in the tech tree. 
  • The same rules are applied to cruisers Kirov and Kotovsky. 

WG_SPB_WoWs_Infographic_Supertest_USSR_Cruisers_EN_1920x1080 (1).jpg

• Cool 12
  • Bad 13
  • Angry 3

6,130 posts
10,587 battles

Thanks for the clarification. Should be enough time to grind the Moskva then for me.

• Cool 2

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,984 posts
12,205 battles
7 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

The Unique Upgrade or the mission for it, as well as all purchased permanent camouflages, will remain on Moskva. In case the Type 20 permanent camouflage wasn't purchased, players will get it. 

So owners will get a refund for it?

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
3,313 posts
14,445 battles
9 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

(...)

• Players who currently have Moskva researched but not yet bought or have her sold will get Moskva. 
  • If the soviet cruiser branch was reset, a bonus to Research points will be applied to cruiser Alexander Nevsky. 

Will players also get the "special" Moskva if they currently don't have it researched anymore after reset of the line?

And will they then get the Research points for researching Nevsky the first time?

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,286 posts
8,099 battles

Oh thats quite Generous for a Change.

Well unless you Reset the Tree for Research Points as it means these Poor Souls have to Finish Regrind before this Update as otherwise they lose their Moskva I guess.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,521 posts
13,775 battles
10 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

Players who currently have Moskva researched but not yet bought or have her sold will get Moskva.

What about players that already own Moskva, what compensation do they get? Or should I just sell it for 50% of the credits...

The Unique Upgrade or the mission for it, as well as all purchased permanent camouflages, will remain on Moskva. In case the Type 20 permanent camouflage wasn't purchased, players will get it. 

Again, what about players that already own the permacamo?

• Cool 8

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles
11 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:
  • The Unique Upgrade or the mission for it, as well as all purchased permanent camouflages, will remain on Moskva. In case the Type 20 permanent camouflage wasn't purchased, players will get it. 

What about the people who bought the camo ?

Since everyone will get it regardless, does that means a gold refund for people who bought it ?

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,316 posts
10,104 battles

So i can sell moskva and get it again for free after the line split?

12 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

Players who currently have Moskva researched but not yet bought or have her sold will get Moskva.

• Cool 5

Players
10,017 posts
11,798 battles
9 minutes ago, Ashino_Picaku said:

Hello,if I have bought the space camouflage, will I get compensation or return the doubloons?

19 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

all purchased permanent camouflages, will remain on Moskva. In case the Type 20 permanent camouflage wasn't purchased, players will get it.

You will keep it.

19 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

Cruiser Alexander Nevsky will be available only when researched and purchased in the tech tree. 

Available as in, in port (if I have Moskva)? ready to be purchased? ready to be researched?

Whole changelog feels like it was repeatedly google translated, can we get... clearer version @Tanatoy

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
456 posts
7,322 battles

as well as all purchased permanent camouflages, will remain on Moskva.

I sure hope we at least get a refund for the camo(s)?!

Cruiser Alexander Nevsky will be available only when researched and purchased in the tech tree. 

Does this mean you get the Nevsky researched when the Moskva is researched? Or do you need to grind the Donskoi again to 240k XP? That's not really clear to me @Tanatoy

• Cool 8

[A-D-K]
[A-D-K]
Players
13 posts
20,833 battles

So should I re-research the Alexander Nevsky even though I already have the Moskva River? Put the change where the sun never shines.

• Cool 1

Players
5 posts
5,271 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, TheBrut3 sagte:

I sure hope we at least get a refund for the camo(s)?!

Does this mean you get the Nevsky researched when the Moskva is researched? Or do you need to grind the Donskoi again to 240k XP? That's not really clear to me @Tanatoy

u need to grind her.

• Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Players
21 posts
10,112 battles
26 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

The same rules are applied to cruisers Kirov and Kotovsky.

Does that mean that if you haven't got past the Kirov, you have to research the tier 5 all over again? That doesn't exactly seem convenient for lower tier players.

[LEEUW]
Players
96 posts
14,172 battles

So what about if you reset the line before the patch and you happen to have a Moskva with Perma camoflage? Will you still get the Moskva in that case or will you not get it and are stuck with a worthless camo?

[SWYD]
Players
3 posts
9,822 battles
39 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

The Unique Upgrade or the mission for it, ..., will remain on Moskva.

Is there a chance for players who don't already have it to still get it at some point? Or will there be Moskwa players and "2nd class" Moskwa players?

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,521 posts
13,775 battles
Just now, SubaruSama said:

Is there a chance for players who don't already have it to still get it at some point? Or will there be Moskwa players and "2nd class" Moskwa players?

It's in the research buerea for 19200 RPs...

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,984 posts
12,205 battles
3 minutes ago, SubaruSama said:

From friday on it's available in Armory - for 19200 Research-points - which was stated in Patch-Notes. 

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,246 posts
6,535 battles

Will there be some sort of compensation for those who bought the Type 20 camouflage for their Moskva?

EDIT; only goes for the type 20.

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
941 posts
46 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

I spent 5000 doubloons on a permacammo......and now others who didn't, get it for free?

That doesn't sound fair to be honest, as long as we don't get compensated......like permacammo for the new tier X

• Cool 15

[MORIA]
Players
7,341 posts
36,525 battles
2 minutes ago, SirAmra said:

I spent 5000 doubloons on a permacammo......and now others who didn't, get it for free?

That doesn't sound fair to be honest, as long as we don't get compensated......like permacammo for the new tier X

They should give all players who purchased it 5k dubs. Otherwise it's totally unfair.

• Cool 14

Players
7,028 posts
245 battles
28 minutes ago, Dimitri_Petrenko_00 said:

Does that mean that if you haven't got past the Kirov, you have to research the tier 5 all over again? That doesn't exactly seem convenient for lower tier players.

I don't think so, i have the bunny but im assuming if miss kirov is in your port or whatever you should be good to go.

Either way the grind shouldn't take long for her, i hate the bunny atm.

Players
7,028 posts
245 battles

Also how come there is like 3 russian prems at tier 5? Are they different previous versions of the kirov or something?

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,443 posts
15,702 battles

Hi all,

So... if I read this correctly... the only way for "compensating" people who already have "Moskva" and/or "Kirov" is to sell them for Credits before the WoWs v0.9.5 patch arrives... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

[POI--]
Players
22 posts
2,485 battles

So unlike the previous splits, you don't get the replacement ship Petro? And no compensation for people for bought the perma camo already?

Poor scrubs like me that bought BOTH camos.:cap_fainting:

• Cool 2