Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheOneAndOnlyGoldstein

WG screwed shells for BBs

7 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
454 posts
293 battles

So I played a match a while ago with my Fuso, after I failed miserably with the tier 3 US BB when I got torp'd before even getting in range of being able to shoot at something. I aim near max range for a Nagato (no I'm not going to accept "why would you do that" arguments, I played this game long enough to know how to aim to land shots, nor do I use or used lead indicator), I managed to land 3 out of 12 AP shells. I am ok with this, nothing unusual at nearly 20km, but those shots did NO dmg whatsoever. I try that again, now the Nagato got closer to about 17km, shoot again, land another 3, still 0 dmg.

After that volley I switched to HE, see if whatever is going on is real. I reach to shoot at a CV, land 8 hits on it, but the CV takes a measly 4k damage. Switched back to AP after that volley, I shoot a New Mexico from about 14km distance, I land 5 hits but he takes only 6k dmg. I get ganked by other BBs, but before dying I land 10 shots on a Fuso, which does a grand total of 8k dmg.

What the [edited]happened WG? Do explain to me why in the last patch this never happened, and now neither AP nor HE are worth jack crap (on BBs at least)?

Besides that, I talked ingame with other people (those who jumped in the US BB bandwagon) and spotted the same thing: shots, regardless being AP or HE, not doing dmg, from tier 3 to 7.

[OAP]
Beta Tester
3 posts
6,118 battles

It matters where on the ship you hit now. so firing at 20k is very rarley give much damage unless your very lucky.

Alpha Tester
454 posts
293 battles

Armour angling = bounces. Yep, now you have to actually consider the angles when shooting.

He was not angling his armour, his ship was parallel to mine, also the shells came from the top right into where the citadel is supposed to be (so I didn't hit anything heavily armoured like barbettes or turrets). What I do not understand is why before this patch I always did damage, but now no longer.

[BOBS]
[BOBS]
Beta Tester
2 posts
2,012 battles

at least you can fire your guns just loaded up the new tier 3 american bb got into game unable to fire main guns wtf 3 games ive tried

Beta Tester
63 posts
328 battles

i noticed somthing similar in the amagi, shot another amagi 10km out, 5 shells land 200dmg :S RNG for the loss

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

Armour angling = bounces. Yep, now you have to actually consider the angles when shooting.

Indeed, citadel hits are much more rare now, but dmg seems to be at least more consistent (as long as you land a penetrating shot) than it was. Not as high, but more consistent.

There are weird exceptions though, for example Warspite as usual. It plays a lot better than before, mainly because everything else has been nerfed (duh), but armor angling seems off, it's easy to hit its citadel from the front.

Sign in to follow this