Sign in to follow this  
Eddie_Smutje

16 Inch Guns

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
29 posts
2,678 battles

WTF is wrong with those amerikan 16 inch guns ? i played now a few games and it's not possible to hit beyond 15 km without having daym luck. It seems like the gun dissoersion is redicoulusly high for the most accuarate guns of battleship history

Alpha Tester
521 posts
1,343 battles

It's the same with japanese 410 mm, over 14-15 km they dispersion is very high making any hits more a matter of luck than skill. Don't ask me why, it's only an observation. 

Beta Tester
4,099 posts
732 battles

Allow me an observation, wasn't their being the most accurate battleship guns in history based on their being slaved to radar and other technological doodads rather than the actual performance of the gun itself and their shells in the matter of physics?

If that's the case, the situation here might be a little different...

And of course, balance always comes on top.

Edited by Historynerd

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

It's the same with japanese 410 mm, over 14-15 km they dispersion is very high making any hits more a matter of luck than skill. Don't ask me why, it's only an observation. 

Well, sorry to say that, but my amagi ain´t having problems hitting on ranges of 15km - max range. Have yet to get to the US 16 inchers, but i guess it will be somewhat the same. Considering Nagatos 16 inch guns, well, they were unreliable from the start ;)
Edited by Smi2k

Alpha Tester
521 posts
1,343 battles

Mhmm, that's the one funny fact that Amagi using Nagatos guns is much more accurate. 

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

Mhmm, that's the one funny fact that Amagi using Nagatos guns is much more accurate. 

Could only guess, but it might be due to the FCS

And have to say, those US 16" are quite good also, Colorado...well...counterpart to Nagato, so that evens the odds. Posting again, when i finished the grind to North Caro, Iowa and Monty 

Sign in to follow this