Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OldschoolGaming_YouTube

Any new steel ships announced?!

4 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,362 posts
13,352 battles

I was just wondering because I was a bit tempted to jump the gun on Georgia for Coal but missing a piece so opt for using some steel to get the rest. I know everyone says you shouldnt use steel to make up the difference on coal purshases but im not really into Stalingrad, will get Alaska instead for Free XP. But if there are some great steel ships in the pipeline it could be worth holding the steel for that.

But I think Alaska and Georgia could be great edition for me and more fit my playstyle.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,490 posts
32,011 battles

As @DFens_666 said, Shikishima is the only ship that is announced that it would be for Steel. Hayate will be for FXP and Marceau for Coal and so far those are only ships for which WG gave type of resources for which they will be sold.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
1,706 posts
19,840 battles
13 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

But if there are some great steel ships in the pipeline it could be worth holding the steel for that.

I wouldn't think that way. The amount of coal you get is such that you can buy most of the coal ships as they come out.

Over the time I got myself

Jean Bart, Yoshino, Smolensk and Thunderer.

During the same time period I had enough steel to buy

Stalingrad and Somers.

It's obvious that for steel you likely will have to make a rather strict choice what to get and what not, while for coal you will get most of the ships and just skip over the port queens.

You should definitely hold on to your steel. Even if you can't see what the next 2-3 steel ships are going to be, they will come and they will come much more sudden than you can gather the steel to buy them. If a coal ship comes out that you like, that means 3-4 months of saving coal. For a steel ship it takes either some very active competitive play and using coupons or it takes at least a year.

In your case, I would not trade steel for coal. I would save the steel. If you haven't used the coupon, I would use that to buy the Georgia. The coupon will lower the price drastically and it is unlikely you will need it in the next 3 months for a steel ship, if none has been announced. In the worst case a steel ship (e.g. Yashima) will appear out of thin air and you will need to wait a month or so for the next coupon.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this