You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hekla

Was Aim Assist broken in 0.3.1 as promised?

70 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
9 posts
250 battles

I shelved this game for a while, intending to come back and try it once aim assist was killed, which was promised in 0.3.1 iirc.

Did it happen?

• Cool 1

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,340 posts
3,342 battles

Yes, and the QQ is picking up. Absolutely fantastic. Games are slow, people miss a lot. Matches last for 18+ minutes most times. Finally good. Enjoying it immensely.

• Cool 11

Alpha Tester
333 posts
1,327 battles

Seems so to me. People are actually missing which is nice and games are a lot more fun.

Well thats also because they upped the RNG on the shots.. well it seems that way anyway.

But at least now when you see a battleship firing its full broadside at you... no need to go "oh sh*t" anymore hehe

Edited by caldark

Beta Tester
51 posts
232 battles

There is an actual post on the german forum, saying that these mods are already working again. They are available on RU forums for normal downloads, so the OP said.

He said he downloaded and installed to see if it is working, and it is.

I dont know if its true or not, and of course I hope its not true, but German Community Coordinator already answered and said it will be checked by WG.

Lets hope its a lie :/

[ZERG]
Alpha Tester
967 posts
1,939 battles

It's highly unlikely that the encrypted scripts have been figured out this quickly, if the scripts were left as they were before it'd be a few days before it reared it's head again, but now re-creating the mod is orders of magnitude more complex.

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,340 posts
3,342 battles

There is an actual post on the german forum, saying that these mods are already working again. They are available on RU forums for normal downloads, so the OP said.

He said he downloaded and installed to see if it is working, and it is.

I dont know if its true or not, and of course I hope its not true, but German Community Coordinator already answered and said it will be checked by WG.

Lets hope its a lie :/

It is a lie. As I said in the mega-thread that was close, there is one huge site that collects them all and it ain't there. Believe me, if it was out there it would be there. There will be a lot of rumours, and people will say this to spite people. "Hah! You think you pissed on me, well let me piss on you by telling you it is still in there so you can all go blame each other while I play something else!" , that sort of thing.
  • Cool 2

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,531 battles

I have certainly discovered that people are much less accurate on the whole. It is actually pretty shocking. I thought the aim mod was quite rare, but my new experiences tell me that that wasn't the case. I have just played a handful of IJN BB battles (just to see how I would fare compared to the USN BBs), and even when faced with other IJN BBs, I have seen plenty of short and long shots when I have angled my ship a bit (so I am not running parallel). People still lead functionally well, but tend to lead a bit too little. Maybe they are just accustomed to the USN BBs by now?

But I must say it has been terribly enjoyable. And not a single accusation of cheating or crap like that. Awesome! People openly commend others when they get sunk, the others reply back and so on. Even if my experiences regarding the accuracy are wrong overall, then it has still been a great benefit to the game and I leave every battle with a smile, even if I get pasted.

Edited by Unintentional_submarine
  • Cool 10

[T_I_W]
Beta Tester
147 posts
12,593 battles

I have certainly discovered that people are much less accurate on the whole. It is actually pretty shocking. I thought the aim mod was quite rare, but my new experiences tell me that that wasn't the case. I have just played a handful of IJN BB battles (just to see how I would fare compared to the USN BBs), and even when faced with other IJN BBs, I have seen plenty of short and long shots when I have angled my ship a bit (so I am not running parallel). People still lead functionally well, but tend to lead a bit too little. Maybe they are just accustomed to the USN BBs by now?

But I must say it has been terribly enjoyable. And not a single accusation of cheating or crap like that. Awesome! People openly commend others when they get sunk, the others reply back and so on. Even if my experiences regarding the accuracy are wrong overall, then it has still been a great benefit to the game and I leave every battle with a smile, even if I get pasted.

+1 to that.. My view as well

[REKT]
Beta Tester
318 posts
4,020 battles

I am not sure people are so much less accurate as the fact that the way more manouverable ships causes this.

I certainly have a harder time landing shots becourse people often turn away.

Weekend Tester
48 posts
157 battles

Well.. if after few hundred battles you are unable to lead properly with 60-80% accuracy this game will turn really boring anyway so.. Even post-aimmod the only real thing ruining great initial volleys is RNG =/

Weekend Tester
1,674 posts
10,232 battles

But I must say it has been terribly enjoyable. And not a single accusation of cheating or crap like that. Awesome! People openly commend others when they get sunk, the others reply back and so on. Even if my experiences regarding the accuracy are wrong overall, then it is has been a great benefit to the game and I leave every battle with a smile, even if I get pasted.

I still believe it was quite rare, as very few people actually go to forums (where they could read about it) let alone install mods.

To my opinion the main reason behind the decline in accuracy is the large influx of players which used to be much less active before. As an example at this time of the day before patch we had about 5k players and now we have over 8k. Furthermore, as said the new ships and mechanics also contribute to the decline in accuracy. As people get used, it will grow again.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
87 posts
4,224 battles

I still believe it was quite rare, as very few people actually go to forums (where they could read about it) let alone install mods.

To my opinion the main reason behind the decline in accuracy is the large influx of players which used to be much less active before. As an example at this time of the day before patch we had about 5k players and now we have over 8k. Furthermore, as said the new ships and mechanics also contribute to the decline in accuracy. As people get used, it will grow again.

Or just too many players used the aimbot. The simpler answer is usually the truth.
  • Cool 3

[OAP]
Beta Tester
3 posts
6,057 battles

Wel i Have already been accused of using a aimbot today. From a fuso that i sunk at 3km distance and he was stuck on land.

Wonder if it would have been harder to hit a barn door at point blank.

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

I shelved this game for a while, intending to come back and try it once aim assist was killed, which was promised in 0.3.1 iirc.

Did it happen?

looking at how "bad" some players got with their aim all of a sudden, i believe it was ;)
  • Cool 1

[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
5,339 posts
1,882 battles

Did it happen?

you didnt see the guy with -70 neg rep who asked aim asist back?

Beta Tester
41 posts
694 battles

Did it happen?

You couldn`t just read all the freaking other threads on the forum about it?

You had to create another useless thread?

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
1,674 posts
10,232 battles

It seems to be a tradition on these forums to have as first post a useless thread...

[MAD4T]
Beta Tester
17 posts
6,032 battles

looking at how "bad" some players got with their aim all of a sudden, i believe it was ;)

This, suddenly the rain of fire stopped. Now I nod and say good shot...you bastard...when i get a good hit on my ship. :teethhappy:
Edited by juggati

Beta Tester
479 posts
2,801 battles

After playing again today i can confirm that people are indeed failing alot, with one or the other exception ( wich i believe to be the case of people with a good finger for aiming ) , but in general im seeing bbs failing at point blank range wich is... astonishing.

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,340 posts
3,342 battles

After playing again today i can confirm that people are indeed failing alot, with one or the other exception ( wich i believe to be the case of people with a good finger for aiming ) , but in general im seeing bbs failing at point blank range wich is... astonishing.

A wonderful feeling. :-) And you can even get in point blank with US DDs without having to worry much about anything except secondary batteries.

Weekend Tester
50 posts
548 battles

QFT (ran out of +1)

Games have been really fun, might even buy some gold/tokens now.

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,531 battles

Well, if I have to be honest, it has been terribly enjoyable as BB... less so as the other classes, aside from a few select ships.

But did I feel great when landing long range hits on those tramp steamers they call battleships in USA? You bet! Surprisingly even more when they had IJN support.

The atmosphere is generally much more positive, and I haven't even seen anyone moan about carriers killing them... Imagine that! Maybe because now even a tunnelvision derp can get out of most of a cram if he slams into a turn when the first indicators appear (I regret to say that I managed to do just that in a battle, three times no less :hiding: I felt a little dirty afterwards).