Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
delaci76

Re Anti Aliasing (or AA) for ship models

5 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
654 posts

On the whole am happy with the graphics, I think they are great. Lovely ship models.

However is it just me or does the rigging or cables look horrible? I.e the AA is badly done?

If you take the american BB's and have a look at their ol school type masts thats a good example of what I am referring to.

If so would be nice if WG can have a look at this.

p.s and yes I have FXXA set on max details. (havent enable sof particles, that doesnt seem to make a diff).

Tried adding x2 supersampling via nvidia. Not good either.

Anyone found sweetfx works? Is better?

Edited by delaci76

[PST]
Alpha Tester
477 posts
6,379 battles

the cables and rigging have been always abit how to say it no fussy feeling so it may look abit like stiff? or how to explain it?

but yes the cables dont have any real AA, and havent tried Sweetfx yet as im still in vacation without my game pc.

Beta Tester
654 posts

the cables and rigging have been always abit how to say it no fussy feeling so it may look abit like stiff? or how to explain it?

but yes the cables dont have any real AA, and havent tried Sweetfx yet as im still in vacation without my game pc.

Yeah not sure why they cant put some real AA on the cables..looks terrible no?

Am asking someone re sweetfx he's a bit of a pro with it and might be able to get it working well.

Beta Tester
63 posts
328 battles

yeah with the cables being so thin they will always look like this unless u zoom right in, i think its a pixel thing. i think watchdogs ran an engine to erradicate this (dunno how) it worked very well

Beta Tester
221 posts
676 battles

No this is NOT a pixel thing or just the USN BB's. The entire AA system has been broken. All ships suffer from this suddenly for some reason now with this new patch. Not only that, ships and aircraft are now so jagged and edgy that I can't make out their forms from over 4 km distance where with the previous patch they were sharp and clear. Aircraft especially look like floating edged blobs. What did WG do to the AA? Why is it suddenly so horrible?

Edited by inAbag

Sign in to follow this