You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mottfried

Border lagging - or how to not get hit

12 comments in this topic

[11TH]
Players
2 posts

It is annoying, that in every game a one or two guys have a very unsportsmanlike behavior -

riding the borderline to get a laggy movement.

This playstyle is dumb and absolutely no fun!

But there could be an easy solution: for every 2s in the border a fire starts on the ship. So if some guys try to avoid incoming shells by using the border ... burn ˋem!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[UA-NF]
Players
364 posts
6,689 battles

why fires and not floodings? Even better after 20 seconds on border a giant monster would raise from the waters and sink the ship.... that would be more spectacular

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
27,264 posts
14,525 battles

The movement is not laggy.

You must decide if you need that kill, then they get killed or if you can ignore them, since they are far away from any game objective.

• Cool 2

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

I vote for explosion.

10 seconds on the border of the map and your ship explodes in pieces. No "detonation flags" received because it was not bad luck, it was your bot-like behavior. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,967 posts
16,909 battles

Usually its not hard to hit BBs and CAs. Maneuverable ships like CLs and DDs can often reactively dodge at much shorter ranges than normal using the border's "push".

Imo borders should act like an island, but WG doesn't care.

• Cool 2

Players
445 posts

Agree a penalty is needed, but you have to give time to move off border, some ships take an age, 30s seems fair even to the slowest BB to get its backside off the line, after that 100 HP points per second permanent damage, so no reprint ship super heals loop whole.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,676 posts
11,939 battles

Speed bleed off is quite fast, then they become sitting ducks.

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

Seriously now...

To me the simplest and the most effective solution would be to make the whole map as a ring and the border as fire. Same like we had during some events or the type of thing you see in most 'battle royal' games, except it would be fixed, not shrink over time. That way only when your ships "crosses the border" (what most players do when they abuse this 'feature') they constantly lose HP for as long as they are peaking out of the map. Once they get back into battle, no more HP is lost but the HP lost cannot be recovered, no matter what heal you have.

Simplest because WG has that feature already from some of the previous events/game mods/whatever.

Most effective because no fire/flooding occur which could have a lot of consequence even if you just touch the border and then get out as fast as you can.

Just my 2c.

• Cool 1

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

Before this "punishment" - and I do agree with idea ! - what about the muppets who ramm you on purpose, push you away from cover, use you as shield and sure, that happen when you are in a dd or light cruiser and the aggressor is an bb ?!

My last game I was in a light cruiser, stationary, hitting bbs from cover, then a upper tier bb start to ram my ship; he did not stop for more than a minute, was a JB and he was running the speed boost; Caught me right on mid-section, I was trying to reverse, then full speed ahead, no avail; I got hit several times after he pushed me out of cover, lost half HP; I manage to escape, returned to my position, the guy made a 360º turn and repeat the process; I got killed after that, we lost the game, and he retreats on border, and he did nothing there. But was the last survivor of the game, a true "warrior".

Behavior like this are, in my opinion, far worse.

I understand mistakes when a guy do not pay attention and sometimes ram you, but when a bb come on purpose on you several times and push you out of cover,  this thing should be punished first...

[11TH]
Players
2 posts
5 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Before this "punishment" - and I do agree with idea ! - what about the muppets who ramm you on purpose, push you away from cover, use you as shield and sure, that happen when you are in a dd or light cruiser and the aggressor is an bb ?!

My last game I was in a light cruiser, stationary, hitting bbs from cover, then a upper tier bb start to ram my ship; he did not stop for more than a minute, was a JB and he was running the speed boost; Caught me right on mid-section, I was trying to reverse, then full speed ahead, no avail; I got hit several times after he pushed me out of cover, lost half HP; I manage to escape, returned to my position, the guy made a 360º turn and repeat the process; I got killed after that, we lost the game, and he retreats on border, and he did nothing there. But was the last survivor of the game, a true "warrior".

Behavior like this are, in my opinion, far worse.

I understand mistakes when a guy do not pay attention and sometimes ram you, but when a bb come on purpose on you several times and push you out of cover,  this thing should be punished first...

That’s a second not acceptable behavior! It is related my topic.
Iam playing cruisers all day and things like that happen to me also more than I can accept. Iam always an „open-water“- player, but destructive guys do it there too.

*WG should punish both playstyles*

Iam sure that it is not huge development task ...

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,110 posts
8,033 battles
3 hours ago, Perekotypole said:

why fires and not floodings? Even better after 20 seconds on border a giant monster would raise from the waters and sink the ship.... that would be more spectacular

I'd vote for that. You could see it coming, and are alerted.

When it grabs you then you are fooked. Kraken unleashed - in reverse. 

GettyImages-5639591971-5a0b4c31494ec9003

• Cool 1

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
412 posts
12,498 battles

Just remove the ability to use your weapons when border humping...