Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
quickr

24h renting of premium ship

17 comments in this topic

Players
1,277 posts
19,200 battles

It needs to stay. Period. Not as a RNG dice role but as a full blown feature of the game.

Any new premium that gets introduced to the game should be available for renting.

• Cool 7

[BOATY]
Players
42 posts
4,106 battles

Not a bad idea, but i would like that you can only rent a ship if you pass a certain threshold like 1000 battle played or something related to spending enough time playing... i don't think seeing tier 2 players with tier 8 premium ships would be a sight most people that grinding to T8 would appreciate. At least the Threshold would prevent people from creating multiple accounts to keep renting ships at high tiers... just a thought :) 

• Cool 1

Players
2,307 posts

Great idea... allow the ZOMBIES into the high tiers (Again).... it's bad enough with the ships that they can buy....

How many premium ships have you seen with players who haven't a clue...sure throw more crap upon us.

• Cool 1

Players
1,277 posts
19,200 battles
8 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

.. allow the ZOMBIES into the high tiers (Again)....

Zombies? What are you talking about? You mean crap players? The ones that are in every single match anyway? I don't care. They bot they way around the maps either way, at least with this feature those that are interested in buying premium ships get to test them.

• Boring 1

[TORAZ]
Players
353 posts
9,187 battles

It´s easy. Let people try premium ships they haven´t bought 3x times or something in Coop battles. Problem solved for randoms and they get a chance to try it out before buying.

• Cool 3

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

Potatoes will potato. In T2 or T10. Doesn't matter anymore.

Maybe once upon a time it mattered but it definitely doesn't matter right now.

And it's not like WG is trying to do anything about it. Shall I remind you how a 'just registered' player could have bought 'Puerto Rico' for 200 euros or so? Yeah, way to go.

• Cool 2

Players
1,277 posts
19,200 battles

Exactly, we are past the point of "protecting" higher tiers from "zombie" players.

I'm very much liking this rent a ship option we got today. I would like it to stay. In what form I really don't care, as long as we get to try ships before splashing credits/doubloons/resources on them.

[THESO]
Players
4,224 posts

In 5 !!!!! years I never was offered a ship for rent besides those available for clan battles.

So ... IDK what you are talking about ;)

Beta Tester
177 posts
5,413 battles

This is a good idea, just executed very poorly.

If you have all the ships In the bundles, which I would think quite a few players do, then there’s a percentage of the player base that don’t need to spend their doubloons.

If you have the majority of the ships and the first ship in the bundle is one you already have, why would you purchase that bundle?

But, my main question would be, why put these in random bundles in the first place? Just let a player select a ship they want to play for 24 hours and charge them the doubloon amount. If WG did that once a month I think a lot of players would be happy with that. It might also convince  a player to purchase that ship from the store.

[SHAD]
Players
2,730 posts
12,075 battles

PSA:

You can use your 25%  'ships for resources' coupon on premium ship rental.

DON'T DO IT!!!!

• Funny 2

[SM0KE]
Players
5,883 posts
14,139 battles

I tend to agree that there should be some sort of 'try before you buy' thing in the game for premium ships; each rental would need to be reasonably long and include all battle modes that would normally be eligible to give people a realistic picture of the ship in question.

You (and WG!) would probably need some sort of protections (for want of a better word) built in though:

• Some sort of charge, refunded when you buy the ship would discourage people from taking the pi$$.
  • Some mechanic like the upcoming one for WOT apropos the - formerly tech tree - 'special' vehicles (can't recall the proper name) where you can't rent (in this case; buy in WOT) a given tier unless you've already reached it with a regular silver ship, to mitigate the issue with flooding the game with players in unsuitable ships (I say 'rent' for this element as I can't see WG ever making it harder for anyone to buy premium ships).

Players
6,634 posts
10,873 battles
56 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

In 5 !!!!! years I never was offered a ship for rent besides those available for clan battles.

Create a second account, dont spend anything there and watch the magic happen...

• Cool 1

Players
290 posts
12,685 battles

What will make WG more money? A player buying the ship outright without trying it, or trying the same ship, not liking it and then not buying it? 

People just buy their way into t9 anyway, the rentals can be limited offers and not permanent. It would make more sense that way imo. Maybe once per few months.

[SHAD]
Players
2,730 posts
12,075 battles

Why on earth can you rent the Missouri, Musashi and Kronstadt?

You cannot buy them anymore. Are they hoping people will rent them for ranked?

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,074 battles

To be honest. I think that's actually a neat idea. One can rent a ship and get to keep a 6 point captain? For 250.000 credit? Not bad, not bad at all!! Although I'm convinced that they will remove the "keep 6 pt captain" after the event :), it is still a nice move. I've become a VERY vocal critic of WG, regarding their failings and dishonest tactics, but credit is due where it does belong.

So for this ALONE (!! ..for the moment...) KUDOS to WG. And of course to  Femmenenly!!. She hinted at this, when she announced her departure from WG NA

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles
22 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Why on earth can you rent the Missouri, Musashi and Kronstadt?

You cannot buy them anymore.

Well, I don't know how to tell you this but.... that's the exact reason why you can rent those ships.

You don't want to give the possibility to rent many ships that you can try and not like, do you? So if you want to try out some of the others ships from the premium store, you have to buy them. If you don't like then... tough luck sunshine.

[SHAD]
Players
2,730 posts
12,075 battles
8 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

Well, I don't know how to tell you this but.... that's the exact reason why you can rent those ships.

You don't want to give the possibility to rent many ships that you can try and not like, do you? So if you want to try out some of the others ships from the premium store, you have to buy them. If you don't like then... tough luck sunshine.

You know Wargaming Kung fu I see!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this