Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Davey123

new gun sounds?/

32 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1 post
6 battles

what is up with the new sounds for main guns, i have only played my nagato so far, and it sounds like a call of duty match with those effects, where's the old rumble and bass of the 406mm guns, now they're like an air pistol, CHANGE IT BACK!!!!!!!!

Edited by Davey123

Weekend Tester
1,668 posts
32 battles

they are actually more realistic now, you know.....

Edited by Bl4ckh0g
  • Cool 2

Beta Tester
30 posts
1,788 battles

First I wrote that I prefered the new gun sounds, especially on the higher tier battleships, I think they really are a big improvement even tho not perfect, at that time I had not yet been listening to the lower class ships, like for example the American Battleship Chester, so maybe I should have keept my mouth shut, now when I listen to Chesters gun sounds, I must say that the sound of those guns, more remind me of a shotout at O.K.corall than of the guns of a battleship, seriously guys!? this is not good. sound is such a big part of the gaming experience, this just have to be changed back to some of the ships suffering from this weak sound. not all suffer from this though, I really love the sound of the tier X Montana, they could not have been better, they are thunderous! and really make you feel powerful, I am not suggesting anything being done on those ship, but there are other ships in desperate need for better sounds.

Edited by Cozy66

[RATON]
Beta Tester
272 posts
3,548 battles

They don't sound as good as pre patch tbh. I use a subwoofer on my system and before patch my chair vibrated when I fired BB guns. Now nothing.

[HSG44]
Alpha Tester
36 posts
8,247 battles

I agree, the old sounds where much better, they where more 'powerfull'.....

Beta Tester
7 posts
298 battles

so i played couple of games to see US bb's and sounds..yeaaa about that..change it back WG yes they are much sharper but they miss that deep boom that was before so i don't get u say that u play your game but u must have some def people in sound department..i liked the old ones better rework those little bit plz ty

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,667 battles

New sounds are better, IMO. They sound more real and less "Hollywood" 

• Cool 2

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,611 posts
807 battles

This, I personally think the new ones are much nicer

Beta Tester
332 posts
214 battles

Neither the new sounds nor the old sounds are realistic. The new ones maybe closer but with realistic and historical accuracy there are only two states: true or false.

Either the sounds are recorded from the original, then they are historically accurate and realistic, or they are studio sounds.  There is nothing wrong with studio sounds but I would very much prefer the studio sounds that don't make me want to deafen myself after 2 hours of play because they're so blary and obnoxious.

Old sounds all the way.

Players
299 posts
692 battles

they are actually more realistic now, you know.....

I think alot of this is down to the recording equipment. 

The sound I've heard in videos is like... tinny, poppy. Even in the video you posted the explosions are brutal, they have much more oomph and rumble.

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,561 battles

Some ships have all right sounds, but others... I ran into a Chester and man those guns sound bad. They sound pretty nice if you were in an FPS with a sniper rifle, but that's it. No boom, no crack, no snap, just pop. Most of the BBs sound pretty fine to me. But I don't have any experience with the higher tiers, so can't comment on them.

Beta Tester
69 posts
1,449 battles

I have problem with new sounds...first it seems to shoot with water guns or other toys, sometimes they broke up and they don't work at all, basses are all screwd up.... damn.

Please put them back. The ships sound not all.

[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
5,339 posts
1,891 battles

gun sounds are good guys dont do this here aswell let us have normal gun sounds not hollywood effect ones

Alpha Tester
769 posts
608 battles

I like the new gun sounds but would like a choice to choose different ones in the future if they ever plan to do that :).

Beta Tester
72 posts
129 battles

I don't like the new sounds, how's about giving us a choice?

Beta Tester
7 posts
24 battles

I also dont like new sounds. I played tier2 US cruiser and its like firing a rifle. Before when you fired main guns on BB, everyone near you know there is a BB near by.

Beta Tester
722 posts
11,943 battles

Mostly favored the old ones too. BB's new sounds are ok-ish though I think old sounds were slightly better but for IJN DD the new sounds are just laughable and very much feeling off. Not talking from experience here. I don't have a private harbor with a few authentic WWII DD's. It's just feeling/sounding like a step back. 

Beta Tester
3 posts
435 battles

please change the sound back

also when shots hits my ship it sounds weaker don't even know your hit half the time :(

Beta Tester
332 posts
214 battles

gun sounds are good guys dont do this here aswell let us have normal gun sounds not hollywood effect ones

but they don't sound like real guns. The only thing about them that's anything like real guns is that they are way way louder than everying else but when I play a game I prefer to have well balanced sound and not barely audible beeps intersected by some [edited] yelling "BLAM" into my ears at the top of their lungs -.-

If we are stuck with these shitty sounds can we at least get them separated from the other sound effects so when I turn them way down I can still hear torpedo warnings, cap warnings, etc? Cause I'd honestly rather turn them off than listen to this blary, tinny nonsense all day. I can barely play my Destroyers with these sounds It makes the experience stressful and grating.

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,340 posts
3,342 battles

^^This. Pure awesomeness.

Beta Tester
413 posts

The new sounds are crap guys. There is not enough bass and no echo. They don't sound like large guns firing. I don't care if it realistic or not . I just want awesome sounds for the guns. They were much better pre patch.

[PGTIP]
Beta Tester
217 posts
1,794 battles

i like the new sounds that they put in dont have a problem with them

buuut after 3.1 i have noticed that the sound bugs after sometime and is getting a lot of static and poping dont know if any of you encountered that 

Beta Tester
332 posts
214 battles

wether you like the sounds or not you seriously can't deny that they are way too loud compared to everything else... seriously set the special effects level to a point where colission and torpedo warning is a good level, then have a conversation with someone on voip and whenever they say something fire your guns. It's ridiculous how much louder the guns actually are.. 

Maybe this doesn't bug most people but when I play I either make commentary or am on ventrilo with people... the new guns are so loud that my microphone picks them up through my 200€ noise cancelling headphones... :(

Sign in to follow this