Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cobra6

Time for equal ships in both teams, alpha stage is long gone

48 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
268 posts
109 battles

Hi Wargaming,

Since Alpha testing stage is long gone can you please make sure that the matchmaker finally puts equal amount on ships on both teams and there are no instances anymore of one team having 1-3 ships less than the other team?

Still encountering this problem even though it was frequently reported in earlier stages of the test.

Thanks

Cobra 6

• Cool 15

Beta Tester
47 posts

5 games in a row where my stock Omaha has been bottom tier on the side with less ships. Won 0, Lost 5. Getting old and unfun. I'm not asking for a win, I'm asking for the opportunity to be competitive in a match.

Edited by vonBlashyrkh
  • Cool 3

Alpha Tester
268 posts
109 battles

Well it's like WoT really, if a team is two tanks down there is a good chance you'll lose because you don't have the HP to absorb potential damage and you lack the guns to do damage.

Cobra 6

Weekend Tester
48 posts
157 battles

Is it just me or have things actually gone worse after 3.1 patch? Still less ships on one side, still carrier imbalance, either different tiers or CV lacking in one team altogether.

We have 8k players during peak hours, is it too much to ask to get proper battles in all tiers, not forcing t4 into t6-7 fights and so on?

This is a beta, pretty sure we wont keel over and die if we need to wait a minute longer for a proper MM...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,160 posts
377 battles

I also encountered 2x US CV vs 2x IJN CV... what a joy to play 2x fulldmg loadout vs 2x full air dominance loadout. Cmon WG, you could have predicted this and make sure if there are 2 US and 2 IJN CVS they will get matched 1+1 vs 1+1.

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

Is it just me or have things actually gone worse after 3.1 patch? Still less ships on one side, still carrier imbalance, either different tiers or CV lacking in one team altogether.

We have 8k players during peak hours, is it too much to ask to get proper battles in all tiers, not forcing t4 into t6-7 fights and so on?

This is a beta, pretty sure we wont keel over and die if we need to wait a minute longer for a proper MM...

oohh yeah, love that.

2 games in a row, we (2 wyomings platooned) in a team with 0-1 Tier 7 BB while the enemy team had at least 2 tier 77 bbs including 1 carrier tier 5 and above.

Still...we fought hard and got 1 draw and a win ;)

Beta Tester
97 posts
520 battles

Agreed, and the problem does seem to have got more common recently even though player numbers have gone up...strange :sceptic:

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

Tbh, i think its a problem with the ships beeing played, especially now after the US BBs got in. But, still needs to get worked on :izmena:

Alpha Tester
268 posts
109 battles

Tbh, i think its a problem with the ships beeing played, especially now after the US BBs got in. But, still needs to get worked on :izmena:

Well I'd rather have a ship of a different class in my team than no ship at all. Don't know about you...

Cobra 6

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,478 posts
8,735 battles

the -+ ships in teams was always something that happened now and then but recently since the patch it seems like every 2 out of 3 games is a increase in players on one team

maybe its the extra bb and carriers and the mm is struggling to find out what to do with em or maybe the extra players now coming into the game is pushing the mm to its limits where it has to get rid of players fast to make room for others?

whatever the prob is I think wg will fix it at some point

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
585 posts
4,395 battles

We're not even out of closed beta and the MM complain threads are already starting ??

I've seen people go "they have more ships... we are screwed" even though our team had the better guns. I've seen " they have 4 Yamato's ... we're screwed" even though our team had 3 extra ships ......

Please just stop complaining and play the game!

It's still Beta, balance is still a myth, and the que's are no where near big enough to guarantee an equal setup (even though WG has stated they actively try to avoid mirror matches)

Until this patch the team with most Baltimore was royally screwed since it had much more MM weight then it was worth (it got buffed, but I don't have it any more so can't say if it's balanced atm) and there are a few other outliers out there that the complainers always ignore.

Once it's live we'll probably get full teams facing each other ...... during Beta you test. So suck it up, and man-mode.

Oh and FYI: the higher occurrence of uneven team is because there's about twice as many tier 9-10's in que now .... Not near enough to get their own games yet, but about every 2 mins a tier 10 is in que long enough for the MM to just give in and dump a bunch of lower tiers in a game with the big boys.

I like it cause my DM actually gets decent games now ....

Edited by Hummus
  • Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,478 posts
8,735 battles

We're not even out of closed beta and the MM complain threads are already starting ??

I've seen people go "they have more ships... we are screwed" even though our team had the better guns. I've seen " they have 4 Yamato's ... we're screwed" even though our team had 3 extra ships ......

Please just stop complaining and play the game!

It's still Beta, balance is still a myth, and the que's are no where near big enough to guarantee an equal setup (even though WG has stated they actively try to avoid mirror matches)

Until this patch the team with most Baltimore was royally screwed since it had much more MM weight then it was worth (it got buffed, but I don't have it any more so can't say if it's balanced atm) and there are a few other outliers out there that the complainers always ignore.

Once it's live we'll probably get full teams facing each other ...... during Beta you test. So suck it up, and man-mode.

I am not complaining and don't do it in the game either

yes this is beta and because of this when a problem seems to exist the wg team expect us to report it either to them in email/report system or report it in the forums which people are doing

if we do not report problems then the game will go live and seem to new players that the game was not finished enough to go live

you say "Once it's live we'll probably get full teams facing each other" but what happens if it isn't sorted because nobody tells wg and it goes live and the game mm is even worse once put under full pressure of lots of people playing it?

Edited by beercrazy
  • Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,198 posts
5,564 battles

I also encountered 2x US CV vs 2x IJN CV... what a joy to play 2x fulldmg loadout vs 2x full air dominance loadout. Cmon WG, you could have predicted this and make sure if there are 2 US and 2 IJN CVS they will get matched 1+1 vs 1+1.

Please don't "fix" this. I hate throwing US and Japanese ships together in the same team since it ruins any feeling of history or immersion the rest of the game works so hard to achieve...

I will actively seek out other friendly Japanese ships when I'm playing Japan and actively target primary US ships because they are the enemy.

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
585 posts
4,395 battles

you say "Once it's live we'll probably get full teams facing each other" but what happens if it isn't sorted because nobody tells wg and it goes live and the game mm is even worse once put under full pressure of lots of people playing it?

WG has had the best MM system I've ever seen up and running for about 4 years now.

The MM is just about the only part of this game that doesn't need testing. They know how it works, they know what it needs. They know the variables and value's.

Once they've got the tier balance right, they look at the meta data and maybe tweak MM weight of the different classes and tiers a bit. And that's it.

If the WoT forums have shown one thing, it is that for MM balance you need to completely ignore player complaints, and just go on meta data ....... The sweet spot of balance is when all classes complain (nobody complaining is not an option on the internetz)

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
723 posts
2,947 battles

The Problem seems to be that they use the wrong ship type to balance out tier discrepancies. I have never lost a battle because the enemy team had more cruisers than my team. I have never lost a battle because one team had a carrier and the other doesn't. I have occasionally lost battles because the enemy had significantly more BBs than my team, but that is relatively rare.

I lose battles every day because the enemy team has more destroyers in Domination and Encounter though, because those extra hulls of quick, sneaky, smoky and torpy ships just make capping in those modes way too easy. The only really good counter against a DD in those island-infested waters near the caps is another destroyer, and when one side has two and the other has five, it is usually a foregone conclusion who will win the battle. And often enough even for the winning team it will be an unsatisfactory win with little XP due to way too early cap.

• Cool 2

[POP]
Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,900 battles

I don't see the -2/+2 ships a problem yet.

I've been on both sides and I've won many battles in the -2 team. And I've lost battles in the +2 team.

MM is struggling because there are 50 BB's in the queue and combined of 10 CV/CA/DD's..

Chill people, chill! o_O

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

Well I'd rather have a ship of a different class in my team than no ship at all. Don't know about you...

Cobra 6

Of course, but how about trying to even the odds? its not like 1 side needs for example 3 Tier 10 ( 1 BB, 1DD, 1 CA) + 1 Tier 8 CV and get 2 less ships, while the other side gets 1 Tier 10 DD a Tier 9 DD, 1 Tier 8 BB with no carrier. How about it would switch the Tier 10s 2 on 2 and balance the lower ones so both sides get maximum players? Wouldnt be that hard, well, at least you would suggest that. 
  • Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester
1,805 posts
9,367 battles

The Current MM is alone the testers fault!

With 50+ BBs on a hand full of CVs/DDs/Cruiser (not more than 8 together) most of the time you can't expect the MM to work as good as it did in 0.3.0.

Also why complain about the MM over and over again when WG already stated they will change it at a later point?

They can't do it currently because they want their testers to play games instead of waiting in the queue for 4+ DDs, 6+ Cruiser and 2/4 Carriers for all of the 50+ BBs.

You don't want 1/3 CV(s) in a match than play them yourself that the Matchmaker can ballance them because the MM can't ballance what isn't there.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

The Current MM is alone the testers fault!

With 50+ BBs on a hand full of CVs/DDs/Cruiser (not more than 8 together) most of the time you can't expect the MM to work as good as it did in 0.3.0.

Also why complain about the MM over and over again when WG already stated they will change it at a later point?

They can't do it currently because they want their testers to play games instead of waiting in the queue for 4+ DDs, 6+ Cruiser and 2/4 Carriers for all of the 50+ BBs.

You don't want 1/3 CV(s) in a match than play them yourself that the Matchmaker can ballance them because the MM can't ballance what isn't there.

Point taken, to some point:

Yes, it is also due to us tester, but not only. The fact, that the Tiers and numbers cant even get properly balanced is not due to us, its sticking in the formula. Nobody would complain, if there would be 1 or 2 of a Class more on a side. And to note, Carrier gameplay NEEDS to be get more attratctive, especially in higher Tiers (moar AA, just saying...) , so they will get played...and yes, i do play them.

Do i play them in Divisions? Definetly not, outcome is always the same, while playing alone, most games are pretty decent balanced compared to Tiers, as soon as you go division you are mostly outtiered. Another point thats keeping many is the simple fact, that "it would be to OP" to give a Division the option to go with 2 CVs. 

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
723 posts
2,947 battles

The problem with unequal number of ships has been around for a long time, not just since the patch. And it really cannot be that hard to fix it. It is worse now because there are fewer Standard Battles and more Domination/Encounter, and while number of hulls doesn't mean as much in standard, it is all important in the other modes...

Sailing Hamster
1,546 posts
3,274 battles

bla bla bla

Always blame the players. MM excuse was good on alpha with 200 people online not now when you can even hit 7-8k people.

And I will take blame on me then, because in my Colorado battles MM  loves to take around 7-9 DD total in game. So sorry rest of you guys must play vs BBs only.

MM is borked and playing domination or encounter when one side got 2-4 more ships and like 4-5 dds while other side got 1 maybe tops 2 is only because of bad MM formula not players.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
206 posts
7,325 battles

To some degree I acutually like the current matchmaking. Yes, it can go to extremes, like yesterday, when it put a T5 CV vs. T8+T9 CV on the enemy team, though this may be partially attributed to the T5 being "platooned" with a high tier ship (could still have paired the T8 with the T5 instead).

But what I like is that there is a certain spread of several tiers over the combatants. I think it will be less interesting if this is limited in the future (OBT/release) to everything same tier or max. one or two tiers difference.

Especially as there are real instances that show that this could still work, like taking T3 to T8 ships into a battle against T7/T8 (Tenryu, Yubari, 2xFurutaka, 2xAoba, +Chokai (~Myoko/Mogami) vs. Northampton/New Orleans and british/australian county class cruisers that may be equally ranked). But of course, the japanese had the advantage of surprise and better teamwork (even though they eventually fooled that up somewhat).

Or T5 (Kongo) vs. T8 (Washington = North Carolina), though that didn't go very well for the T5s :trollface:

Edited by WhoCares01

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

And when it would be down to the players, i wonder how that could happen :teethhappy:33dh7ig.jpg

Beta Tester
322 posts
7,337 battles

Ok so its not every game, but it happens enough to make said games pointless for the outnumbered team. Take domination for example, other teams get +4 players, other team really has none to little chance. 

Sign in to follow this