Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VanD4rk

Yuro's 899 CV slayer division

13 comments in this topic

[OCTO]
Players
392 posts
8,218 battles

Has anyone tried with his "comrades" this tactic with success ?

It seems appealing from the video but the CVs must be quite *etarded to sit in the same spot for this tactic to work.

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
12,149 battles

The problem is it only works in t8, cause low tiers dont have range and firepower, while T10 cvs have like 90mm armored deck, nothing pens it (except conqueror HE) 

Beta Tester
3,332 posts
14,691 battles
28 minutes ago, kfa said:

The problem is it only works in t8, cause low tiers dont have range and firepower, while T10 cvs have like 90mm armored deck, nothing pens it (except conqueror HE) 

... and Thunderer, Kurfürst, IFHE Yamato, IFHE Republique, IFHE Ohio, IFHE Kremlin (even though not all of them can have the range ofc). 

But yes it makes more sense to couple Moosashios with Indomitable (or Graf Zeppelin for plebs) and yes the CV has to be really stupid to die from that. 

[CATS]
Players
27,281 posts
14,533 battles

It works somewhat with Kongo and Fuso.

And as long you do not hit the deck armor it works also on Tier X.

Beta Tester
713 posts

1 hour ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

... and yes the CV has to be really stupid to die from that. 

luckily/unfortunately they are ...

[CORNG]
Players
1,951 posts
15,815 battles
1 hour ago, belalugosisdead said:

I saw one Divi that tried sucessfully. But lost the game. 

So "Hey I saw ... on YT, let's do the same" doesn't work for every player... Similar to people watching Flambass going through the channel on two brothers :Smile_amazed:

Players
329 posts
3,661 battles

It is quite telling that some people (I refer to the NA forum) got up to arms recently cheering/booing a tactic that is basically "div up a long range battleship and a cv that will spot". Something that cannot be done before ... the beginning of CVs ... several years ago ? Done on any ship besides CVs ?

And some CV captains still don't know how to set up a course at the beginning of a game ? After all these years ?

I'm a potato, but boy does my jaw drop at this point.

Someone said somewhere (reddit ?) that WG tuned down the CVs for people unable to pilot and steer at the same time - and unfortunately they still set the bar too high apparently. Competent CV players are already insulted by the sorry state of the current CV skill floor. Let's hope it won't be tuned down further, because we are at Marianna trench depth level here. 

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
392 posts
8,218 battles

My reluctance in trying this 899 "fail" division is that the enemy CV has to be a potato in the first place for this to work. If the CV is an idiot in the first place, he might not impact the game too much. I mean he's probably ignore the DDs and just try to farm the big juicy BBs :)), or even miss the strafes...

Second, if the enemy CV is not a potato, your division is gonna drag down the team. You end up with 2 Musashi with crap AA in a CV match. WW2 real stories will be reenacted in that battle.

Because of this 2 points, this division seems just a meme and will have more chances to fail than save the team imo.

Anyway I really laughed when I saw the video and the always seeking new ways of punishing retarded gameplays.

[CELTA]
Players
651 posts
18,323 battles

We did it only one time.

I dont know how skilled he was... but enemy CV tried to flee and was with Bob Squarepants in 3:30.

Players
8,368 posts
9,213 battles
13 minutes ago, VanD4rk said:

Second, if the enemy CV is not a potato, your division is gonna drag down the team. You end up with 2 Musashi with crap AA in a CV match. WW2 real stories will be reenacted in that battle.

If the CV is not potato, the AA of Musashi doesn't matter, because even if it wasn't dogshit, the AA does less to make Musashi unattractive as a target than the fact that it has some of the best torp protection, deck armour and hp pool at T9. And in every other aspect, Musashi is a powerful T9 BB. Greater issue would be that the CV most used for this is GZ and Indomitable and GZ is on the weaker side, while Indomitable is just garbage. If the enemy CV escapes, even if they have to operate from the map border they might still out-perform your Indomitable.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,198 posts
10,369 battles

Okay, so:

- This sniping was mentioned the first day the new CVs were introduced. Nothing new. Yuro and his friends just found a way to make it work with like 98% certainty.

- It works only against potato - Not really. Most good players prefer to go with the fleet and stay close to them. So it is possible that you can snipe them. Sure not guaranteed to kill but over 50%.

- Only works 899. - Not really. They are using it to make the kill most certain. You can use other ways too and it is still not a problem if you do not kill the CV. By causing heavy harm he is gonna think about again how close he wants to be to the battlefield. Therefore you may heavily cut off the damage he can make.

So yes. Please fight edit*. Just remember the Golden Rule: If you ever see a carrier and you can, just shoot it. They are gonna hate it and gonna complain. Which is sweet salt to the mine.

edited: Language please

Sign in to follow this