Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shells_and_Fish

Thoughts about further steps developing the game

42 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
32 posts
747 battles

Hello WG Crew,

hope all of you doing well through these days. To my thoughts,

So i can understand:

why it is neccessary to develop the game and it´s mechanics. 

why you creating new stuff, implementing the European DD line and the upcoming Russian split CL-CA line

 

So i can´t understand:

why you are not put all the European countries ship lines together in one (European) branch? Let Italiens, Germains, (not the Brexit) Britians but the French and the new Swedish ships form under the European flag?

why you are creating a new ship for instance the Petropavlosk with OP-stats to realize through the test period...oh it is OP??? I mean what a result did you expect? OP stats resulted in OP perfomance, right??  and as a result of that you need to nerf the ship due to the balance issue. What is the message behind for me as your customer???

 

Feedback is very welcome. Thanx.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,233 posts
14,587 battles
14 minutes ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

why you are not put all the European countries ship lines together in one (European) branch? Let Italiens, Germains, (not the Brexit) Britians but the French and the new Swedish ships form under the European flag?

This makes no sense to me - why should they do this in your opinion? These lines and ships do have totally different flavors and styles to play. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
372 posts
5,880 battles

Because in ww2 There were countries which had (or had the capability to have) genuine navies.

 

i don’t think the Swedish navy would have ever had a t10 equivalent battleship, for example...

 

so into the pan European line their ships will go.

 

along with any other nations ships that they decide to do who could not have had any large displacement ships.

 

as per the RU ships... well.. meh.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
372 posts
5,880 battles
17 minutes ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

Hello WG Crew,

hope all of you doing well through these days. To my thoughts,

So i can understand:

why it is neccessary to develop the game and it´s mechanics. 

why you creating new stuff, implementing the European DD line and the upcoming Russian split CL-CA line

 

So i can´t understand:

why you are not put all the European countries ship lines together in one (European) branch? Let Italiens, Germains, (not the Brexit) Britians but the French and the new Swedish ships form under the European flag?

why you are creating a new ship for instance the Petropavlosk with OP-stats to realize through the test period...oh it is OP??? I mean what a result did you expect? OP stats resulted in OP perfomance, right??  and as a result of that you need to nerf the ship due to the balance issue. What is the message behind for me as your customer???

 

Feedback is very welcome. Thanx.

 

Also, because they did NOT fly under one flag.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
32,812 posts
16,450 battles
20 minutes ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

Hello WG Crew,

hope all of you doing well through these days. To my thoughts,

So i can understand:

why it is neccessary to develop the game and it´s mechanics. 

why you creating new stuff, implementing the European DD line and the upcoming Russian split CL-CA line

  • To make it better
  • To keep players in game (new content is the No1 reason for players to keep playing F2P games)
20 minutes ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

So i can´t understand:

why you are not put all the European countries ship lines together in one (European) branch? Let Italiens, Germains, (not the Brexit) Britians but the French and the new Swedish ships form under the European flag?

why you are creating a new ship for instance the Petropavlosk with OP-stats to realize through the test period...oh it is OP??? I mean what a result did you expect? OP stats resulted in OP perfomance, right??  and as a result of that you need to nerf the ship due to the balance issue. What is the message behind for me as your customer???

  • the other EU DD will be added in different lines
  • Bad base design

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,142 posts
11,229 battles

Great idea!

We can also put all the Asian countries together. I'm sure having WWII Japanese ships flying under the same flag as ships from South East Asia won't be a problem at all !

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
32 posts
747 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Wizard27_1979 sagte:

This makes no sense to me - why should they do this in your opinion? These lines and ships do have totally different flavors and styles to play. 

Yes, the ships should have their own playstyle but this is not depending of their nationalities aren´t they? for me it makes no sense to split the lines especially the European as long the developers create more and more paper-ships due to their argument is not obvious regarding the realism??? Realistic the Russians navy was never this strong like in the game. why?? because the game is based on unrealistic stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
32 posts
747 battles
Vor 25 Minuten, Exocet6951 sagte:

Great idea!

We can also put all the Asian countries together. I'm sure having WWII Japanese ships flying under the same flag as ships from South East Asia won't be a problem at all !

You could implement a split between PAN Asia and Japan but the game is based on unrealistic stuff. so why not here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
32 posts
747 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, ColonelPete sagte:
  • To make it better
  • To keep players in game (new content is the No1 reason for players to keep playing F2P games)
  • the other EU DD will be added in different lines
  • Bad base design

Can´t follow these statements:

  • the other EU DD will be added in different lines
  • Bad base design

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,233 posts
14,587 battles
2 minutes ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

Yes, the ships should have their own playstyle but this is not depending of their nationalities aren´t they? for me it makes no sense to split the lines especially the European as long the developers create more and more paper-ships due to their argument is not obvious regarding the realism??? Realistic the Russians navy was never this strong like in the game. why?? because the game is based on unrealistic stuff.

But it's the nationalities which attract the people - and this is even more historical than much else. A Bismarck e.g. not flying german-flag but "european" is ridiculous to me - or to transfer captains between polish and german ships ^^

From game-perspective it still makes no sense to me to summarize nations as long as there is enough stuff to run an explicit nation. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
2 hours ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

why you are not put all the European countries ship lines together in one (European) branch? Let Italiens, Germains, (not the Brexit) Britians but the French and the new Swedish ships form under the European flag? 

 

Because there was no EU in the time those ships existed?

Also, whats the purpose for that? Put everything in one techtree because reason?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,142 posts
11,229 battles
22 minutes ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

You could implement a split between PAN Asia and Japan but the game is based on unrealistic stuff. so why not here.

 

Because there already is.

It's : 
Germany, UK, France and Italy in their respective trees, and the rest of Europe will be in their own tree.
There, simple as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
32,812 posts
16,450 battles
22 minutes ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

Can´t follow these statements:

  • the other EU DD will be added in different lines
  • Bad base design

There will be more than one EU DD line.

WG makes mistakes and they started with a big one with the initial design of the new RU cruisers. Now it is their job to correct the mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,021 posts
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

There will be more than one EU DD line.

WG makes mistakes and they started with a big one with the initial design of the new RU cruisers. Now it is their job to correct the mistakes.

 

Most people are expected to learn from past mistakes... :Smile_unsure:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
32 posts
747 battles
Vor 27 Minuten, Wizard27_1979 sagte:

But it's the nationalities which attract the people - and this is even more historical than much else. A Bismarck e.g. not flying german-flag but "european" is ridiculous to me - or to transfer captains between polish and german ships ^^

From game-perspective it still makes no sense to me to summarize nations as long as there is enough stuff to run an explicit nation. 

I totally agree but there is no reason to be worry about Bismarck´s flag it should be possible to implement it in the same way for the new European DDs. So youcan change between Swedish or European flags. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,021 posts
Just now, Shells_and_Fish said:

I totally agree but there is no reason to be worry about Bismarck´s flag it should be possible to implement it in the same way for the new European DDs. So youcan change between Swedish or European flags. 

 

There would be no rational reason not to have a German tech tree where the Bismarck should also find itself...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,233 posts
14,587 battles
Just now, Shells_and_Fish said:

I totally agree but there is no reason to be worry about Bismarck´s flag it should be possible to implement it in the same way for the new European DDs. So youcan change between Swedish or European flags. 

So I ask once again: What's your idea/reason to "summarize" the ships into one nation?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
32 posts
747 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, Wizard27_1979 sagte:

So I ask once again: What's your idea/reason to "summarize" the ships into one nation?

So it could better showing the variety of the European ships. Alle European nations under one flag in the techtree menue for instance followed by the national flags / techtrees. It would be more in a common sense to me as a European and not only a German. It is the way of thinking and a try to approach the game not only or for a "national reason". In my opinion thats one reason for the "stronk"- partely OP russian ships. it is spiced in a little communism way?? you name it.  

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
45 minutes ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

for me it makes no sense to split the lines especially the European

 

So are there still T1 ships in your proposal? Then where is the logic? I need to play each nations T1 to get access to the T2, from there to the DDs, BBs & CVs. So there are like still seperate lines in one tech tree all stuffed togehter. hä?

 

And

 

2 hours ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

put all the European countries ship lines together in one (European) branch?

 

You do realize, that f.e. France and Germany are different nations, right? With a very different history, right? They even - get this - fought each other in both world wars (among a lot of other wars). And you want to slap one flag on them. Yea. right.

image.png.9dfb41d19ad2bb4611b6a64c87e09296.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
2 minutes ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

In my opinion thats one reason for the "stronk"- partely OP russian ships. it is spiced in a little communism way?? you name it.  

 

You really need to learn some history.

 

- Its soviet ships. Soviet Union exists from 1919~1922 (depending on definition) to 1991

- Modern day Russia has NOTHING to do with communism. Quite the opposite. So why would they promote communism? Does Merkel hand out copies of "Mein Kampf"?

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
4,540 posts
16,839 battles
2 hours ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

Hello WG Crew,

hope all of you doing well through these days. To my thoughts,

So i can understand:

why it is neccessary to develop the game and it´s mechanics. 

why you creating new stuff, implementing the European DD line and the upcoming Russian split CL-CA line

 

So i can´t understand:

why you are not put all the European countries ship lines together in one (European) branch? Let Italiens, Germains, (not the Brexit) Britians but the French and the new Swedish ships form under the European flag?

why you are creating a new ship for instance the Petropavlosk with OP-stats to realize through the test period...oh it is OP??? I mean what a result did you expect? OP stats resulted in OP perfomance, right??  and as a result of that you need to nerf the ship due to the balance issue. What is the message behind for me as your customer???

 

Feedback is very welcome. Thanx.

 

I'm sorry but that is ridiculous! 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[R3B3L]
Players
1,505 posts
2 hours ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

put all the European countries ship lines together in one

is it thursday?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,233 posts
14,587 battles
30 minutes ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

So it could better showing the variety of the European ships. Alle European nations under one flag in the techtree menue for instance followed by the national flags / techtrees. It would be more in a common sense to me as a European and not only a German. It is the way of thinking and a try to approach the game not only or for a "national reason". In my opinion thats one reason for the "stronk"- partely OP russian ships. it is spiced in a little communism way?? you name it.  

I don't see anything "better" with your approach, nothing.

And about your feelings about "russians": get used to it, it's a russian game. And about Petropoplavsk: It happens quite often that Test-Ships are going to Live-test which are very strong and then nerfed - you're the perfect example why those newly added live-test-ships are not shown by CCs immediately in future before data-collection/buffs/nerfs happen to them. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×