Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PsychoClownfish

Got dropped, now teamkill penalty??

13 comments in this topic

Players
128 posts
6,161 battles

I got dropped from a game, when I finally manage to log back on, I received a teamkill penalty and I have to play three games in pink. WTF??

Anyone had any experience with this? I got dropped about 20 seconds into the game.

• Cool 1

Players
8,406 posts
9,218 battles

Yes, if you are afk (for whatever reasons), you get a warning (pink). Given its just making you pink though and that's it, no need to lose it over that. Just make sure it doesn't happen regularly. If you get disconnected all the time, maybe your connection is crap or the game servers are crapping themselves or your PC is dying, whatever the reason, consider the following:

• Is it fair for team mates if a player constantly gets disconnected? Maybe stop playing for the moment till the issue is fixed.
  • Do you enjoy getting disconnected? Maybe play something else. Also tells you whether it is the connection in general or just WoWS.
  • If it only happens once and not on a regular basis, playing three games in pink isn't really that bad now, is it? The only thing that would happen is that if you damage an ally, it gets reflected back, but why would you?
  • Cool 1

Players
2,986 posts
16,967 battles

One of the times the server crashed, I still got pink for "leaving the game" that was currently loading in.

I imagine another 23 players got the same penalty, but no way to confirm it.

8 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

but why would you?

Have you been playing Random battles lately and still ask that question? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
8,406 posts
9,218 battles
27 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Have you been playing Random battles lately and still ask that question? :Smile_trollface:

• Ammunition costs credits. Team damage costs credits.
  • Even the most stupid players are more useful alive than dead.
  • Teamkillers shouldn't ask why they are pink.

If randoms rile you up too much, play something else.

• Cool 3

Players
128 posts
6,161 battles
1 hour ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Yes, if you are afk (for whatever reasons), you get a warning (pink). Given its just making you pink though and that's it, no need to lose it over that. Just make sure it doesn't happen regularly. If you get disconnected all the time, maybe your connection is crap or the game servers are crapping themselves or your PC is dying, whatever the reason, consider the following:

• Is it fair for team mates if a player constantly gets disconnected? Maybe stop playing for the moment till the issue is fixed.
  • Do you enjoy getting disconnected? Maybe play something else. Also tells you whether it is the connection in general or just WoWS.
  • If it only happens once and not on a regular basis, playing three games in pink isn't really that bad now, is it? The only thing that would happen is that if you damage an ally, it gets reflected back, but why would you?

Why are you making this about me? In more than half a year's play this is the first time this happens to me, it is entirely beyond my control and I get a penalty?? 

'Constantly?' WTF? Are you high?

Do I enjoy getting disconnected? Are you an escapee from an insane asylum?

'Why would I damage an ally?' Why are you implying I would?? You need help, and fast. I asked for help/advice, and you get on MY case. :Smile_amazed: If you find it too difficult to come up with a constructive response, best just stay silent.

• Boring 2

Players
8,406 posts
9,218 battles
1 minute ago, PsychoClownfish said:

Why are you making this about me? In more than half a year's play this is the first time this happens to me, it is entirely beyond my control and I get a penalty?? 

'Why would I damage an ally?' Why are you implying I would?? You need help, and fast. I asked for help/advice, and you get on MY case. :Smile_amazed: If you find it too difficult to come up with a constructive response, best just stay silent.

I take it English is not your native language and thus you misunderstood. Or you are just being incredibly rude for no reason? There is a reason for the frequent use of "if" and the occasional question mark.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,600 posts
17,600 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, PsychoClownfish sagte:

If I get disconnected I get only 2 games in pink. Since you get 3 you must be a convict. So, tell us, what you have you done wrong before? :Smile_veryhappy:

Oh wait, from your response above I can draw some conclusion.

[NCDF]
Players
157 posts
5,037 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, PsychoClownfish sagte:

Getting pink is not a penalty... Getting orange is...

It does not matter if you are pink or not. It has no effect on anything...

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,039 posts
10,881 battles
5 hours ago, Echo_519 said:

Getting pink is not a penalty...

This is basically the best explanation for this topic! 

• Cool 1

Players
5,979 posts
11,669 battles
11 hours ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Like operations! :Smile_great:

Players
8,406 posts
9,218 battles
2 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Like operations! :Smile_great:

I thought more something like a different game, given that enough people complain about how ops are plagued by team mates with no clue what they are doing, bots that screw up their own pathing and rewards that get nerfed.

Players
5,979 posts
11,669 battles
9 hours ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

I thought more something like a different game, given that enough people complain about how ops are plagued by team mates with no clue what they are doing, bots that screw up their own pathing and rewards that get nerfed.

Part of the reason why there are so many complaints about potato teammates, is because a loss is devastating to income. You will spend up to 20 minutes for like 200 BXP if you get a loss, so naturally people will become quite highly avoidant of that :Smile-_tongue:

Players
2,986 posts
16,967 battles
21 hours ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Not completely true. 

Most enemy teams will suffer an acute case of "victory disease" when they have an overwhelming numbers advantage and rush in for kills to (sometimes) throw the game.

Example: Once I even earned Solo Warrior by killing all 4 remaining ships rushing in to kill my DM.

Thus having overaggressive bad players is often better than having passive bad players. And at least the games are over faster, so less time wasted.

As for getting riled up, it not the problem. I'm almost not touching the game since this patch due to boredom.

Too many 3000 IQ teams proceed to reverse to their own border, then cluster in one corner and wait for the reds to take all caps and overextend. Sometimes they win, other times, not. Boring.

10 hours ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Yep, there are plenty of better games out there. And with a lot less bugs too.

Sign in to follow this