You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

My very first squid BB :)

23 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
3,288 posts
10,901 battles

So, I decided and I went for it.

jb.thumb.png.cbdf7b227935dd9e9b3c1b842af2ca17.png

Well, the BB line that I have more familiarity it's the German line, but from what I saw this will be as good as the Germans, the brawling potential was exactly what attracted me, what in the end beat Smolensk to the finish line (deep down I always knew that I would end up with JB, ticked all the boxes, I only wanted to be sure, so, I waited)

Now, I know what this ship can do, I fought against it plenty of times  and I have a general idea of the ship.

So, Build suggestions? 

thank you.

• Cool 3

[BIF]
Players
333 posts
4,989 battles

Congrats and enjoy. I made a mistake at Xmas sadly, so i wont be able to get her.

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
1,570 posts
21,045 battles
16 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

So, Build suggestions? 

I'd say standard tank build. You don't have the armor against HE so mitigating the inevitable fire-damage as much as possible and getting an extra heal are invaluable.

Imo secondaries aren't really viable due to the aforementioned lack of armor.

[SHAFT]
Players
10,318 posts
9,108 battles
10 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

So, Build suggestions? 

For randoms or Coop? As you are kinda playing a lot of Coop from what i know :cap_hmm:

Randoms standard tank build:

- EL - i prefer that over PT on french BBs (reload boost), since their caliber is rather small, and for the Premiums with reload boost, you can swap between HE and AP extremely fast.

- AR obvious choice. EM you dont need for JB, since you only have front guns imo. You could take JoaT as last skill, or take PT and PM, because french BBs like to lose their turrets often.

- SI / BoS obviously

- CE / FP also obviously

For Coop? Dunno, even a secondary build might work there. However, your bigger secondary guns are facing aftwards so its kinda iffy. Or just go with the same tank build.

[AAO]
Players
1,570 posts
21,045 battles
15 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

- EL

[...]

- BoS

I'd actually recommend PT&EL and either HA or JoaT since the latter helps with heals and the reload boast as well. PT imo just gives too much information to give up easily.

(someone torpedoing you or a ship you're not yet aware of setting up to farm or cross-fire you as well as early info on the general level of opposition)

[L4GG]
Players
3,288 posts
10,901 battles
33 minutes ago, K82J said:

Congrats and enjoy. I made a mistake at Xmas sadly, so i wont be able to get her.

Which mistake (ship?) may I ask?

31 minutes ago, rnat said:

I'd say standard tank build. You don't have the armor against HE so mitigating the inevitable fire-damage as much as possible and getting an extra heal are invaluable.

Imo secondaries aren't really viable due to the aforementioned lack of armor.

32 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

, even a secondary build might work there

Nah, at least that's out of the way now, the most I did with them up until now was under 3k 

jbs.thumb.png.4de33649aa5bf333db768b4538cbff1f.png

The build will be for random/sprint.

Yes, I'm doing a lot of co-op games, i'm getting a lot of new ships lately, Moskva, Akizuki, JB and more are coming soon but there's no Ops for them, the captains are low and I don't want to take them to PVP in the current state.

I'm leaning towards tank build too.

perhaps this.

jbb.thumb.png.a319178e26fcefe5e71232ec72bbcc51.png

But what about the cvs? 

From what I understand JB can have a very stale gameplay, it can switch from being very fast to be a "road block", it can be very susceptible to planes attacks, so, what about BFT and AFT?

perhaps trading CE and PM for them, and let the concealment module  mitigate to +- 13.4 km?

It would be harder to disengage and the all thing would be very dependable to the 15% faster RP, turrets included.

Or this is a bad idea?

[BIF]
Players
333 posts
4,989 battles
9 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Which mistake (ship?) may I ask?

Bought the Blyska, because i had no ship for any Europe ship directive. Didnt knew that WG going to have a full line of Euro DD's, nor not suspected they would withdraw the JB. Was sure about Smolensk, so i bought her, but Blyska was the mistake.

Now i am short with like 30k coal, and no way i can get that till JB gets pulled, with my limited time to play.

Edit: having like 10 day left before removing, i think.

Edited by K82J

[AAO]
Players
1,570 posts
21,045 battles
13 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

it can switch from being very fast to be a "road block", it can be very susceptible to planes attacks, so, what about BFT and AFT?

perhaps trading CE and PM for them, and let the concealment module  mitigate to +- 13.4 km?

Sadly that won't make much of a difference. (especially AFT is basically useless as an AA skill by now since anyone who tends to eat flak tends to loose all planes anyways)

If the enemy CV is competent he will still drop you with similar losses and if he's a potato his planes are gonna nom on your flak and drop like flies with or without the skills.

If it looks like you might get under CV attack the only advice i can give you is to run as fast as you can away from enemy ships (or towards them if they are far enough away)

and begin maneuvering when the planes start approaching your AA range to give you a bit more time to shoot down planes and make it harder to drop you.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,288 posts
10,901 battles
3 minutes ago, K82J said:

Bought the Blyska, because i had no ship for any Europe ship directive. Didnt knew that WG going to have a full line of Euro DD's, nor not suspected they would withdraw the JB. Was sure about Smolensk, so i bought her, but Blyska was the mistake.

Now i am short with like 30k coal, and no way i can get that till JB gets pulled, with my limited time to play.

Edit: having like 10 day left before removing, i think.

Do you have any coupons left?

from 228k it will be reduced to 171k 

Do you have any steel?

it can be converted to coal if you lack coal .

in a ratio 1 steel = 10 coal check the armoury I think that will happen automatically if you have enough steel.

10 days ….2 containers a day + 200 from daily missions (the easy one) it's 1k a day.

[SHAFT]
Players
10,318 posts
9,108 battles
15 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

But what about the cvs? 

From what I understand JB can have a very stale gameplay, it can switch from being very fast to be a "road block", it can be very susceptible to planes attacks, so, what about BFT and AFT? 

It would be harder to disengage and the all thing would be very dependable to the 15% faster RP, turrets included.

Or this is a bad idea?

You can forget about AFT, thats pretty much useless. Personaly, i removed all AA builds from any ship with the rework, as it almost makes no difference. Against bad CVs, i can dodge good enough, they miss drops or they straightup die to my flak. Against good CVs, BFT wont help me either, not to mention, they are rather uncommon (thank [edited]for that...)

I personaly prefer EL, as i stated above. Till now, ive been playing with Honore and only recently got 17 points. I think ill take PT and PM instead of another 2 pt skill, even if Honore has improved EM. But i havent decided yet.

image.thumb.png.ba17ec7172ddc17553ad578717ce5253.png

The fast shell switching has been very useful for me, especially since all those 3 have small caliber guns, so you rely more often on HE, but you might need that AP fast.

• Cool 1

[BIF]
Players
333 posts
4,989 battles
6 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Do you have any coupons left?

from 228k it will be reduced to 171k 

Do you have any steel?

it can be converted to coal if you lack coal .

in a ratio 1 steel = 10 coal check the armoury I think that will happen automatically if you have enough steel.

10 days ….2 containers a day + 200 from daily missions (the easy one) it's 1k a day.

140k coal and 5100 steel, and no coupon. Funny, i got 3 SC in like 2 week, and they gave the " better " rewards, ( dubs, 90 day prem), when i needed the least those now :Smile_Default:

[L4GG]
Players
3,288 posts
10,901 battles
33 minutes ago, K82J said:

140k coal and 5100 steel, and no coupon. Funny, i got 3 SC in like 2 week, and they gave the " better " rewards, ( dubs, 90 day prem), when i needed the least those now :Smile_Default:

140 k +51k = 191k

191k+ 10k (if you play all 10 days ) = 201k 

you are 27 k short 

What about your clan buildings ? I think there are building that gives coal bonus (small) and maybe you'll be lucky with the containers RNG. :)

@rnat @DFens_666

Thank you.

I checked and I have Honore laying around doing nothing.

Regarding modules...

the new one that increases the speed of other modules , worth it or not?

[AAO]
Players
1,570 posts
21,045 battles
8 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Regarding modules...

the new one that increases the speed of other modules , worth it or not? 

I'd say no. It's very nice but in general almost nothing beats the ability to disengage when you want to (without having to snipe from the backline) and reposition, wait for DCP or another heal to come off cooldown, especially with ships that are weak to HE-spam (in the case of BBs)

Beta Tester
1,932 posts
11,809 battles
11 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Well, the BB line that I have more familiarity it's the German line, but from what I saw this will be as good as the Germans, the brawling potential was exactly what attracted me, what in the end beat Smolensk to the finish line (deep down I always knew that I would end up with JB, ticked all the boxes, I only wanted to be sure, so, I waited)

Now, I know what this ship can do, I fought against it plenty of times  and I have a general idea of the ship.

So, Build suggestions? 

thank you.

Congrats! Build is in the end of the video.

• Cool 2

[SHAD]
Players
2,698 posts
12,015 battles

I’ve tried secondary but standard tank is the way to go.

Enjoy your new purchase!

Players
5,979 posts
11,653 battles
12 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

So, Build suggestions? 

thank you.

My suggestion would be to go full tank build :cap_viking:

I don't know the skills I selected for her from top of my head, but I would definitely take PM as JB easily gets its turrets knocked out. Also go SI and full tank if you can.

Iirc I once tried with the +50% speedboost upgrade, but I found the extra tanking ability from the other upgrade more worthwhile and imo the lack of the extra 50% spoeedboost  duration can be worked around quite easily for this ship.

10 hours ago, K82J said:

Yesterday I got 2 supercrates literally back to back. On the public test server! :Smile_trollface:

Ship happens :Smile-_tongue:

Btw, what did you get?  Oh, just read you got the Blyska :Smile_hiding:

Then you got double shafted, with the incoming nerf for narai. But you really used the coupon for Blyska? confused2mini.png.1f2696a4f7d76d2bfeb7ff8cb02ff80b.png

• Cool 1

[BIF]
Players
333 posts
4,989 battles
5 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

My suggestion would be to go full tank build :cap_viking:

I don't know the skills I selected for her from top of my head, but I would definitely take PM as JB easily gets its turrets knocked out. Also go SI and full tank if you can.

Iirc I once tried with the +50% speedboost upgrade, but I found the extra tanking ability from the other upgrade more worthwhile and imo the lack of the extra 50% spoeedboost  duration can be worked around quite easily for this ship.

Yesterday I got 2 supercrates literally back to back. On the public test server! :Smile_trollface:

Ship happens :Smile-_tongue:

Btw, what did you get?  Oh, just read you got the Blyska :Smile_hiding:

Then you got double shafted, with the incoming nerf for narai. But you really used the coupon for Blyska? confused2mini.png.1f2696a4f7d76d2bfeb7ff8cb02ff80b.png

No, i used the coupon for the Smol. What the coupon saved, was enough for the Blyska.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,288 posts
10,901 battles

I was thinking about that.

My gold standard it's Bayern for better and for worse.

I have  almost all  my modules sorted out but i'm undecided about two of them.

the first doubt it's between the acceleration module and the damage control 2

At first sight JB is fast enough and turns well, but it's kind of slow from full stop to any speed do I take it for helping dodging torps when i'm bow in?

or do I take damage control 2 to help to take it on the chin?

my second dilemma it's about main battery modification 3

I will gain 12% on the reload time but i'll lose 13% in turret transverse speed.

that will put JB's turrets as slow as my Bayern's turrets and I always found those a bit for the slow side. (42.9 sec). And  besides I have AR and the consumable to cover that.

What do you think?

[SHAFT]
Players
10,318 posts
9,108 battles
55 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

the first doubt it's between the acceleration module and the damage control 2 

At first sight JB is fast enough and turns well, but it's kind of slow from full stop to any speed do I take it for helping dodging torps when i'm bow in? 

or do I take damage control 2 to help to take it on the chin?

You have engine boost for that. I prefer damage control.

56 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

my second dilemma it's about main battery modification 3

I will gain 12% on the reload time but i'll lose 13% in turret transverse speed.

that will put JB's turrets as slow as my Bayern's turrets and I always found those a bit for the slow side. (42.9 sec). And  besides I have AR and the consumable to cover that. 

I dont think, turret traverse is a big issue since you only have front turrets. Faster reload is always better imo. And the other options are just worse.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,842 posts
14,110 battles
On 3/29/2020 at 6:57 PM, K82J said:

no way i can get that till JB gets pulled

If you'll forgive my being frightfully vulgar, JB is still in the shop (for money), if you get desperate...

[BIF]
Players
333 posts
4,989 battles
11 hours ago, Verblonde said:

If you'll forgive my being frightfully vulgar, JB is still in the shop (for money), if you get desperate...

Nah, i could buy her right away, but i am not that desperate :) And i already decided to spend on this the very minimum. Now that i got 90 days from premium from an SC, i dont need to spend a single dollar on this for like 5 months.

• Cool 1

[BIF]
Players
333 posts
4,989 battles
6 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

@K82J

I'm curious...

why Blyska and not Friesland?

Didnt had enough fxp back then, (just bought Nelson ), and i am not really interested in her.

I dont mind keeping the fxp, maybe i get the Moskva now before the line split.

• Cool 1