Sign in to follow this  
Ramalamadingdong

Thanks you WG

5 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2 posts
445 battles

Thank you Wargaming,

Thank you for the quick turn around and blocking the aim assist cheat. The difference pre patch and post patch is like night and day. Before the patch everyone was hitting shots from 16+km no matter what turns or speed changes I did, now i can turn or change speed and watch those shells fly harmlessly past me. Its like a different game for me now, a game that there is a point playing.

The difference this change has made to survivability is astounding and to me really shows how many people where using the aim assist cheat.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
769 posts
608 battles

The problem is that the developer of the mod welcomed the block. A new version will evidently show up and i hope wargaming have a plan in place to stop further iterations of the mod. I can see all mods being blocked in the future as the aim assist mod will continue to show up and wargaming can do nothing but block it each patch. That means its a possible 2-3 week wait until a new aim assist module is released i presume. The aim assist developer hopefully will not be able to find a way around wargaming's block. I hope the mod suffers a fatal blow in the future.

I neither support or oppose the mod though. I'm neutral. 

Beta Tester
131 posts
1,999 battles

I agree completely that it's a good thing that the aiming cheat is gone, but I think you've overestimated it's actual impact on the game. Even if one knows exactly where to aim, there's still a huge amount of RNG which determines the spread of the shells. A shell still has to hit exactly on the mark to get a citadel penetration. I did try this "mod" to be able to have an informed opinion on it, and my conclusion was that the mod helped get the shells on target (if the target was going in a straight line), and that in itself improved the probability of a shell "accidentally" hitting the citadel, but all in all it did nothing for me except at extreme ranges.

The biggest impact that the latest patch has had in terms of getting hit, is making battleships and cruisers able to turn on a dime (which is just silly, in my opinion). That's really what's making you able to dodge those shells.

Beta Tester
12 posts
515 battles

The problem is that the developer of the mod welcomed the block. A new version will evidently show up and i hope wargaming have a plan in place to stop further iterations of the mod. I can see all mods being blocked in the future as the aim assist mod will continue to show up and wargaming can do nothing but block it each patch. That means its a possible 2-3 week wait until a new aim assist module is released i presume. The aim assist developer hopefully will not be able to find a way around wargaming's block. I hope the mod suffers a fatal blow in the future.

I neither support or oppose the mod though. I'm neutral. 

I believe the aim assist mod as was used an old asset from alpha which did have target lead markers for guns, it may well be a change to this old asset that killed it.

[OILUP]
Beta Tester
1,411 posts
8,570 battles

I wouldn't be so optimistic as you people are, the word on the street is that there is already a working aim-assist cheat for the 3.1.0.

Sign in to follow this