You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
stoney20206

A place for everyone.

48 comments in this topic

[RFTN]
Players
12 posts
2,435 battles

I wrote here in  believing that it was a place for everyone. I nov know that as a beginner you  have to keep quiet otherwise it is like in The ugly Duckling.

I hope that next time the answers will be little more nice and concentrate on the supject. 

Thank you.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Players
564 posts
1,767 battles

Ask for help/advice/guidance and the forumites are wonderful.

Post a replay and ask 'what did I do wrong?' and you will get good advice.

• Cool 8
  • Bad 1

Players
2,307 posts
18 minutes ago, stoney20206 said:

I wrote here in  believing that it was a place for everyone. I nov know that as a beginner you  have to keep quiet otherwise it is like in The ugly Duckling.

I hope that next time the answers will be little more nice and concentrate on the supject. 

Thank you.

How old are you?

'Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me....'

Sometimes 'NICE' does nothing because an OP doesn't accept an answer.... sorry but grow thicker skin.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 2

[XTREM]
Players
1,833 posts
14,116 battles

I think in general people were pretty nice and not mean to you though.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Vor 25 Minuten, stoney20206 sagte:

I nov know that as a beginner you  have to keep quiet otherwise it is like in The ugly Duckling.

Enlighten me: How does a beginner acquire a Georgia and a Jean Bart?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6
  • Bad 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,833 posts
14,116 battles
Just now, MementoMori_6030 said:

Enlighten me: How does a beginner acquire a Georgia and a Jean Bart?

The way I see it, it's not his fault. If one must lay blame for that, it should be upon WG for giving the option to beginner players in the first place.

• Cool 13

[CATS]
Players
27,517 posts
14,594 battles
30 minutes ago, stoney20206 said:

Thank you.

Ask for help and you will get help.

Trying to change something that you do understand yet will not get you much sympathy.

• Cool 9

Players
5,154 posts
56 minutes ago, stoney20206 said:

Thank you.

If you had posted that on WoT forums...

31 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

I think in general people were pretty nice and not mean to you though.

... it would have been... 'different'... :Smile_ohmy:

The forum is a place for everyone, both current and past players, IMO. We can do with more diversity of opinions, but be prepared to get a thorough shoot down when necessary. I frequently get that too...

They gave you explanations why what you suggested would not be a good idea. As for the point about the quizz, don't know, but this game sure could do with fun kind of competitions and events as opposed to horrid, constant grindfests, so I'd be willing to give +1 for any suggestion that goes in that direction.

Edited by Karasu_Hidesuke

[XTREM]
Players
1,833 posts
14,116 battles
3 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

If you had posted that on WoT forums...

WoT NA forums was a cesspit. Moderation was also garbage tier. 

I haven't been there in years, and I don't plan on visiting again. 

Hm, come to think of it, I haven't played WoT in years either.

Players
5,154 posts
8 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

Hm, come to think of it, I haven't played WoT in years either.

You haven't lost much...

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Vor 19 Minuten, Karasu_Hidesuke sagte:

but this game sure could do with fun kind of competitions

How about WoWs pong? Teams using their ships to bounce back a projectile until it crosses one of the baselines? :Smile_Default:

• Funny 3

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,378 posts
9,371 battles
2 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

How about WoWs pong? Teams using their ships to bounce back a projectile until it crosses one of the baselines? :Smile_Default:

Might aswell do a wows version of rocket league then

[PN4VY]
Players
358 posts
6,877 battles

You started your last thread by telling us you are an english teacher.
Despite your grammar mistakes, you did this to help your case pushing your suggestions.
Which were bad. Because you are new and have zero experience.
Regarding the mocking of your use of english, you did this to yourself.
And the people who responded to your suggestions were polite but against them.
So yea, welcome and grow a thicker skin.

• Cool 9

Beta Tester
713 posts
1 hour ago, Miragetank90 said:

The way I see it, it's not his fault. If one must lay blame for that, it should be upon WG for giving the option to beginner players in the first place.

well, adult, who has been a teacher for several decades should know better - not to rush to top tiers where he/she is not able to carry his own weight. it's not that complicated concept ... at least not for teacher ...

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,645 posts
24,394 battles
1 hour ago, stoney20206 said:

Thank you.

u wrote here because u did believe u got something to say on a matter u not really can understand by urself yet. and instead of asking things that could help u understand u did decide to make, more or less, useless suggestions. at least most of these suggestions got a high probaility to be perceieved as useless by people who do have a clue about what u're talking.

thus the responses, of which most had been totally appropiate imo.

b4 reflecting the behaviour of the people who did response not so kind u might take an approach on reflecting the triggering initiative, which came from u.... in short: don't blame them for ur own mistakes and might check urself b4 u do with others. njoy... plz mainly on low tiers, thx.

• Cool 2

[RODS]
Players
1,349 posts
7,295 battles
2 hours ago, stoney20206 said:

Thank you.

Sorry that I didn´t comment your suggestions, from my point of view I thought your whole post was a joke

I will take time to answer

Done

Good luck ingame 

Players
702 posts
10,301 battles
2 hours ago, stoney20206 said:

Thank you.

The "issue" is more like the following:

Your original post essentially said :

"I paid money for advanced ships and yet I still lose really easily even though I haven't learned the very basics of game-play yet!   Change the game so this doesn't happen!""

And, in response, you were told "Learn the game by playing the lower ranks first, then come back."

And you didn't like those answers.

So now, you're saying "Please give me answers that I will like more, otherwise I will call you meanie-weenies."

Tbph chap, you wont get a very positive response acting like that on any forum in the world.

• Cool 11

Players
5,154 posts
2 minutes ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

The "issue" is more like the following:

Your original post essentially said :

"I paid money for advanced ships and yet I still lose really easily even though I haven't learned the very basics of game-play yet!   Change the game so this doesn't happen!""

And, in response, you were told "Learn the game by playing the lower ranks first, then come back."

And you didn't like those answers.

So now, you're saying "Please give me answers that I will like more, otherwise I will call you meanie-weenies."

Tbph chap, you wont get a very positive response acting like that on any forum in the world.

BTW, the advice commonly given i.e.  'play lower tiers till you learn the game' is a bit problematic as the gameplay on those lower tiers is fundamentally different from the high tiers. This may be a good thing, as it gives as a little bit more variety and a chance to relax in between more challenging battles, though.

Still, in order to learn to play on higher tiers, you have to play on the higher tiers. Grinding the relevant tech trees all the way up there is essentially the only way to do that.

[CATS]
Players
27,517 posts
14,594 battles
29 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

BTW, the advice commonly given i.e.  'play lower tiers till you learn the game' is a bit problematic as the gameplay on those lower tiers is fundamentally different from the high tiers. This may be a good thing, as it gives as a little bit more variety and a chance to relax in between more challenging battles, though.

Still, in order to learn to play on higher tiers, you have to play on the higher tiers. Grinding the relevant tech trees all the way up there is essentially the only way to do that.

No, you have to advance slowly.

Most important things are:

• map knowledge
  • ship knowledge

It is better to easy into higher Tier by advancing slowly. As soon as you play Tier VI, you will get your share of Tier VIII gameplay. When you feel comfortable there, you advance to Tier VII and experience Tier VIII more often with your first tastes of Tier IX and so on.

Just jumping into Tier VIII or IX will just overwhelm and frustrate you. We have threads enough about such an experience.

• Cool 6

Players
5,154 posts
29 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

No, you have to advance slowly.

Most important things are:

• map knowledge
  • ship knowledge

It is better to easy into higher Tier by advancing slowly. As soon as you play Tier VI, you will get your share of Tier VIII gameplay. When you feel comfortable there, you advance to Tier VII and experience Tier VIII more often with your first tastes of Tier IX and so on.

Just jumping into Tier VIII or IX will just overwhelm and frustrate you. We have threads enough about such an experience.

Yes... at least for me grinding up the tech tree is slow. :Smile_sad:

[CATS]
Players
27,517 posts
14,594 battles
4 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Yes... at least for me grinding up the tech tree is slow. :Smile_sad:

But that way you learn the most.

• Cool 5

[TACHA]
Players
1,450 posts
16,123 battles

Couple of things.

1. I am very lucky as I am British and English is my first language. If the game was in any other language, I would have no idea. I agree that stating one is an English teacher and then making mistakes is not great but cut the poor chap some slack.

2. He has made the common mistake of looking at the nice big shiny toys in the store, comparing them with his tech tree ships and seeing they are much better. Most of us have up-tiered too soon, though I accept Tier IX is really pushing the boat out! I confess to disliking Tier IX more than any other tier, but I do mainly play the Neptune at that level!

So to the OP, just go back down to the lower tier and really learn the game mechanics. Pick a forgiving ship and wait till you master it and then go to the next one. I confess to playing over 1000 games in the St Louis at Tier 3 before I felt I was passably OK and I still stink at Tier IX and X as I don't have enough patience. You will also win more and will enjoy it. And remember, play in Co-Op is not really anything more than target practice - bots are better shots than many players but are predictable!

• Cool 2

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,481 posts
6,079 battles
7 hours ago, stoney20206 said:

Thank you.

If you ask for help, i find this forum will be more than happyto help.  only ones that get flamed down are ones Demanding and unwilling to get help.

• Cool 1