Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NothingButTheRain

So what's supposed to be so good about this ship again? (Henri IV)

34 comments in this topic

Players
5,979 posts
11,601 battles

So I dropped IFHE for Henri, as this was basically what everyone recommended to me.

I hadn't had time to test out these changes on this ship, but I had a battle in which I had 93 hits, 41 of these were shatters! And even though I have specced DE I got a laughable 2 fires.

On top of that, the enemy Audacity went to attack me with a SINGLE bomber when I was at like 1k hp left or so, I did the O click, bomber (yes ONE BOMBER!!!) came through my defenses and I gto killed.

53k damage done, why is this ship so bad?

I don't know, I never liked this ship that much to begin with but I am not seeing the good sides here.

I know this ship is (or was) supposed to be a counter to the Russian ships, but without IFHE it seems I get a lot of shatters while getting hardly any fires at all.

What is this thing supposed to be?

Anyone care to enlighten me?

shot-20.03.27_20.37.01-0979.jpg

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,904 posts
12,141 battles

Well, for starters it is not russian... 

Secondly... 

Nope, thats all i have. 

• Funny 12

Players
8,334 posts
9,210 battles

Congrats on getting henri AFTER it got is acceleration slaughtered and IFHE rework. Maybe a few weeks ago would have been a better time.

• Cool 3

Players
5,979 posts
11,601 battles
9 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Congrats on getting henri AFTER it got is acceleration slaughtered and IFHE rework. Maybe a few weeks ago would have been a better time.

I've had Henri for a very long time now, but at some point I stopped playing her as I didn't find this ship particularly good even before its nerfs.

It definitely got its acceleration nerfed, but to me the lack of damage is the real issue here.

2nd battle and I got an even more laughable 33k damage done with again almost half the shells shattering. Wth is this ship supposed to do here? What's its role? Because to me now this seems like the worst tier 10 ship there is and I'd sold it already if it weren't for the snowflakes.

I know how to play cruisers. But I definitely can't get to grasp this one here.

Players
5,979 posts
11,601 battles
13 minutes ago, kfa said:

Well, for starters it is not russian... 

Secondly... 

Nope, thats all i have. 

Yes, I get that. But that doesn't give me any answer that is of any use to me here.

Players
8,334 posts
9,210 battles
5 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I've had Henri for a very long time now, but at some point I stopped playing her as I didn't find this ship particularly good even before its nerfs.

It definitely got its acceleration nerfed, but to me the lack of damage is the real issue here.

2nd battle and I got an even more laughable 33k damage done. Wth is this ship supposed to do here? What's its role? Because to me now this seems like the worst tier 10 ship there is and I'd sold it already if it weren't for the snowflakes.

Did you look at IFHE rework? You basically are a weird Zao.

• Funny 2

Players
5,979 posts
11,601 battles
1 minute ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Did you look at IFHE rework? You basically are a weird Zao.

Yes, I did look at IFHE rework :Smile_facepalm:. Anything else?

[XTREM]
Players
1,797 posts
14,043 battles

It's not as good as it used to be, but it's still a fun ship to play. Looks like your fire RNG was kinda bad though.

Her playstyle hasn't changed, really.

Try to deal direct DMG via IFHE or drop it and spam the pennable bits of the enemy and try to get fires in the process. Use RB after they've damaged conned, to set a perma or two. See a broadside? Load AP and RB to burst into them, it's devastating at mid/close range especially, to any target.

She shines at exploiting opportunities and vulnerable targets and her mobility allows her to get around quickly and duke shots quite well still, even if it isn't quite as good as before. 

I saw you got blapped hard at the beginning by our Kurfurst from long range. You weren't playing the ship wrong there, you we're just kind of unlucky. 

Also, your Yueyang was really annoying me... 

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,670 posts
11,911 battles

Well I used to say : 'Why buy the Yoshino when you have the Henri?'

Now I would say Yoshino is a better ship for long range HE spamming due to pen and acceleration changes.

They over nerfed the Henri to be in my opinion.

• Cool 6

Players
5,979 posts
11,601 battles
14 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

It's not as good as it used to be, but it's still a fun ship to play. Looks like your fire RNG was kinda bad though.

Her playstyle hasn't changed, really.

Try to deal direct DMG via IFHE or drop it and spam the pennable bits of the enemy and try to get fires in the process. Use RB after they've damaged conned, to set a perma or two. See a broadside? Load AP and RB to burst into them, it's devastating at mid/close range especially, to any target.

She shines at exploiting opportunities and vulnerable targets and her mobility allows her to get around quickly and duke shots quite well still, even if it isn't quite as good as before. 

I saw you got blapped hard at the beginning by our Kurfurst from long range. You weren't playing the ship wrong there, you we're just kind of unlucky. 

Also, your Yueyang was really annoying me... 

My fire chance with the current setup is 25%. Or at least it's supposed to be 25% but it deosn't seem like it is.

Imo this ship is pretty bad.

If I play the ship the right way and am just getting unlucky multiple times, then perhaps this ship (almost wanted to write it with a 't' instead of a 'p', heh) is not worth my time. I'm not gonna waste my time with a ship I don't like to get the legendary.

Anyway, after 3 battles I decided to mothball her and if it weren't for the snowflakes, I would have sold her by now.

Players
5,979 posts
11,601 battles
14 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Well I used to say : 'Why buy the Yoshino when you have the Henri?'

Now I would say Yoshino is a better ship for long range HE spamming due to pen and acceleration changes.

They over nerfed the Henri to be in my opinion.

3rd match 94 hits with 41 shatters (and 4 torp belt hits), but at least this time I got 7 fires and ended up with 70k-ish damage done.

But this ship feels like a deadweight to me. This ship is puke.

I'm probably gonna ask this topic be closed since it is pointless now. This ship is doing nothing for me except costing me credits (yes even with Ocean Soul and Zulu and premium account) and giving me losses and frustration in return. FU Henri, bye.

Beta Tester
713 posts

indirectly it is one of the most valuable lessons- dont ever buy perma camo to any ship.

lesta/wg just decides to nerf it at some point and you are fcked

• Cool 3

Players
10,086 posts
11,852 battles
48 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

2nd battle and I got an even more laughable 33k damage done with again almost half the shells shattering. Wth is this ship supposed to do here? What's its role? Because to me now this seems like the worst tier 10 ship there is and I'd sold it already if it weren't for the snowflakes.

I know how to play cruisers. But I definitely can't get to grasp this one here.

Double rudder 4xl Kebab build used to work fine with Hodore captain and his improved EM to keep turrets on target, but that entirely relied on acceleration on top of usual WSAD keys to be effective. And fun.

The same build is still marvelous on Charles Martel though.

[SHAD]
Players
2,670 posts
11,911 battles
8 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

indirectly it is one of the most valuable lessons- dont ever buy perma camo to any ship.

lesta/wg just decides to nerf it at some point and you are fcked

I bought the bionic camo because I used to love this ship with its legendary.

Players
10,086 posts
11,852 battles
1 minute ago, gopher31 said:

There is very noice looking Daring/Jutland camo (grey/green/black)... but just as I've started seriously considering buying Daring one, first reload nerf happened. Rebought Jutland, another nerf on the horizon for both:cap_book:

How I'm supposed to spend existing stockpile on doubloons when WG reminds with unyielding fervor they can't be trusted with pretty much anything?

• Cool 2

Players
6,593 posts
10,790 battles
1 hour ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

- IFHE rework doesnt matter for Henri in randoms

- Accelartion neither. It was most useful in clan battles, when you put a Henri on the kiting flank, stern towards the enemys, dodging incoming fire with redicolous back and forth manouvers.

38 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I'm probably gonna ask this topic be closed since it is pointless now. This ship is doing nothing for me except costing me credits (yes even with Ocean Soul and Zulu and premium account) and giving me losses and frustration in return. FU Henri, bye.

Henri is still my favourite T10 cruiser. Played her a lot during last clan war season, played her in this ranked season (as in the ones before) and she delivers. You need to show us a replay of what you are doing, if you want some help to improve. It looks like you never use AP. Huge mistake.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
713 posts
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

and are you happy with the change? are you happy with your purchase?

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
11,327 battles

It is suppose to be a ,,port queen''. You do not grind it to play it...you do it to look at it you know you do it just for the looks of it! 

Anyway the game kinda needs a good farming ship right now, a ship that can say,,fack you'' to any of these bow in fighters(moskva,stalin,des moines,salem,battleships0 while at the same time being able to take some hits if proper positioned. 

[BBMM]
Players
6,098 posts
8,013 battles
1 minute ago, Animalul2012 said:

It is suppose to be a ,,port queen''. You do not grind it to play it...you do it to look at it you know you do it just for the looks of it! 

Anyway the game kinda needs a good farming ship right now, a ship that can say,,fack you'' to any of these bow in fighters(moskva,stalin,des moines,salem,battleships0 while at the same time being able to take some hits if proper positioned. 

How about Smolensk... you can even forget about positioning. :Smile_trollface:

Oh right they don'rt "sell" it any more. Dammit. 

• Funny 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,670 posts
11,911 battles
5 hours ago, hellhound666 said:

and are you happy with the change? are you happy with your purchase?

The camo is great but I don’t feel like playing Henri now. I did get some good use out of it though. I always buy a permanent camI if I grind the legendary. Recent changes were good for my GK and fantastic for my save camo equipped Des Moines.  

Players
1,119 posts
22,247 battles

Henri, hmm. It's a good ship for randoms, but we have Venezia and Smolensk to compete with it for competitive. Soon Venezia to be replaced by another Russian ship from the new branch.

[SHAD]
Players
2,670 posts
11,911 battles
1 hour ago, viceadmiral123 said:

Henri, hmm. It's a good ship for randoms, but we have Venezia and Smolensk to compete with it for competitive. Soon Venezia to be replaced by another Russian ship from the new branch.

Or two!!!

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,631 posts
24,292 battles

played with joy b4 the nerf. it's been nothing but crippled the last time after nerf i did play it. kleber, le terrible. those are the ships that now provide a hIV experience pre nerf. hIV itself is a portqueen to me atm. and that feels bad, miss it :Smile_sad:

this is my max dmg cruiser match btw (b4 nerf ofc):

248 977
Henri IV

been with ap and fires, no ifhe (no russian bb's at the time). rngeesus sometimes just says no. all in all the 3 french ships mentioned here are not pure firestarters, but with using windows of opportunity and making good use of the reload booster they can be a nightmare to fight against..... xcept hIV now ofc lol

[BBMM]
Players
6,098 posts
8,013 battles
13 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

- IFHE rework doesnt matter for Henri in randoms

- Accelartion neither. It was most useful in clan battles, when you put a Henri on the kiting flank, stern towards the enemys, dodging incoming fire with redicolous back and forth manouvers.

Henri is still my favourite T10 cruiser. Played her a lot during last clan war season, played her in this ranked season (as in the ones before) and she delivers. You need to show us a replay of what you are doing, if you want some help to improve. It looks like you never use AP. Huge mistake.

Well I got the perma-camo for free in some event-grind, so looks like I must grind Henry.
I have that "bionic" camo for the whole line starting from Algerie... so far I find them all quite meh.

Maybe I haven't discovered the playstyle yet.

Now, I do have Moskva "done" and I can go concentrate on those Frenchies.

But I find them pretty average so far. 

Sign in to follow this