Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mediaman1111

Newbie Question on how to spend/use my Credits

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
16 posts
10,166 battles

Hi all, sorry if this is already covered.

I have 750000 credits which I exchanged from gold coins.

I cannot for the life of me find how to actually buy anything with them or spend them!

When I clck on an upgrade module theres no option to spend them and trying to adda ship nothing comes up to enable me to use them.

Is this because its a CBT? or am I just missing something being stupid, im new to WOrld of... games btw, A 'mature' gamer :)

Cheers for any help guidance!!

Beta Tester
795 posts
2,413 battles

Hi all, sorry if this is already covered.

I have 750000 credits which I exchanged from gold coins.

I cannot for the life of me find how to actually buy anything with them or spend them!

When I clck on an upgrade module theres no option to spend them and trying to adda ship nothing comes up to enable me to use them.

Is this because its a CBT? or am I just missing something being stupid, im new to WOrld of... games btw, A 'mature' gamer :)

Cheers for any help guidance!!

Oh..... Oh sweety *pat pat*...

First of all never ever spend gold on getting credits in Wargamming games.

Use it to buy a premium vehicle or premium account instead. For example if you have + - 8000 gold, you can buy the USS Atlanta, which will earn you 200-300k per  game.

Second of all, jump in the first ship there is in your favourite nation, and start playing. The more you play, the more experience you will generate. Experience is sort of like research points that will let you unlock higher tier ships.

Done with first ship, got your second? Scrap the first one (your port slots are limited you know). You basically use experience to unlock stuff, and credits to buy that unlocked stuff.

Now you are in luck, because this is beta, and after beta and the account wipe, you will get all your gold back :P Hopefully you will spend it more wisely afterwards!

Happy sailing

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,674 posts
5,558 battles

You can only buy upgrades once they've been researched. Similarly you can only buy ships once they've been researched.

If you look at the modules, the upgrades will be a greeny colour and have a number next to them. If they have a star there then it means research "cost" - you'll need to "spend" this much xp to unlock them (you can only get xp by playing games). Once it's researched you'll then see a different number with a little stack of coins next to the module. This is the cost in credits to purchase and mount that module.

Same applies to researching/buying new ships

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
18 posts
2,523 battles

Hi Mediaman,

They've covered most stuff above but also - you need to progress down the ranks to unlock some of these features first. For example you must progress to rank two to enable PVP fights, I can't remember the specific ranks to open up ship upgrades but I think it's either 3 or 4. In the meantime get to rank 2 to get some PVP fights in (more xp and credits earned), start earning some experience and unlock more ships - you need to use credits to buy new ships as you progress down the tree anyway.

Beta Tester
160 posts
1,826 battles

Hi and welcome mediaman! :)

MassiveD covered the essentials in his answer, never ever convert gold into credits.

Here's my personal opinion on how to spend your gold, from top priority to bottom:

• Premium account: there are several durations available - one day, 3 days, a week, a month, 6 months, a year. One day is good if you've never tried premium and want to see what difference it makes ; other than that, I think a month is the preferred duration for most players, because it combines good value with flexibility. What a premium account does is it gives you +50% experience and +50% credits in all your games, regardless of the outcome.
  • Premium ship: you probably already have one (or more) of these if you bought into the CBT. Those ships allow you to make credits and convertible XP, and are also very practical to (re)train your crews. They usually require a fair investment in gold and are not always worth it, so be sure to carefully consider your purchase before you go through with it.
  • XP conversion: XP earned on premium ships or on regular ships that have attained 'elite' status (meaning all research is done, including the following ship in the tree) can be converted into 'free' XP in exchange for gold. The going rate is 1 gold for 25 XP. Free XP can then be used on any research (including on ships you have researched, but not bought), so it's handy to unlock modules (stock versions of ships are generally bad) or skip ships entirely (meaning researching through a ship to the next one in the tree without ever purchasing the skipped ship).
  • Minor expenses: 125 gold for starter captains with 3 skill points to spend is a decent deal imo. 25 gold to unmount upgrades is not worth it in CBT, but probably will in OBT/release with the real economy in place. I'd stay away from the 500 gold retraining however, it's just too expensive, pick the 50% retrain for 200k credits instead (and if you have a premium ship for that nation, put your captain in there until he's fully retrained).
  • Credit conversion: Don't. Especially in CBT with credits rolling in, it's absolutely pointless. It's always better to invest in something that will generate more credits in the long run (premium account and/or ship(s)).

Enjoy! :honoring:

Beta Tester
16 posts
10,166 battles

Oh dear :( i converted all my gold 500 coins to credits last night cause I thought I needed it to buy ships and upgrades GRRRR

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,674 posts
5,558 battles

Oh dear :( i converted all my gold 500 coins to credits last night cause I thought I needed it to buy ships and upgrades GRRRR

well when it changes to OBT everything gets wiped and you'll get all your gold back, so its not entirely terrible

Beta Tester
795 posts
2,413 battles

MassiveD covered the essentials in his answer, never ever convert gold into credits.

Here's my personal opinion on how to spend your gold, from top priority to bottom:

• Premium account: there are several durations available - one day, 3 days, a week, a month, 6 months, a year. One day is good if you've never tried premium and want to see what difference it makes ; other than that, I think a month is the preferred duration for most players, because it combines good value with flexibility. What a premium account does is it gives you +50% experience and +50% credits in all your games, regardless of the outcome.
  • Premium ship: you probably already have one (or more) of these if you bought into the CBT. Those ships allow you to make credits and convertible XP, and are also very practical to (re)train your crews. They usually require a fair investment in gold and are not always worth it, so be sure to carefully consider your purchase before you go through with it.
  • XP conversion: XP earned on premium ships or on regular ships that have attained 'elite' status (meaning all research is done, including the following ship in the tree) can be converted into 'free' XP in exchange for gold. The going rate is 1 gold for 25 XP. Free XP can then be used on any research (including on ships you have researched, but not bought), so it's handy to unlock modules (stock versions of ships are generally bad) or skip ships entirely (meaning researching through a ship to the next one in the tree without ever purchasing the skipped ship).
  • Minor expenses: 125 gold for starter captains with 3 skill points to spend is a decent deal imo. 25 gold to unmount upgrades is not worth it in CBT, but probably will in OBT/release with the real economy in place. I'd stay away from the 500 gold retraining however, it's just too expensive, pick the 50% retrain for 200k credits instead (and if you have a premium ship for that nation, put your captain in there until he's fully retrained).
  • Credit conversion: Don't. Especially in CBT with credits rolling in, it's absolutely pointless. It's always better to invest in something that will generate more credits in the long run (premium account and/or ship(s)).

I personaly would switch your 1st and 2nd point around :P Premium vehicles > premium accounts.

For the sole reason of if you ever decide to take a break for half a year (god knows Ive done that like 4 times in world of tanks), when you come back your premium vehicles are there for you, quivering in anticipation, unlike those backstabbing premium accounts, which are like expensive prostitutes when you really think about it Q.Q

Everything else is bang on really, couldn't agree more.

Edited by MassiveD

[L10NS]
Weekend Tester
415 posts
1,564 battles

At 25 gold a pop being able to unlock/demount modules you have added to a ship can be worth as much as 600,000 credits, especially so when you get to the higher tiers and the extra options offered. With the accelerated earnings in cbt it can still make sense to do this, although in obt it would be a no brainer.

Edited by playarci

[T_I_W]
Beta Tester
147 posts
12,593 battles

My 2p worth...

I only spend gold on stuff I can't get any other way..

1) Port slots so you can store more ships - only when they are discounted (usually at 50%)

2) Reserve so you can swap/retain captains for all your new ships - not needed to do this yet

3) Premium ships - Only after a lot of resarch on the forum and YouTube.

I'm not sure you need a premium for CBT really. I've only had the 1 free day when 0.3.1 came in and have progressed quite nicley. It's probably more worth it when you get past tier 6 ships as the cost in credits and XP gets quite high, so the x1.5 premium gives you helps.

Beta Tester
160 posts
1,826 battles

I personaly would switch your 1st and 2nd point around :P Premium vehicles > premium accounts.

For the sole reason of if you ever decide to take a break for half a year (god knows Ive done that like 4 times in world of tanks), when you come back your premium vehicles are there for you, quivering in anticipation, unlike those backstabbing premium accounts, which are like expensive prostitutes when you really think about it Q.Q

Everything else is bang on really, couldn't agree more.

Yeah you may have a point, however, whenever I return to WoT, it's usually in order to play a newly released tree branch, so I'm going to be playing standard (non-premium) tanks anyway, and I'm probably too old to endure the pain of the grind w/o a premium account. :P Hence for me prem account supersedes anything else. But usually, before I even resub, I play a few rounds with premium tanks to see if I really feel like giving it another go. And you're also very right about the premium accounts being backstabbing wenches - I mean, the number of times they ran out on me while my back was turned ><

My 2p worth...

I only spend gold on stuff I can't get any other way..

1) Port slots so you can store more ships - only when they are discounted (usually at 50%)

2) Reserve so you can swap/retain captains for all your new ships - not needed to do this yet

3) Premium ships - Only after a lot of resarch on the forum and YouTube.

I'm not sure you need a premium for CBT really. I've only had the 1 free day when 0.3.1 came in and have progressed quite nicley. It's probably more worth it when you get past tier 6 ships as the cost in credits and XP gets quite high, so the x1.5 premium gives you helps.

You are absolutely right, I forgot about port slots and reserve extension. I would file them under "Minor/occasional expenses".

Sign in to follow this