You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rage_Unchained

Money for Early Acess

48 comments in this topic

Players
132 posts
18,385 battles

Hi folks.

I just saw the news item in the port, talking about XP requirements for missions and giving a FAULTY link to forums to discuss the topic.
What I wanted to ask however - has Wargaming had the dignity to specify how much money we need to spend to eventually reach at least tier 8 early access ship (Olland)?
So far, I've completed the third directive, and I am still far off tier 7 boat, some 100+ tokens or so. I understand Wargaming likes money (cough*PR*cough*scam*cough*falseadvertising*cough), 

but they are now literally demanding you spend money (or doubloons which you get for money) on ships that will be regular researchable tech tree ships in couple of weeks. The missions they 

have given for "free" premium camos will require spenting far more doubloons than the premium camos for tier 9 and 10 ship will/would eventually cost on release of Swedes/Pan-EUs.

Does anyone have accurate calculation or at least fairly accurate esti,ate/guess of how much doubloons are required to unlock tier 8 and 9 (Olland and Ostergotland) in order to get the mission 

chain and ships themselves unlocked?

Thanks in advance!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
3,864 posts
11,355 battles

Around 100€

Its a choice purchase. 

The event before this one was even worse as you didn't have a guarantee on UK CA release to get any free ship but with the tokens you get at least the tier 5 and if you play actively the tier 6 for free. 

Next patch as in two weeks all these ships are released as a grind anyways. 

Why make it sound like this is a problem? 

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Players
132 posts
18,385 battles
9 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Around 100€

Thanks. So 100 euros for about 15k doubloons or so worth of camos?

10 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Its a choice purchase. 

Yes, overpay several times over the value of the items for 2 or less weeks of extra time to play these ships? I mean, they are going to be regular boats, wouldn't it make more sense for these to be cheaper, not more expensive, as the playerbase actually does the testing that Wargaming is incapable or unwilling of providing proper incentives for, on the PTS?

13 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

The event before this one was even wors

So, by this, it's ok that this event and the "rewards" are still bad or less terrible than the previous event? 

15 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Why make it sound like this is a problem? 

You think it isn't? Why not point out the problem?

• Boring 2

Players
3,864 posts
11,355 battles

Because WG is the one assigning a price. And you are the one deciding if you want to pay or not. They aren't obliged to consider what you want to offer.. 

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

I usually don't care about these things, but Swedish dds and nice camos... I could drop some coins to get them. I won't gamble for it and I won't pay 100€ for them, so I have to bow out. It is a 'choice purchase' so I'm not overly salty about it, but I can disagree to the increase of gambling elements I'm seeing in this game.

• Cool 4

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,046 posts
12,480 battles
45 minutes ago, Rage_Unchained said:

Does anyone have accurate calculation or at least fairly accurate esti,ate/guess of how much doubloons are required to unlock tier 8 and 9 (Olland and Ostergotland) in order to get the mission 

chain and ships themselves unlocked?

If you bought the Bundle in Week1 of the event (82 € or so) you received 1500 of the token - combined with all the token from directives, from login and the twitch-missions it should be enough for all ships I guess. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,864 posts
11,355 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, Wizard27_1979 sagte:

If you bought the Bundle in Week1 of the event (82 € or so) you received 1500 of the token - combined with all the token from directives, from login and the twitch-missions it should be enough for all ships I guess. 

And not only that. You also receive special signals and other goodies which are often forgotten.

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,046 posts
12,480 battles
Just now, Yoshanai said:

And not only that. You also receive special signals and other goodies which are often forgotten.

Yes, of course. If I remember correctly this bundle contained some credits, doubloons and an option to do 35:1-conversion, too (to get Smaland).

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,806 posts
14,064 battles

I think it would be problematic if it was something like early access without keeping to a release date/schedule, as several games have done in the past, basically just taking your money for an unfinished product and never following through.

In this case, however, we know it's coming in a matter of weeks. The way I see it, this just gives you an option  - to get a grindable ship early, if you want it. And if you do, for whatever reason, WG gets to make some money off it. That's OK.

It's not as egregious as having to pay just to access an unfinished game. 

imo the price is a little steep though. 

• Cool 1

[ARGUS]
Players
3,493 posts
7,969 battles
28 minutes ago, Rage_Unchained said:

You think it isn't? Why not point out the problem?

Which is buying into a techtree, befor it´s even out, very high :Smile_sceptic:

Players
132 posts
18,385 battles
29 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

Thanks! I was looking for that. Sheesh. 

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,356 posts
9,630 battles

Who
spends
money 
on
tech 
tree
ships
when researching a whole line and buying tier 10 takes you a week or two if you have premium account, some signal flags and camos + daily win bonus.

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts

Paying money for early access is like visiting a brothel because the girlfriend won't be able to visit you before next weekend...

• Funny 4

Players
132 posts
18,385 battles
37 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

imo the price is a little steep though. 

Damn man what an understatement :D Plus the gambling factor, didn't some countries slap them for this already?

Players
132 posts
18,385 battles
10 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Paying money for early access is like visiting a brothel because the girlfriend won't be able to visit you before next weekend...

Have you been to a brothel? Sometimes it's worth the money :D

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Gerade eben, Rage_Unchained sagte:

Have you been to a brothel? Sometimes it's worth the money :D

No, they had not enough money to pay me.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
683 posts
18,421 battles

has anyone actually considered it may be fun to grind the line, a lot more fun than a reset line.

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Peffers sagte:

has anyone actually considered it may be fun to grind the line, a lot more fun than a reset line.

Not really. I have reveiced the T5 as collateral damage of playing the game a bit, and as the Visby is the last historical WW2 DD class of Sweden (at T5, wtf?), I am not interested in the successive paper ships and cold war vessels.

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
683 posts
18,421 battles
4 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Not really. I have reveiced the T5 as collateral damage of playing the game a bit, and as the Visby is the last historical WW2 DD class of Sweden (at T5, wtf?), I am not interested in the successive paper ships and cold war vessels. 

you don't play any Soviet lines then, and German CVs are right out?

Players
132 posts
18,385 battles
19 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

No, they had not enough money to pay me.

LMFAO, good one +1 :D

18 minutes ago, Peffers said:

Fun grind? This is World of Warships, right?

11 minutes ago, Peffers said:

Most lines, for that matter, and why the plural for german CV?

[XTREM]
Players
1,806 posts
14,064 battles
27 minutes ago, Rage_Unchained said:

Damn man what an understatement :D Plus the gambling factor, didn't some countries slap them for this already?

Maybe. You do accumulate goodies in the end as well as the ship though. 

Whether or not that's worth it is up to the individual. 

Myself, I've never paid in these events. 

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,939 posts
5,356 battles

Haven't spent a single € on them, and I already have two in my port (Visby and Vesteros) and about half way (290 out of 600 needed) to the third (Skåne)

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Vor 24 Minuten, Peffers sagte:

I think I have about 70 ships, and the only one that was never built is Okhotnik (which is too ridiculous to ignore).

• Cool 1

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
683 posts
18,421 battles
27 minutes ago, Rage_Unchained said:

Most lines, for that matter, and why the plural for german CV?

Obviously you are not aware of the fantasy line of Axis Cvs

[SM0KE]
Players
5,834 posts
14,076 battles

I've spent enough, and ground enough to - just - unlock the T9; although this is clearly rather stupid, there are some (kind of) mitigating factors:

• I actually really like the ships so far, and (as I mentioned elsewhere) playing to get the cammo seems to generally call for about as much play time - with signals mounted - as would be required to unlock each subsequent tier, so I don't feel like I'm missing out too much, apart from on the stock configurations (which I'm quite happy to skip) and the 'experience' of dealing with swarms of T4 CVs at the lower tiers (which I'm *delighted* to skip).
  • Although the token elements are shameless RNG - I would much rather have 'spend x, and get y tokens' than gambling - the other stuff you get is reasonably worthwhile - dragon signals and coal, notably.
  • The permaflages that you get through just playing (if you play enough) cancel out rather a lot of the doubloons you need to spend to get the ships; of course, this only matters/works if you would have bought permaflages anyway.

That's not to say it isn't daft to buy into this early access stuff, but I do feel it isn't *completely* stupid...

• Cool 1