You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Sinksalot

EU Destroyers Event - Was There A Token Drop Miscalculation By WG?

11 comments in this topic

Players
565 posts
3,540 battles

Hi guys.

Now, it's very possible I have missed something about this event so please correct me if I'm wrong, and this isn't a rant of whine btw, I'm just inquiring because either the token drops or container drops seems miscalculate.

At a glance, I can see from when I scroll over the event on the port screen that the EU Destroyer Event is stated as "Part 1" which would suggest there is a "Part 2" and thus there will be a lot more containers coming down the tracks for us and as such, I am simply wrong and all is fine, possibly. I did look around the announcements and watched the event vid but I didn't see anything about it. That being true, I usually miss important info and find WoWs info pages often side track and contain way too much non-essential info about this and that but not so much the important stuff about the event or whatever the subject matter is. 

Anyway, my point is that unless I am wrong which is possible, the token drop rate of this EU event is SO far out, that there was NEVER a chance in hell of getting any ship beyond the tier7 at most with perhaps the odd 1% of the playerbase being incredibly lucky with their token drop rates. I have to wonder, have WG miscalculated their token drop rate for this event? Don't get me wrong I would expect the event to be designed in such a way as to require a person to fork out some cash in order to get the deficit of required tokens for the higher tier ships but this drop rate is so far off the pace I'll actually do well just to get the tier6 let alone the tier8 or 9 lol. 

Take a look at the screenshot.

8XwkfKo.jpg

Now, as you can see I currently have 510 tokens from 15 containers across 3 completed directives with just one directive left, the final 4th directive obviously. The 4th directive will reward 7 more and final containers. I don't think I have been unlucky with my token drop rate, maybe I have been? So that means I have averaged 34 tokens per container. In fact I was very lucky with one container which contained 140 tokens, or on the flip side of that, I have been perhaps unlucky with the 14 other containers lol.

As it stands, I would need a total of 600 tokens just to get the tier 6 ship. That's a further 90 tokens on what I currently have and when you consider how bad the drop rate of each container generally is and how lucky I was just the once with the 140 token drop, it's actually realistic that with my final 7 containers, I possibly don't even get that 90 remaining tokens lol! 

For the tier7 I would need a twice the token value, it's the same price in tokens as the tier5 and tier6 ships combined! For just a tier 7! :Smile_amazed: 

Ok, the tier8 was most likely always going to be designed to be purposefully an unattainable free ship and would require players to have to purchase it's remaining deficit of tokens with money which I can accept but I'll be lucky if I can unlock the tier6 for free and so if I want the tier8 I need to also purchase the tier7 AND tier8 token requirement?? Holy shhhhh and if I want the tier9 lol..... I would most likely need to purchase a further 2400 tokens after this event! Wow, just wow. :Smile_veryhappy:

Like I said though, maybe there is a second part to this event with a lot more containers and tokens? surely? WG don't honestly think that was a realistic drop rate do they? Do they honestly expect players to purchase up to 2400 tokens, possibly even more, do they? Can someone do the math on how much money that would cost btw in case my calculations are wrong? Looking at the screenshot its 1000 gold for 60 tokens, not sure if that varies with each purchase since randomly chances by the look of it. So that's 2400 divided by 60 tokens is 40 which is then multiplied by 1000 gold, equals, 40k gold which would currently cost a person just over €100. Would you pay €100 for these remaining ships after grinding your balls off for 4 really grindy directives? No way I would but to each their own I suppose. 

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,254 posts
6 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

At a glance, I can see from when I scroll over the event on the port screen that the EU Destroyer Event is stated as "Part 1" which would suggest there is a "Part 2"

of course there will be a part 2, but as usual not with the same "special stuff" like part 1, so no more containers

7 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

Anyway, my point is that unless I am wrong which is possible, the token drop rate of this EU event is SO far out, that there was NEVER a chance in hell of getting any ship beyond the tier7 at most with perhaps the odd 1% of the playerbase being incredibly lucky with their token drop rates.

Tier 5 is guaranteed, tier 6 almost sure, for tier 7 you need luck and for tier 8 & 9 you have to invest real money (except you are very very lucky). and that's fine imho.

• Cool 1

Players
10,086 posts
11,852 battles
24 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

Like I said though, maybe there is a second part to this event with a lot more containers and tokens? surely? WG don't honestly think that was a realistic drop rate do they? Do they honestly expect players to purchase up to 2400 tokens, possibly even more, do they? Can someone do the math on how much money that would cost btw in case my calculations are wrong? Looking at the screenshot its 1000 gold for 60 tokens, not sure if that varies with each purchase since randomly chances by the look of it. So that's 2400 divided by 60 tokens is 40 which is then multiplied by 1000 gold, equals, 40k gold which would currently cost a person just over €100. Would you pay €100 for these remaining ships after grinding your balls off for 4 really grindy directives? No way I would but to each their own I suppose. 

You're playing a game where not so long ago you could buy yourself a tier 10 ship for what was it, 200€? Now you have option to buy tier 10 DD for even more modest price of 250€ in doubloons.

WG doesn't want you to spend money. They want you to spend ALL the money

Players
565 posts
3,540 battles

Wait, so these aren't even premium ships? Someone is going to spend over €100  for some tech tree ships?? Wahahaaha! My sides!

giphy.gif

• Funny 1

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,046 posts
12,461 battles
5 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

Wait, so these aren't even premium ships? Someone is going to spend over €100  for some tech tree ships?? Wahahaaha! My sides!

giphy.gif

Exactly - it's just early access since a few years for each new line. 

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,064 posts
10,875 battles
8 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

giphy.gif

That's the way WG have been for a while now.

Players
3,863 posts
11,333 battles
Vor 10 Minuten, Sir_Sinksalot sagte:

giphy.gif

Hello.

You get as far as I know the premium cammo with the ship which normally would cost doubloons. 

Of course the money spend is more than their value (T9 cammo is 15€+ T8 10€+ T7 7€+ T6 5€.) total value of 37€.

You are buying all the ships as early access for 70 euros basically. And the cammos for 37€.

• Funny 1

Players
671 posts
10,218 battles
5 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Hello.

You get as far as I know the premium cammo with the ship which normally would cost doubloons. 

Of course the money spend is more than their value (T9 cammo is 15€+ T8 10€+ T7 7€+ T6 5€.) total value of 37€.

You are buying all the ships as early access for 70 euros basically. And the cammos for 37€.

There's no real value in the premium camouflages UNLESS you intend to regularly play that ship though.

(Who is really going to spend a lot of time playing the 5,6,7 ships (f.ex) which are pretty pants, especially so in this age of the REEEEEEEEwork.)

Why would anybody spend money on buying tech-tree ships is simply the matter of who has the disposable income to do so... for some it is, literally, nothing, for others its a complete waste of money.

• Cool 1

Players
2,962 posts
16,897 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

Hi guys.

Now, it's very possible I have missed something about this event so please correct me if I'm wrong, and this isn't a rant of whine btw, I'm just inquiring because either the token drops or container drops seems miscalculate.

At a glance, I can see from when I scroll over the event on the port screen that the EU Destroyer Event is stated as "Part 1" which would suggest there is a "Part 2" and thus there will be a lot more containers coming down the tracks for us and as such, I am simply wrong and all is fine, possibly. I did look around the announcements and watched the event vid but I didn't see anything about it. That being true, I usually miss important info and find WoWs info pages often side track and contain way too much non-essential info about this and that but not so much the important stuff about the event or whatever the subject matter is. 

Anyway, my point is that unless I am wrong which is possible, the token drop rate of this EU event is SO far out, that there was NEVER a chance in hell of getting any ship beyond the tier7 at most with perhaps the odd 1% of the playerbase being incredibly lucky with their token drop rates.

Stopped reading here. You arent from around here, are you?

Expecting generousity from WG is like...nah forget it:cap_tea:

Players
648 posts
2 hours ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

You can get 60 tokens for 1000 doubloons or you just grind the line when it releases. Not a miscalculation.

My roll for the bundles was only 40 tokens. Not worth it.