You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jack_the_Stripper

Time Limit on Battleto 30 min

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
25 posts
2,652 battles

20 min is way to short a time this is not wot where you can go from one side of the map to another in 2 min, and these cap map's are ok but at times over before your men are on deck, should not be 300 to 1000 wtf is that give us 30 min and 300-2000. No love this game but these are ships and need time to do crap like turn shoot and sail? it's like a crap load of t95 TD's going at it and they need time to get things on :P

If this topic om this some where I'll just post this to as the first one did not seem to do much about this problem.

• Cool 1

[VC]
Weekend Tester
114 posts
10,457 battles

20 Minutes are fine. Time problems only start if the whole battleship group does sail to the very edges of the map and -after the score is 300:900- slowly starts to realize they might be needed somewhere else...

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
48 posts
570 battles

20 Minutes is ok.     It is only problem with bigger maps where players can sail far to edges and then do nothing for rest of battle.  But its human problem and not the time limit problem.    

Another human problem is that players are very defensive (its hard to trust random) and over half of battle is shooting from half top half sometimes.  Which will probably leads to draw.

And it leads to why I like Domination games, cause it actually force players to be active and draw there is pretty uncommon.

Beta Tester
25 posts
2,652 battles

20 min is inadequate this is a slow game compared to wot and that's fine but a slow game needs more time to play, and these naval battles first start to gen fun when you have 10 min left to play but very often they don't last more then 10 min as DD's cap, and more than often the team with most DD's wins

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
92 posts
335 battles

I pleed myself guilty of drawing some matches, just because I completely forget about the timer, when I'm driving a BB...

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,340 posts
3,342 battles

20 minutes are more than enough. People need to learn not to sail at the edges of the map. After a time people will adjust their game play and we'll get balance, as soon as they've had enough draws/losses and understand why.

[PST]
[PST]
Alpha Tester
475 posts
5,140 battles

20min is enough time to do a battle imoho, but yes i can see why the 25min reason though. as i made a few draws myself as i couldnt see the clock timer on the top right side before it was to late, should have that clock blink at 5min to the end game so people could respond faster.

but 25min would been way less draws and less panicing in the end 5min like its now.

when people who look at the clock start panicing at the 5min timer the game can suddenly go turn 180 because of that group may try to rush the cap and try to kill while going to it. and the defenders with less ships can relax shooting the ones that go to their cap, happened lots of times :)

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,340 posts
3,342 battles

Would be nice if we could have an option to set a couple of warning "dings", one at 10 mins and one at 5 mins. That way people would get out of their sniper-zoom and go for cap at times. ;-)

Beta Tester
512 posts
671 battles

20 minutes for a match is fine in my opinion. Yes there are a lot of draws but only because some people lack map awareness. I'm guilty of that myself sometimes.