Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST - Changes to test ships

20 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,042 posts
3,514 battles

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our game's website.

New Soviet Tier IX battleship Zarya Svobody was added to the game for testing. This ship is based on the Soviet battleship Sovetsky Soyuz. At the moment, the concept of the ship involves the following changes:

Zarya Svobody will have the accuracy settings standard for tier IX battleships, the AA defense parameters and model of S. Soyuz (A) hull and Hit Points and maneuverability of S. Soyuz (B) hull.

• Accuracy settings for the main caliber guns are adjusted to the standard settings for tier IX battleships.
  • Sigma parameter increased from 1.7 to 1.9.

Japanese battleship Asama, Tier VIII:

• Main battery reload time increased from 30 to 33 s;
  • Sigma parameter increased from 1.8 to 1.9.

Increasd main batterty reload time and accuracy upgrade will emphasize the difference between Asama and her prototype - Japanese Tier VIII battleship Amagi.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Players
5 posts
8,068 battles

Vor 21 Minuten, Tanatoy sagte:

New Soviet Tier IX battleship Zarya Svobody was added to the game for testing. This ship is based on the Soviet battleship Sovetsky Soyuz. At the moment, the concept of the ship involves the following changes:

Zarya Svobody will have the accuracy settings standard for tier IX battleships, the AA defense parameters and model of S. Soyuz (A) hull and Hit Points and maneuverability of S. Soyuz (B) hull.

Another sovjet ship? Don't we have enough of them?

• Cool 4

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,042 posts
3,514 battles
4 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

this can be tested at in pts ?

Hi,

No, so far only in the ST (the Super Test) client. To access it, you need to be a supertester. 

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
3,820 posts
4,710 battles
29 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

Zarya Svobody

I know Sovietsky Soyuz was the name of the ship in rl, but Dawn of Freedom has such a nice ring to it, you maybe should find a use for that name, even if it doesn't replace the SS name wise.

Players
7,095 posts
8,058 battles

Two copypasta BBs with uninspiring changes. And no, I'm not asking for some fancy gimmick concepts like Impero with SAP and exhaust smoke or Georgia with speed boost, but can we maybe get a bit more effort put into ships? Like, none of these two ships existed or was even planned. Why not make premiums that were actually existing ships or planned classes that have not yet been put into the game? Like, why do we need Asama and can't just make a Tosa?

I'd feel much less worried about the game if beautifully modelled premium/reward ships like Yoshino and Ark Royal would be the rule, not the exception among copypasta designs (Thunderer, Ohio, Yashima, FDR, Baijie, ...)

• Cool 6

[VENOM]
Players
113 posts
3,730 battles

So Amagi/Asama reminds me of Izumo/Bajie

The Zarya...mystery:cap_haloween:

Players
1,121 posts
2,895 battles
23 minuti fa, Tanatoy ha scritto:

• Accuracy settings for the main caliber guns are adjusted to the standard settings for tier IX battleships.

Well, as many i think will point out, i don't really see the need for it, but i'm kind of neutral on this; i'm not against it as i'm not in favour if it. 

28 minuti fa, Tanatoy ha scritto:

I have the bad feeling that with the improved sigma she might feel better than Amagi, in the sense that having bettern sigma (and longer reload) while the other parameters would stay the same (i'm not saying that they are, it's just that you only shared the sigma and the reload) might result in a ship that it's just better than the tech-tree counterpart, because having a longer reload with better accuracy isn't really that big of a drawback; it's like a sniper rifle, you don't need the rate of fire of a machine gun when you can with (and most likely one-shot) stuff almost every time. So i think that she needs something else; maybe less range; or she might be slower or something. i know that the ship is subjected to change, but that's why i'm saying this, in my opinion she needs another drawback than just longer reload.

[DREAD]
Players
8,857 posts
6,296 battles
2 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our game's website.

Increasd main batterty reload time and accuracy upgrade will emphasize the difference between Asama and her prototype - Japanese Tier VIII battleship Amagi.

Out of curiosity: is this to test changes to these two lines or are these actual ships intended for players later on?

• Cool 2

Players
9,113 posts
10,671 battles
1 hour ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Two copypasta BBs with uninspiring changes. And no, I'm not asking for some fancy gimmick concepts like Impero with SAP and exhaust smoke or Georgia with speed boost, but can we maybe get a bit more effort put into ships? Like, none of these two ships existed or was even planned. Why not make premiums that were actually existing ships or planned classes that have not yet been put into the game? Like, why do we need Asama and can't just make a Tosa?

I'd feel much less worried about the game if beautifully modelled premium/reward ships like Yoshino and Ark Royal would be the rule, not the exception among copypasta designs (Thunderer, Ohio, Yashima, FDR, Baijie, ...)

These two smell of AL collab. While Russians planned to build 15 battleships of Projekt 23 (Sov.Soyuz class), that generous numbers was eventually cut down to 4, already laid down in docks (Soyuz, Ukraina, Rossiya, Belorussiya), with last one being scrapped fast.

Kii class were based on Amagi design... We have Kii already, while in AL there is Suruga.

Also @Tanatoy check your typos :Smile_smile:

Players
7,095 posts
8,058 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

These two smell of AL collab. While Russians planned to build 15 battleships of Projekt 23 (Sov.Soyuz class), that generous numbers was eventually cut down to 4, already laid down in docks (Soyuz, Ukraina, Rossiya, Belorussiya), with last one being scrapped fast.

Kii class were based on Amagi design... We have Kii already, while in AL there is Suruga.

Also @Tanatoy check your typos :Smile_smile:

Issue is, if it was Suruga, then they'd base it off a Kii hull, not an Amagi hull. 

• Cool 1

Players
9,113 posts
10,671 battles
1 minute ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Issue is, if it was Suruga, then they'd base it off a Kii hull, not an Amagi hull. 

AFAIK Kii's were based on Amagi BC. That or smokescreen to add AL Amagi to the game.

Players
7,095 posts
8,058 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

AFAIK Kii's were based on Amagi BC. That or smokescreen to add AL Amagi to the game.

We got so much smokescreen for Arashi.

And Kii has same layout as Amagi, but the qualities of the hull are different in terms of armour protection. This here looks more like an Amagi that got the Baijie deal.

• Cool 1

Players
1,121 posts
2,895 battles

@Bunny_Lover_Kallen @Panocek On my magazine it says that the Kii were greatly inspired by the Amagi class, with the only very minor differences being that the Amagi was faster of about 0,25 knots while the Kii had more armour.

I'm honestly wtill waiting for the Number -13 class with 4x2 457mm guns

IJN_battleship_design_of_Project-13_clas

7 minuti fa, Bunny_Lover_Kallen ha scritto:

This here looks more like an Amagi that got the Baijie deal.

The same thing i thought

Players
7,095 posts
8,058 battles
2 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

@Bunny_Lover_Kallen @Panocek On my magazine it says that the Kii were greatly inspired by the Amagi class, with the only very minor differences being that the Amagi was faster of about 0,25 knots while the Kii had more armour.

I mean, one can look at the two ships ingame, they have different models with different protection schemes. Kii has better belt, Amagi has better torp protection and turtleback.

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,550 posts
9,231 battles
36 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

I'm honestly wtill waiting for the Number -13 class with 4x2 460 mm guns

Fixed.

• Cool 1

Players
1,121 posts
2,895 battles
1 ora fa, WolfGewehr ha scritto:

Fixed.

IJN battleship design of Project-13 class.jpg
Right elevation line drawing of the design for the Number 13 class
Class overview
Builders:
Operators: 23px-Naval_ensign_of_the_Empire_of_Japan Imperial Japanese Navy
Preceded by: Kii class
Succeeded by: Yamato class
Planned: 4
Cancelled: 4
General characteristics
Type: Fast battleship
Displacement: 47,500 t (46,700 long tons) (normal)
Length: 274.4 m (900 ft 3 in)
Beam: 30.8 m (101 ft 1 in)
Draft: 9.8 m (32 ft 2 in)
Installed power:
Propulsion: 4 shafts; 4 × geared steam turbines
Speed: 30 knots (56 km/h; 35 mph)
Armament:
Armor:

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,550 posts
9,231 battles
2 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

snip

Predicted such an answer.

704620421_460shellold.thumb.png.a25ef4dbd93a3364f0e269ce43e46168.png

That's the shell planned for the 46 cm/50 guns for Number 13 later designs. Tell me how you fit that into a barrel with 457 mm diameter?

Spoiler

In no way, so the true caliber of the gun is 460 mm, and people can finally stop referring to Wikipedia regarding this.

• Funny 1

Players
296 posts
On 3/26/2020 at 10:00 AM, Tanatoy said:

Another sit and scratch your A** while a target slips away reload, I'll pass on that pile of :etc_swear: then, It annoys me enough on the Lenin. But I do have all the calmness and patients of a Wasp :Smile-angry:

1.Copy

2.Paste

3.Nerf

Sign in to follow this