Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
TheWarJaC

Issues with the NVIDIA GeForce Updated Driver

11 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
203 posts
443 battles

Commanders!

Some of you may have encountered troubles with launching the game after the NVIDIA video card update to GeForce Game Ready Driver 445.75 version. We have already passed the information about this issue to the NVIDIA team and will be further monitoring the problem.

As now, we do not recommend updating the NVIDIA video card until the problem is resolved.

If you have already experienced this issue, we suggest to rollback to the previous video game card version.

Thank you for your attention, I wish you all fair winds and following seas.

Edit: apparently the problem was related to you have enabled "Image Sharpening" from the NVIDIA Control Panel. Nvidia provided a Hotfix-Driver to address the issue https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5009

TheWarJaC

• Cool 2

Players
983 posts
2,733 battles

Well... I did updated the driver 2 days ago, but i have no issues at all. I did have some issues yesterday, but it was because of my connection, not the driver; in fact today i already launched the game twice with no issues. 

I might just be one of those that don't have the problem.

• Cool 2

Players
1 post
19,254 battles

Updated my drivers to 445.75 few days back also.

Initially I had the problem of being able to get to the port screen but when trying to join/launch game in random or co-op mode, it would attempt to join, but then go back to the port screen.

After an integrity check of the game files, same, (no mods used or installed), but after uninstalling Nvidia Geforce experience and leaving the rest of the driver files installed, and all was fine,  and able to join into games.

Maybe it is directly related to Nvidia Geforce experience not 100% sure, but it has worked for me, without having to roll back my drivers.

Hope this is of help to some others who are experiencing the same issue.

[D_RO]
Players
8 posts
11,919 battles

Thx for info abouth the Nvidia driver  !  I not make the update but Not possible to Log On in my Eu Server now :(  and try by many times  , same I not find any Info how is some problems , know something ? Thank you  and stay safe all 

Screenshot (32).png

Edited by ArchibaldTM

Players
1 post
818 battles

Im using a old driver with the same problem. Not possible to Log on to the Eu Server.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
203 posts
443 battles

2 ore fa, WinterThrasher ha scritto:

Yesterday - everything fine. Today - can't start the game.

Hi WinterThrasher, 

your problem accessing the game was due to our announced maintenance of the server, which unfortunately lasted longer than expected.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

All the players affected by it will be able to claim tomorrow a compensation.

Stay safe Captains!

TheWarJaC

• Cool 1

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,575 posts
11,107 battles
On 3/25/2020 at 11:41 AM, wot_2016_gunner said:

Well... I did updated the driver 2 days ago, but i have no issues at all. I did have some issues yesterday, but it was because of my connection, not the driver; in fact today i already launched the game twice with no issues. 

I might just be one of those that don't have the problem.

Somebody found out that it is/was related if you had turned on "Image sharpening" globally - that's why Nivdia provided a Hotfix-Driver: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5009

@TheWarJaC Can you please put the link into opening post?

• Cool 3

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
203 posts
443 battles
1 minuto fa, Wizard27_1979 ha scritto:

Somebody found out that it is/was related if you had turned on "Image sharpening" globally - that's why Nivdia provided a Hotfix-Driver: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5009

@TheWarJaC Can you please put the link into opening post?

Sure, thanks a lot! 😉

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,575 posts
11,107 battles
Just now, TheWarJaC said:

Sure, thanks a lot! 😉

Don't thank me, I stole it from @Tanatoy in French Section ;-)

• Cool 1

Players
2 posts
569 battles
4 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi WinterThrasher, 

your problem accessing the game was due to our announced maintenance of the server, which unfortunately lasted longer than expected.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

All the players affected by it will be able to claim tomorrow a compensation.

Stay safe Captains!

TheWarJaC

No problem!!!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this