Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AshGear

Suggestion to make 7vs7 arms race a permanent mode

Make 7vs7 Arms race mode permanent to offer more game play options for players.  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Make 7vs7 Arms race mode permanent to offer more game play options for players. Yay or Nay?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Yes but with some slight adjustents to buffs (plz post ideas if you select this option)
    • Yes but allow all teirs of ships instead of just TX

14 comments in this topic

[BRIT]
Players
19 posts
5,920 battles

Greetings wows community. :Smile_Default:

I've been playing only ranked for last couple a weeks, and recently posted about how i enjoyed it.

Ranked arms race 7vs7 have personally for me made the game much more enjoyable again, and it was a nice change compared to the standard random battle gamemode.

Imho this mode need to be permanent for players who dont enjoy the standard random battle mode.

Gameplay wise i found that Arms race offered alot more action, less snowballs effect games and overall more fun gameplay then random battle. People tend to be more team player oriented, and you had a feeling you could change the outcome of the battle mostly because of team size and overall smaller maps to navigate trough. 

In random battles u often face silly flanks where u find yourself extremely outnumbered due to a bad spawn or u simply get priority targeted by 6 players at once due to the gamemode having 12 ships per team and are deleted instantly like in eve online mass clan battles...

while i dont post here often, I've think i read about billion post of people being sick of random battles because of the above mentioned issues.. so i hope im not alone :cap_like:

Today i played maybe 8/11 matches of random battle and i quickly turned off Wows to go play something else or watch some streaming... i haven't felt that urge the last couple of weeks with arms race..

Random battles quickly reminded me of how boring the 12vs12 large maps meta is.... its just not for me imo.. 

So i thought to myself… this is a huge multiplayer game with a large playerbase and only one competitive game mode besides clan battles... most other game titles with this pvp minded setup offer alot more game modes then what Wows offers.

What are your thoughts guys? 

PS: Added new option in poll.. forgot to say the game mode should be open for ships of all tiers, of course with same restrictions as their is now.

[SHAFT]
Players
10,358 posts
9,122 battles

We already had that at some point, like almost 2 years ago?... it was utter crap tbh.

Yes, they improved some things compared to back then, but it was a standalone gamemode: Waiting times were horrible, and most people didnt bother at all. People ignoring buffs had a much bigger impact than ive seen this ranked (mostly from watching streamers, i dont like playing arms race due to it being so crap back then).

Quite frankly, the playerbase is not capable to make such a gamemode work. They are already overwhelmed with caps, time and points :cap_old:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[BRIT]
Players
19 posts
5,920 battles

@dfens_666 

Hmnnn what your pointing out aint quite the same as my own observations, maybe because it was ranked and people fought harder too obtain rank i dont know…. i wasnt playing 2 years ago, so i cant relate to your own experience.

Anyways i dont see the harm in trying to allow this game mode as permanent for a periode of time, since people who dont enjoy it can just play standard random battle all along like they done this entire ranked season. 

I hardly touched random battles during season 15.. so i wouldnt know if the waiting time where on regular basis longer then it is now that ranked season is over?? its the only logical reason i see for not implementing this game mode

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
14 ore fa, DFens_666 ha scritto:

Quite frankly, the playerbase is not capable to make such a gamemode work. They are already overwhelmed with caps, time and points

I agree with him: the average player can’t even read, a complex than average game mode like Arms Race won’t work...

Every time you think about increasing the complexity of the game, just remember that WG had to make auto-consumables for CVs :cap_book:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SHAFT]
Players
10,358 posts
9,122 battles
45 minutes ago, AshGear said:

so i wouldnt know if the waiting time where on regular basis longer then it is now that ranked season is over?? its the only logical reason i see for not implementing this game mode

Well back then i waited once 15 minutes for a battle (thought i had a screenshot, but guess i deleted it...) so it wasnt very attractive. Alltho, they also included 2 tiers which made things a bit more complicated and prolonged waiting times even more.

TBH, i dont see them doing another attempt. Since they pretty much removed it for 1,5 years, that already tells us something. Making it part of ranked season only forces people to play it, while otherwise they might not.

Players
6,620 posts
10,871 battles
8 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

I agree with him: the average player can’t even read, a complex than average game mode like Arms Race won’t work...

You two are (sadly) right about the state of our playerbase.

However Id still support @AshGear´s proposal even im not a huge fan of the gamemode myself. As long as its seperated from Randoms battles (like it used to be) and WG doesnt force it down my throat (with stupid directives where Id have to play that game mode) I say: let em have it. If there is a dedicated group of players, that enjoy arms race, they should have it.

• Cool 1

[BRIT]
Players
19 posts
5,920 battles
57 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Well back then i waited once 15 minutes for a battle (thought i had a screenshot, but guess i deleted it...) so it wasnt very attractive. Alltho, they also included 2 tiers which made things a bit more complicated and prolonged waiting times even more.

TBH, i dont see them doing another attempt. Since they pretty much removed it for 1,5 years, that already tells us something. Making it part of ranked season only forces people to play it, while otherwise they might not.

Im afraid u misunderstood my question directed to you. 

I've asked you if u found the waiting time for standard random battle mode was extended during the last couple of weeks we had season 15 running with 7vs7 arms race mode compared to normal waiting times. I've asked that question because if u didnt, i dont see any reason why they shouldnt try to make it a permanent game mode.

I didnt ask u if you found the waiting time long 2 years back for the arms race mode, when they first releasede it. 

PS: English aint my main form of writing, so im sorry if i didnt make it clear enough in the first post.

[BRIT]
Players
19 posts
5,920 battles
1 hour ago, Bics93 said:

Every time you think about increasing the complexity of the game, just remember that WG had to make auto-consumables for CVs :cap_book:

In my experience i did not find people unable to read the maps or go for the buffs, maybe its because i played in rank 6/7 most of the time i dont know… Anyways i dont see that being a reason if the mode should be an option or not, if a player dont play the objective in arms race, he wont do it in random battle either.

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
43 minuti fa, AshGear ha scritto:

In my experience i did not find people unable to read the maps or go for the buffs

I didn’t mean “read the map”, I’m speaking about reading basic text (try to join scenarios in random teams and you’ll see the struggle to complete tasks written in the top left corner of the screen) or understanding basic math (like “3500 additional HP on a 105.000HP battleship are not worth, while they are a great bonus on 20.000HP DDs” seem to be really hard to understand considering that for every DD without survivability expert in your team, you’ll surely see a BB with that perk).

As @DFens_666 said the playerbase can’t handle the simple concept of “capture and hold the white circle without being sunk in the first 5 minutes to win” so a mode which requires to “capture buffs which spawn in different positions during the course of the match and try to weaken the enemy team until the timer runs out, then try to close to the center of the map to capture and hold a shrinking objective to win” would be too hard to the the average joe... 

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
8 minuti fa, Bics93 ha scritto:

Do someone remember that space mode where you were able to respawn if you were on the attacking side? Most of the time your teammates exited the battle after being sunk the first time, so you had people writing “YOU CAN RESPAWN IN THIS GAME-MODE, DON’T QUIT AFTER THE FIRST DEATH” at the start of every match :Smile_teethhappy: 

[JRM]
Players
6,790 posts

No hated it when it was first around, hate it still...

[SHAFT]
Players
10,358 posts
9,122 battles
1 hour ago, AshGear said:

Im afraid u misunderstood my question directed to you. 

I've asked you if u found the waiting time for standard random battle mode was extended during the last couple of weeks we had season 15 running with 7vs7 arms race mode compared to normal waiting times. I've asked that question because if u didnt, i dont see any reason why they shouldnt try to make it a permanent game mode. 

I didnt ask u if you found the waiting time long 2 years back for the arms race mode, when they first releasede it. 

PS: English aint my main form of writing, so im sorry if i didnt make it clear enough in the first post.

Ah ok, well, it probably makes no difference to random battle queue. Afterall, Ranked/CBs/any other gamemode hardly affects that. But i still cant see that it would work, if only few players would want to play that mode.

The sad part is, that i would actually like Arms Race mode - but not with that playerbase :Smile_sad: So im just trying to be realistic, chances for success are low from any angle imo.

• Cool 1

[KITEN]
Players
284 posts
14,242 battles

Give sub 45% win rate players and CV their own game mode...

[BRIT]
Players
19 posts
5,920 battles

Ill rather take a rusty spoon and dig out my eyes then playing random battles atm... god its boring lol... ill might do some of the dailies and then gonna go play some Starcraft 2 / Star wars BF2 while waiting for next season Buuu huuue :Smile_sad: 

Hope WG soon implement an alternativ game mode lol 

Sign in to follow this