Sign in to follow this  
Corocotta15

Brindisi, that headache

16 comments in this topic

[NAES-]
Players
148 posts
21,603 battles

Hi all. I didnt find a particular tread about this ship, so I ask about her here. I liked all italian cruisers, but with the Brindisi I am completely lost. Is really weak. Each small salvo she recieves is a great punishment. Torps are ok, SAp is ok (beh), but i feel is really difficult to avoid the enemy hits, even in long distance (16 km and over) 

Any tip? Is a headache.

P.D. Of course, I watched the videos in youtube but is not enough i think cz i didnt leanr nothing :)

Thank you 

Players
21 posts
4,324 battles

I personally found the Brindisi to be very similar to the Venezia, just weaker in almost every way. Keep in mind most tier IX’s are ‘speed bumps’ made to make people suffer for the tier X ship. Use the SAP as if it were AP, and dodge a lot. Always know when a BB is aiming at you. As soon as you see the muzzle flash put the engine on ‘reverse’ and full rudder to point your nose towards the bb, this way you will successfully avoid almost all the bb salvos from over 15km. If pointing your nose towards the enemy is not an option (island, torps, ecc.) point your nose away, it is riskier but most of the times their shells will just land short.Try to flank the enemy, the ship is very fast and the smoke can help you get out of bad situations. If you hit any DD with an SAP salvo it will deal massive amounts of damage, as it can’t overpen, but you are by no means a D D hunter, just take shots at them if a radar cruiser spots them.

The Venezia has better armour, can land good salvos on every type of ship and is IMO one of the best cruisers in the game. Hold tight, it’s worth the suffering.

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
1,569 posts
21,008 battles
On 3/24/2020 at 10:14 PM, Giorgio_marksman said:

Keep in mind most tier IX’s are ‘speed bumps’ made to make people suffer for the tier X ship.

Points at Fletcher, Mogador, Jutland, Donskoi, Kitakaze, Yugumo....

further points at Iowa, Drake, Izumo,....

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,931 posts
5,340 battles
20 hours ago, rnat said:

Points at Fletcher, Mogador, Jutland, Donskoi, Yugumo....

You mis spelled Kitakaze:cap_haloween:

[AAO]
Players
1,569 posts
21,008 battles
3 minutes ago, lafeel said:

You mis spelled Kitakaze:cap_haloween:

And that is why you shouldn't post stuff when you're as demented as me. :Smile_trollface:
*thinks of Kitakaze, Fletcher*

*starts making list*

*forgets to add in Kitakaze*

• Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,931 posts
5,340 battles
2 minutes ago, rnat said:

And that is why you shouldn't post stuff when you're as demented as me. :Smile_trollface:
*thinks of Kitakaze, Fletcher*

*starts making list*

*forgets to add in Kitakaze*

Also here's one you definetly forgot: Iowa

[AAO]
Players
1,569 posts
21,008 battles
3 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Also here's one you definetly forgot: Iowa

I only picked ships that have some definite advantages over their T10 counterparts.
If we just talk about "strong" T9s clearly the Iowa, Donskoi, ect need to be in that list as well.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,931 posts
5,340 battles
2 minutes ago, rnat said:

I only picked ships that have some definite advantages over their T10 counterparts.
If we just talk about "strong" T9s clearly the Iowa, Donskoi, ect need to be in that list as well.

True but she is definetly no speed hump on the road to tier 10..

• Cool 1

Players
8,331 posts
9,210 battles
6 minutes ago, rnat said:

But... you did put Donskoi on the list.

20 hours ago, rnat said:

Points at Fletcher, Mogador, Jutland, Donskoi, Kitakaze, Yugumo....

further points at Iowa, Donskoi, Drake, Izumo,....

twice with that edit now...

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
1,569 posts
21,008 battles
3 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

But... you did put Donskoi on the list.

twice with that edit now...

I should listen to myself more.... :cap_old:

18 minutes ago, rnat said:

And that is why you shouldn't post stuff when you're as demented as me.

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
350 posts
6,378 battles

Did Donskoi get armor improvement? It seems to be impossible to citadel now with 203mm AP.

[FAILS]
Players
552 posts
19,940 battles
On 3/24/2020 at 4:36 PM, Corocotta15 said:

Hi all. I didnt find a particular tread about this ship, so I ask about her here. I liked all italian cruisers, but with the Brindisi I am completely lost. Is really weak. Each small salvo she recieves is a great punishment. Torps are ok, SAp is ok (beh), but i feel is really difficult to avoid the enemy hits, even in long distance (16 km and over) 

Any tip? Is a headache.

P.D. Of course, I watched the videos in youtube but is not enough i think cz i didnt leanr nothing :)

Thank you 

I had a quick look at your stats in Amalfi and Brindisi (excuse me for that) and I find it a bit curious that you seem to have more trouble avoiding damage in the Brindisi than in Amalfi (I assume). They have almost identical maneuverabilty. In fact, Brindisi has better rudder shift. Granted, she is larger, but not by that much. Also, you have a way higher percentage of battles survived in Brindisi. On average damage and xp you seem to have made a step forward, so everything is fine in the progression. Maybe you are just having one of those cursed ships? E.g., in my Soviet BB grind, I have 60%+ winrate in tiers 5,6,8 and 9, but somehow in the Sinop, which is one of the strongest t7 BBs, I got 40-something. Best thing you can do is not to force it and when the ship does not seem to work, just leave her be for a day or two, play something else and then come back. Personally, I found the transition from Amalfi to Brindisi and then to Venezia extremely smooth and they all play literally the same way at their respective tier. The only reason why I didn't keep Brindisi is because she is not as pretty as the rest of the line. This post might not be that helpful, but what I want to say is: don't despair :Smile_smile:

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,438 posts
17,512 battles

I felt I got more hurt in the Brindisi than the Amalfi so I started playing her a bit more like Amalfi. Forget the rear turrets and do most of the work bow in.

[UA-NF]
Players
361 posts
6,650 battles
Am 24.3.2020 um 16:36, Corocotta15 sagte:

Any tip? Is a headache.

get range module in last slot

[NAES-]
Players
148 posts
21,603 battles
10 horas antes, Perekotypole dijo:

get range module in last slot

Thak you, I did something better: I sold it :)

[AAO]
Players
1,569 posts
21,008 battles

I don't really get where the problem is. The Brindisi is a good high-alpha flanker with decent maneuverability and arcs.
Play her a bit like a more situational Zao with worse concealment (and fit her with the reload mod) and she'll prolly do absolutely fine.

Sign in to follow this